PDA

View Full Version : Article on Nigel Clough

Romanis
13-02-2014, 07:32 PM
An interesting article on Clough Jr and his feud with billy.

Now say what you will, but I've always been a Nigel Clough supporter and find it very hard to say a bad thing about him. - view external link (http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/feb/13/sheffield-united-nigel-clough-brian-clough-fa-cup-billy-davies-nottingham-for)

Romanis
13-02-2014, 07:37 PM
I think the best way to view this feud between them is to look upon the future.

Let's just say 10 years from now, even 5 years, and let's say we are a Prem team, and obviously I'm supposing Billy would no longer be our manager (In fact I honestly doubt he'll be here this time next year, but that's a different matter).

Whom do you think Forest fans then would think of more highly - Billy or Nigel?

Unless Billy brings us up and keeps us there or wins a Cup, I honestly believe it would Nigel that would be held in higher regard.

That's of course if our Billy doesn't do a Preston on us!

garibaldi
13-02-2014, 07:43 PM
We can like them both you know. :?

Romanis
13-02-2014, 07:48 PM
We can like them both you know. :?

Don't be mistaken, I don't hate Billy, I honestly believe he's the correct manager for us at this moment.

But as far as liking him or holding him in the same regard I would for other post Clough managers like Clark or Bassett, I'm reserving judgment until the final results are out.

nffc_lad_92
13-02-2014, 09:53 PM
I personally cant stand nigel clough and he is no legend at the city ground in my eyes , when he took the derby job , he thought he was better than forest and turned into a bitter tw*t and now he got the sack realised what he has done and asking for forgiveness .. sorry nige! no

triz
13-02-2014, 10:09 PM
he asked for forgiveness?

KeeptheCityGround
14-02-2014, 06:37 AM

Let's just say 10 years from now, even 5 years, and let's say we are a Prem team, and obviously I'm supposing Billy would no longer be our manager (In fact I honestly doubt he'll be here this time next year, but that's a different matter).

Unless Billy brings us up and keeps us there or wins a Cup, I honestly believe it would Nigel that would be held in higher regard.

If you're under the age of 30 then you won't remember Nigel playing for Forest. So the younger generations will favour Billy.

As for Nigel I'll never forget him waving his team on whilst Cohen lay in agony. The sheep player on the ball(green I think it was) looked at him to say shall I put it out. The rest is history.

45red
14-02-2014, 06:50 AM
Short Memories

The facts are Nigel was the manager of Derby, therefor he had to, and should have put that team first.

I love how Forest fans forget that Brian Clough loved Derby County, and openly stated so. I personally think that The european cup would read Derby County on it, had it not been for Derby sacking/accepting Brians resignation.

My memory of nigel is the same as his fathers, and that is on the red side of the trent, nothing else matters.

dam617
14-02-2014, 09:53 AM

Tomasz Cykwa was released from Derby with a public flea in his ear. He was deemed 'not very bright' which earned Clough a rollicking from the PFA.
His petulent, sneaky kick at Davies whilst his back was turned burnt his bridges with us as far as I'm concerned. Not forgetting the aforementioned Cohen incident.
He's at best an average manager. No tha

rodred
14-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Short Memories

The facts are Nigel was the manager of Derby, therefor he had to, and should have put that team first.

I love how Forest fans forget that Brian Clough loved Derby County, and openly stated so. I personally think that The european cup would read Derby County on it, had it not been for Derby sacking/accepting Brians resignation.

My memory of nigel is the same as his fathers, and that is on the red side of the trent, nothing else matters.

Not just loved Derby but talked to them about going back whilst at Forest !! As for Nigel, pressure does funny things to people, but the two things that I will remember are that he gained the trust and respect of his team mates despite being the manager's son, and that sublime pass to Brian Rice in the cup at Highbury. The rest is tittle tattle