PDA

View Full Version : Dundee

JRSLEFTPEG
13-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Not much talk about what I consider the biggest game of the season so far. A win would put the cat among the pigeons and thrust us right up there at the top .A defeat wouldn't be a disaster either as we would still be right in contention for a top four finish and a play off. I agree about what a previous poster said about this seasons weather . Can't remember it being as consistently bad as this and it doesn't encourage the less than truly commited to come to the games . Lets hope for at least a dry day and a few more home fans as Dundee will travel in numbers . Paul Burns has been fantastic recently and he will be a big miss but hopefully we can cope for a game without him and whoever starts instead will do a job. On the plus side , we have a good record against Dundee, are in fine form and it would be nice to defeat them and Hartley again. I would definitely start Lyle if I was McIntyre . He will get dogs abuse off the visitors but he is the type to thrive on it .

aloreburn
13-02-2014, 02:41 PM
From the official site ~~~~

For the second week running this Saturday Queens are at home to the League Leaders. Falkirk came down to Dumfries as the table toppers last week but lost their spot following our 2-0 win. That allowed Dundee, who beat Hamilton 1-0, to leapfrog back into top spot. Now it is Dundee`s turn to try to bring to a halt the excellent run of form Queens are in.

Queens are unbeaten in five and have lost just one of their last nine on a run which has taken us from 8th to 4th and moved us from 15 points off the top on December 1st to just 8 points right now. And that would become 5 points if we could beat Dundee on Saturday.

We`ve not had our problems to seek in team selection over the past couple of weeks but that is starting to clear up now and the squad looks really strong. Although Paul Burns will serve a one match suspension on Saturday, captain Chris Higgins and top scorer Iain Russell return from suspension and are available for selection. Zander Clark an

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
13-02-2014, 03:02 PM
[quote="JRSLEFTPEG"]Not much talk about what I consider the biggest game of the season so far. A win would put the cat among the pigeons and thrust us right up there at the top .A defeat wouldn't be a disaster either as we would still be right in contention for a top four finish and a play off. I agree about what a previous poster said about this seasons weather . Can't remember it being as consistently bad as this and it doesn't encourage the less than truly commited to come to the games . Lets hope for at least a dry day and a few more home fans as Dundee will travel in numbers . Paul Burns has been fantastic recently and he will be a big miss but hopefully we can cope for a game without him and whoever starts instead will do a job. On the plus side , we have a good record against Dundee, are in fine form and it would be nice to defeat them and Hartley again. I would definitely start Lyle if I was McIntyre . He will get dogs abuse off the visitors but he

JRSLEFTPEG
13-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Not so sure that Hartley will sit in Admin. As Alloa manager of course he did but this is a different situation at the biggest full time team in the league . Their fans will expect them to come out and take the game to the opposition. Hartley's mindset of trying to nick a goal and sit in will have to change .

KevinQOS
13-02-2014, 05:00 PM
anyone up for creating an atmosphere, be in the terracing at the blue pole :D dundee will create a good atmosphere and ive been hearing on twitter that they have filled 15 coaches !

BigIain
13-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Time to start talking this game up.

As someone else stated - if we win this one we are right in the mix for the run in.

Mon The South !

fatfan
13-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Think Kerr showed enough last week to come in for burnsy. I think he could have a huge influence in the middle of the park. Lyle and Reilly should start up front. Should Higgins and Russell come straight back into the side? It seems the manager has a nice problem for Saturday with the squad available for this one.

Mustafa_Sheet
13-02-2014, 07:10 PM
[quote="aloreburn"]From the official site ~~~~

For the second week running this Saturday Queens are at home to the League Leaders. Falkirk came down to Dumfries as the table toppers last week but lost their spot following our 2-0 win. That allowed Dundee, who beat Hamilton 1-0, to leapfrog back into top spot. Now it is Dundee`s turn to try to bring to a halt the excellent run of form Queens are in.

Queens are unbeaten in five and have lost just one of their last nine on a run which has taken us from 8th to 4th and moved us from 15 points off the top on December 1st to just 8 points right now. And that would become 5 points if we could beat Dundee on Saturday.

We`ve not had our problems to seek in team selection over the past couple of weeks but that is starting to clear up now and the squad looks really strong. Although Paul Burns will serve a one match suspension on Saturday, captain Chris Higgins and top scorer Iain Russell return from suspension a

Mustafa_Sheet
13-02-2014, 07:13 PM
With the return of drummer boy for the visit of Dundee this Saturday plus a QOS flag display, a decent sized away support and hopefully a more vociferous home support than normal, things are shaping up very nicely. Just hope the rain manages to hold off to hopefully entice a few more home punters through the gates.

Really looking forward to this game.

'mon the South

jardi
14-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Latest forecast suggests a pretty good day tomorrow. There will be a strong north westerly wind, but it should be dry.

Effectively, this should be the (league) game of the season!

scotdee
14-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Glad you guys are looking forward to a good game,Dees will be bringing usual good away support,hope to lay bogey to rest,c'mon the Dee!:D

arrol1919
14-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Really looking forward to this game . The manager will have selection problems with Higgins & Russell returning from suspension & Burns out . Wonder who'll replace Burns & will he be tempted to bring wee Gav back into the starting 11 after his two goals last weekend - Good problems to have though .

Does Hartley still bring his players out early for his bizarre 5 minute warm up at halftime ? We'll no doubt see again tomorrow :)

MUSKY
14-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Enjoyed last weeks performance and result v Falkirk and the same again this weekend would be brilliant. A win over Dundee would really put us in the mix and I honestly see no reason why we cant keep this great run of form up and push for the Championship.
Burnsy seems to be coming into decent form but Mark Kerr is a good player and from what I saw last week he should provide a decent replacement for the wee man.
A difficult decision for the Manager as to whether he starts Reilly or not, I would probably stick with Lyle and McHugh to start with and see how the game pans out.
Hope we can muster a decent and noisy home support tomorrow as the Dees will have their usual good following.

arrol1919
15-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Disappointed to lose that but the penalty decision & the red card ended up deciding the game .

Antell was unlucky not to save the penalty and made a very important save late on so credit to the lad . Young Jim will be upset tonight but he'll just have to take it on the chin & learn from it .

Del will be kicking himself for missing that effort but hey ho , that's football

Bring on the Falkirk

deek5trans
15-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Thought we started very brightly then as the 1st half wore on began to give possession away in midfield and sat too deep which invited Dundee to attack, then the penalty came.

2nd half was expecting us to be under intense pressure but it never happened and Lyle missed a great chance to level one on one.

Overall we deserved a draw and thought we battled well under the circumstances.

Lefty3
15-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Yes i agree Queens started well again this week. But how did Kerr stay on the pitch he was shocking today, played well last week but not in the game today at all, passing was terrible.Agree with Mc Hugh being subbed ,but not with Reilly and Mc Shane being withdrawn. Del should have been on from the start on last weeks performance. The midfield was very poor even when we had eleven players. Durnan and Dowie were brilliant at the back, and Callum played well when he came on.On the day we were beaten by an average team, on a game changing decision. Bring on the Bairns! Up the Queeens!

Northfield53
15-02-2014, 08:13 PM
One mistake from young Jim cost us the game.
He will learn from it.
Unlucky to hit the bar the only thing Russell nearly did right today he was poor today.
Lyle chance he has to score very poor could have have taken it round the keeper but in the end made it a easy save for the keeper.
That is one thing we miss a striker who can take on the keeper one on one and always score.

GiroGeorge
15-02-2014, 09:47 PM
keeper had no need to go in for challenge as the ball and player were going nowhere together, sub keeper unlucky with penalty, lyle shouldve went round the keeper, russell is now becoming a liability,unlucky not to have taken something from the game and does anybody know who the 2 muppets are that stand behind the goals and were directing abuse at sub keeper in telling him how to line his wall up for a freekick, is this the same 2 that have been referred to on here ump**** times for shouting abuse at our own players

Hard_Labour
15-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Couldn't believe my ears at the fans shouting cheat at the ref after he awarded the penalty and rightly sent Jim off. It was as blatant a penalty as I've ever seen and a major error of judgement by the keeper who shouted for the ball when he was never going to get there first . A very very costly mistake that I am sure he will learn from . Up to that point we were comfortable and a win was on the cards . Fortunately still in the mix I suppose but a few tough away games to come so has to be put down as a major missed opportunity which I hope we don't regret later in the season .

megatron
16-02-2014, 12:05 AM
I do wonder sometimes. Jim was last man so had too go for the ball. From my angle I couldn't see very much but the ball was taken away from the striker, which means he wouldn't have scored anyway as a defender tracking back had the ball. Very harsh red card. Dowie was caught in-mans land. Think dowie has had 2 shocking weeks very poor and well off the pace. Kerr was good 1st but knackered 2nd. And Lyle should have burried it. But very poor Dundee team will be a long season for there fans. With hartleys defend tactics

deek5trans
16-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Was there any need to send him off though? Were Dundee denied a clear goal scoring opportunity? Will be interesting to see the footage. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no contact although Jim did appear to needlessly dive in - but it all came down to giving the ball away in midfield.

No idea how Dundee are top of the division. They were no better than us with 10 men. A very average side.

GB72
16-02-2014, 08:26 AM
I do wonder sometimes. Jim was last man so had too go for the ball. From my angle I couldn't see very much but the ball was taken away from the striker, which means he wouldn't have scored anyway as a defender tracking back had the ball. Very harsh red card. Dowie was caught in-mans land. Think dowie has had 2 shocking weeks very poor and well off the pace. Kerr was good 1st but knackered 2nd. And Lyle should have burried it. But very poor Dundee team will be a long season for there fans. With hartleys defend tactics

"Will be a long season for Dundee fans" XD XD

Yeah its a total nightmare being four clear of 2nd six clear of third and whatever we are clear of you guys, absolute nightmare...

topfitter
16-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Thanks to Lochar Thistle FC and Heston Rovers FC for providing the half-time entertainment at yesterdays game, pics below,

http://i57.tinypic.com/359l4d1.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/30xj1pg.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/zx8bjq.jpg

sneddee
16-02-2014, 12:38 PM
defensive dundee?? w.t.f.? look at the formation m8! defo pen, keeper rightly sent off, you couldnt handle boyle. lyle's chance was a great save! we were comfortable through the game and should have had another 2 goals. you's lot are worse than average!!! look at the table in may!!! ;D

arrol1919
16-02-2014, 12:43 PM

What game were you watching ? Dowie had and outstanding game yesterday . Him & Durns were solid at the back

arrol1919
16-02-2014, 12:47 PM
defensive dundee?? w.t.f.? look at the formation m8! defo pen, keeper rightly sent off, you couldnt handle boyle. lyle's chance was a great save! we were comfortable through the game and should have had another 2 goals. you's lot are worse than average!!! look at the table in may!!! ;D

In all fairness it was an average game played by two average sides yesterday .

The appointment of Hartley will win you's the league , he knows how to grind out results . As you've seen against 9 man Hamilton & 10 man Queens .

sneddee
16-02-2014, 01:02 PM
i know what u'r saying m8, but in all fairness if we had taken our chances in both games we would have been out of sight and teams intend to sit in so i wouldnt say hartley grinds out results imo.

GiroGeorge
16-02-2014, 02:40 PM
i know what u'r saying m8, but in all fairness if we had taken our chances in both games we would have been out of sight and teams intend to sit in so i wouldnt say hartley grinds out results imo.

yous didnt take your chances either did we yous got a 1 nil win from a penalty against 10 men, good luck for the future

sneddee
16-02-2014, 04:26 PM
yes a defo pen imo, it dosnt matter how u win, 3 points all that matters m8 and we could have had a few more goals that our attacking football deserved!!! good luck if u reach the play-offs! ;D

arrol1919
16-02-2014, 04:34 PM
yes a defo pen imo, it dosnt matter how u win, 3 points all that matters m8 and we could have had a few more goals that our attacking football deserved!!! good luck if u reach the play-offs! ;D

It was a penalty & it cost us dearly .

Time to move on . Another big game for us next Saturday away to Falkirk .

This league is still the best in Scotland & there's plenty to play for , for everyone

QOS55
16-02-2014, 04:55 PM
Don't think Hartley will be defensive with Dundee as he has now got a better squad of players than with Alloa.

No question the penalty and sending off probably cost us the game. Up to that point queens were very much in the game.

Btw how anybody can think Dowie has been shocking in the last 2 games is beyond me.

rjc_1988
16-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Snedee

It was a penalty but I don't think many fair minded followers of football respect this silly sending off rule.

It ruiins games - I remember rab Douglas being sent off after about 3 minutes at Palmerston playing for Dundee for a foul on weatherston when he had no chance of scoring. You talk about ruining a football match.

Managers don't want this rule and the reality is that there are now far too many dismissals for innocuous incidents.

11 v 10 for an entire half is a massive advantage and totally distorts the balance of play . That said we had as many great chances as you did and with 11 on the park I would have been surprised if we had lost to you.

Ifs buts and maybes - the fact is that we have had a massive self destruct tendency this season and if we cannot curb this habit we may miss out on play offs.

KevinTwoddle
16-02-2014, 08:22 PM

How you come to the conclusion that Dundee "could have had a few more goals" is beyond me. There was nothing in the 1st half and in the 2nd half both sides hit the woodwork and each keeper had a 1 on 1 save to make.

The game was ultimately decided by a 5 second incident. You would not have thought that it was 11 v 10 at any stage in the game and for the top team in the league unable to dominate having a man advantage was quite poor from their side.

Had it been 11 v 11 for 90 minutes QoS would have probably won.

sneddee
16-02-2014, 10:08 PM
XD XD. had more clear cut chances than you, and we were comfortable all through the game m8 and even if you's did have 11, we still would have been in control. we dominated midfield! spoke to a queens supporter after the match and he said to me you deserved the win all the best!! :D

GB72
16-02-2014, 10:43 PM

How you come to the conclusion that Dundee "could have had a few more goals" is beyond me. There was nothing in the 1st half and in the 2nd half both sides hit the woodwork and each keeper had a 1 on 1 save to make.

The game was ultimately decided by a 5 second incident. You would not have thought that it was 11 v 10 at any stage in the game and for the top team in the league unable to dominate having a man advantage was quite poor from their side.

Had it been 11 v 11 for 90 minutes QoS would have probably won.[/quote]

And if my Granny had baws...XD

KevinTwoddle
16-02-2014, 10:59 PM
XD XD. had more clear cut chances than you, and we were comfortable all through the game m8 and even if you's did have 11, we still would have been in control. we dominated midfield! spoke to a queens supporter after the match and he said to me you deserved the win all the best!! :D

You need to take of your Dark Blue glasses.
BBC report on match reads Queens 6 shots, 3 on target. Dundee 7 shots, 1 on target and 50% possession each.

Although I do question the accuracy of that because I recall Queens keeper saving from 1 on 1 chance plus the penalty would equal at least TWO shots on target. That aside, this was a close game inspite of 11 v 10.

sneddee
16-02-2014, 11:06 PM
bbc match report? XD never accurate m8! we'll agree to disagree. imo, the pitch is shyte also. hope you's beat falkirk.

KevinTwoddle
16-02-2014, 11:27 PM
That particular pitch is "shyte"? Or you mean ALL artificial surfaces for professional matches are?

fatfan
17-02-2014, 12:41 AM
Nothing in yesterday's game and to say Dundee dominated midfield suggests you are happy with mediocrity or you see the game only one way. On clear cut chances queens slightly shaded it over the 90 minutes, but the penalty decision got your noses in front. If Dundee do go up, and that's a big if, then they will be straight back down. From what i seen the lad up front was the only stand out for you. The keeper had a solid game, but as for the rest, they would struggle for a queens jersey.

Of all the sides this season I have seen, there is only one that I could say have dominated a game against the south and that was Hamilton.

Typical Dundee fan, talking up there side and got them world beaters. And how a spectator can say the pitch is useless? Surely that's for the players to say! Unless you have experience of playing on it. No doubt you thought it was blue in colour

bluesince1969
17-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Why all the aggression towards the Dundee boy.At least he`s taken the time to post on our site.
Whenever Dundee come down they bring a great following and in the last 10 years have produced some great games.
Think they`ll probably win league but if they dont we can look forward to another 2 extra paydays in what is looking like a financial bonanza season!

KevinTwoddle
17-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Why all the aggression towards the Dundee boy.At least he`s taken the time to post on our site.

Are you serious? I do not notice any "aggression". This is a debate about football, which is why we are all here!

The Sneddee as a fellow football fan is very welcome to post on our board. However he is coming out with biased points of view:

Your pitch is shyte
We were comfortable throughout the game
Yous lot are worse than average
We dominated midfield.

Queens fans are naturally defending those statements. What do you want us to do bluesince1969? Agree with him?

sneddee
17-02-2014, 12:13 PM
XD XD XD

KevinTwoddle
17-02-2014, 12:23 PM
XD XD XD

You little troll !! lol

sneddee
17-02-2014, 12:24 PM
kevin, everyone has an opinion and thats yours m8! its the worse artificial pitch ive seen imo. one of your fellow supporters was saying there are only 2 decent players in our team, keeper and i think he was refering to boyle?? what about young declen whighton ffs? anyway all the best. it will be a good league for you's next season financialy! ;D

KevinTwoddle
17-02-2014, 01:10 PM
you've certainly got more than a couple of decent players, hence why you are top of the league. I only dispute that beyond the sending off that there was anything between the sides.

All the best to you too, and look forward to playing you again 4 times again next season ;D

scotdee
17-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Christ,I hope no,no offence but I don't want to be in this league next season with Huns&fertz,financially be ok though,all the best though:D

bluesince1969
18-02-2014, 07:01 AM
Saw this report on Saturdays game on Dundee website.Most impressive!

Dee grab ***** win at Queens

The Dark Blues extended their lead at the top of the Championship to four points with a narrow and hard fought 1-0 win over Queen of the South at Palmerston Park. Ryan Conroy scored the winning goal from the penalty spot at the end of the first half. Queens' keeper Jim Atkinson was sent off for fouling Martin Boyle in the incident that led to the penalty.

Paul Hartley sent out an unchanged line up, and made only one change on the bench. New signing Sean Bonnett-Johnson replaced Cameron Kerr on the bench.

Paul Hartley said that he wanted Dundee to play the same style home and away, and the tactical formation was exactly the same as last week. MacDonald was the lone striker, with Boyle and Conroy offering width. McAlister played in the hole behind the striker, while McBride and Rae were holding midfielders.

In the first game of the season Queens tore Dundee's defence apart with an agg