PDA

View Full Version : Subway Army

TundraWolf
13-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Much concern on Notts County board of facing either the Subway Army or Yam-Yam Boys this Saturday. They even have a film clip from 1988 to prove their existence. Do these bozos even exist anymore?

Talk about living in the past!:blue: - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ2nPQ79Tr0)

chalky-ncfc
13-02-2014, 12:48 PM
The thing is Tundra is that we have no real hooligan element that follows Notts,they mostly follow Forest so we see ourselves as easy prey,and as our coach got bricked a couple of seasons ago for no reason whats so ever I think that we have a right to be a tad concerned...

Edit

Ive decided to get my granddads tin helmet out of the loft to be on the safe side anyhow...;D

Woking88
13-02-2014, 12:56 PM
The thing is Tundra is that we have no real hooligan element that follows Notts,they mostly follow Forest so we see ourselves as easy prey,and as our coach got bricked a couple of seasons ago for no reason whats so ever I think that we have a right to be a tad concerned...

Edit

Ive decided to get my granddads tin helmet out of the loft to be on the safe side anyhow...;D

The thing is Chalky, if you had followed the story through, you would know that the perpetrators were not Wolves fans at all - just local thugs!

The police seem to have been very active in 'de-t wattting' the area. Let's hope that shows on Saturday.

Best wishes, mate! :)

Evewolf65
13-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Much concern on Notts County board of facing either the Subway Army or Yam-Yam Boys this Saturday. They even have a film clip from 1988 to prove their existence. Do these bozos even exist anymore?

Talk about living in the past!:blue:

Oh believe me they exist Tundra maybe not under the same Monickers as they used to and with changed personnel but they are more active now than they have been for years.Their activities don't happen inside the grounds like they used to but often in co ordinated pre arranged meets with other clubs firms,
And the majority of the 92 league clubs still has an active crew.
Sad but true I'm afraid and I can't see it changing anytime soon even though there have been numerous attempts over the years!

wolves71
13-02-2014, 03:28 PM

Edit

I've post my thoughts on England Mad, but will post the same here chalky.

I go to games, get their as safely as possible and go home. The same for both home and away games. As with replies on both Wolves and Notts.County mad, if people are looking for trouble, they will always find it.

One thing i have always done regarding football is keep myself to myself and don't give it the "big one". I never let any sort of trouble that has happened in the past put me off and i have been to grounds where trouble used to be notorious. The Den, New Den, Upton Park, Hawtho

Mr.D
13-02-2014, 04:49 PM
I can't see there being any trouble on Saturday to be honest we do have a hooligan element like most clubs but I can't see them turning out for this one.

Over the last few seasons I've enjoyed a drink with away fans down the Blue brick behind the train station with no trouble whatsoever.

Evewolf65
13-02-2014, 05:42 PM
I can't see there being any trouble on Saturday to be honest we do have a hooligan element like most clubs but I can't see them turning out for this one.

Over the last few seasons I've enjoyed a drink with away fans down the Blue brick behind the train station with no trouble whatsoever.

We have away fans in The Stile, not in vast numbers granted but there has never been an issue as far as I can remember, as has been mentioned it is all about common sense, as the old saying goes if you go out looking for trouble it will surely find you

dunstablewolf
13-02-2014, 06:29 PM

Edit

Mate. There is nothing to worry about. I promise you. The coach damage was done by a few local hoodlums. Nothing to do with the fans.

Not saying the hooligans do not exist, but even when they fight it is with like minded knuckle draggers from opposition firms.

My advice would be. Get ya self down the blue brick or the stile. You will have a lovely time.

Secondly. If you see Danny Dyer, run away.

NevoPie
14-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Hi, Camra member going to the game by train, not heard of The Brick, is it a real ale pub? Was thinking of going to the Great Western, do they let in away fans? Am travelling to the match on my own and won't be wearing colours but realise my accent will probably give me away.
Don't fancy being processed in the designated away pub Walkabout as they don't do real ale. If I can't get in a real ale pub, I'd rather grab a drink near New Street station .
Looking forward to the match, expecting it to be a good one depending which team we put out , last 2 home games lost 5-1 to Walsall then beat Coventry 3-0 but should have been 5! Good luck for the rest of the season.

Mr.D
14-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Hi, Camra member going to the game by train, not heard of The Brick, is it a real ale pub? Was thinking of going to the Great Western, do they let in away fans? Am travelling to the match on my own and won't be wearing colours but realise my accent will probably give me away.
Don't fancy being processed in the designated away pub Walkabout as they don't do real ale. If I can't get in a real ale pub, I'd rather grab a drink near New Street station .
Looking forward to the match, expecting it to be a good one depending which team we put out , last 2 home games lost 5-1 to Walsall then beat Coventry 3-0 but should have been 5! Good luck for the rest of the season.Nevo, the BB is next to the Great Western if you come down the stairs on the right of the train station as you come out. Accent shouldn't be a problem due to the many Wolves fans that travel in from far and wide our own icart travels over from Leicester and never as a pro

Evewolf65
14-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Looking forward to the match, expecting it to be a good one depending which team we put out , last 2 home games lost 5-1 to Walsall then beat Coventry 3-0 but should have been 5! Good luck for the rest of the season.

The Stile on Fawdry St is a real ale Pub in what I'd call a proper Wolvo back street boozer also does great food,if that's the kind of thing you're after and it is away from the City centre but only 5-10 minutes from the ground! :)

NevoPie
14-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Thanks Mr D, appreciate that, as they're next door to each other, it would be rude not to try both!

greystone16
14-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Unfortunately the days when opposing fans used to stand together have long since gone due to some of the scumbags who think they are supporters. You can see them at most matches,they don't watch the match but just jeer,swear and give the two finger salute to the opposition,they will never alter they live in a world of cowardice if not in a crowd.

NevoPie
14-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks Evewolf65 just been looking at the reviews of The Stile and it looks like the one, expect it gets very busy though. But if it's in the good beer guide I'd be daft not too,

NevoPie
14-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Not completely, I go and watch my local non league team if I can't get to an away match or Notts aren't playing, and home and away fans mingle quite happily. Unfortunately pack mentality!
Would loved to have seen a packed Molyneux in terrace days, went to Molyneux in the early eighties 8,000 for a first division match I think only 3 stands allowed and again late eighties and 2 stands closed, it looked very sad, but I'm glad your place is back to its former glory.

Evewolf65
14-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Thanks Evewolf65 just been looking at the reviews of The Stile and it looks like the one, expect it gets very busy though. But if it's in the good beer guide I'd be daft not too,

It's nowhere near as busy now we are in League one Nevo
Pop in if you like yer beer and drinking it in a proper old Pub you'll love it I do! :)