PDA

View Full Version : Ikeme or McCarey?

wolves71
13-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Should it be "As you Were" or should Ikeme start against Notts.County? - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/p9w5nht)

Evewolf65
13-02-2014, 08:05 PM
[quote="wolves71" or should Ikeme start against Notts.County?[/quote]

McCarey should carry on, he's done nothing wrong, It is now up to Ikeme to wait and earn his starting place back, and I'd hope he'd expect to have to do that.

Dudleywolf
13-02-2014, 08:18 PM
McCarey should carry on, he's done nothing wrong, It is now up to Ikeme to wait and earn his starting place back, and I'd hope he'd expect to have to do that.

If it were a simple question of playing your best keeper, I would put Ikeme straight back in and would certainly want him in the team v Brentford. However, Jackett has other considerations, such as teamspirit and fairness? so he may make Ikeme wait.

Personally I would say, thanks McCarey, you have done a good job in front of a great defence, its been good experience for you, ahead of when you were expecting it, but the main man is back ! B)

Evewolf65
13-02-2014, 08:23 PM

If it were a simple question of playing your best keeper, I would put Ikeme straight back in and would certainly want him in the team v Brentford. However, Jackett has other considerations, such as teamspirit and fairness? so he may make Ikeme wait.

Personally I would say, thanks McCarey, you have done a good job in front of a great defence, its been good experience for you, ahead of when you were expecting it, but the main man is back ! B)[/quote]

If I was McCarey who's been playing well and KJ just drafted Ikeme straight back in like that I'd think Whats the 'kin point':blue: !

Evewolf65
13-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Oh and BTW Duds young McCarey stepped into the breach when Hennessey had F00ked Jackett over and Ikeme was injured, he was good enough then he is good enough now KJ owes him that show of trust and loyalty in my book!

TundraWolf
13-02-2014, 09:36 PM
McCarey for all the reasons given above. A perceived lack of fairness can crush a young player much harder than a grizzled veteran!

theplater
13-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Sorry Eve I can't agree, there is a world of difference between Hennessey and and Ikeme's situations. I agree with Duds, you play the most expeienced and best keeper if fit especially when the junior keeper is well aware and probably expecting that to be the case. McCarey's time will come and through Hennessey getting his move he's already been promoted quicker than he expected. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see KJ stick with him either.

greystone16
14-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Whilst agreeing with Duds and Plats on this one maybe it would be fair if Ikeme had one reserve game just to really prove his match fitness and that he was up to speed.

Woking88
14-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Kenny speaks on the subject:- - view external link (http://tinyurl.com/kcpydlg)

Evewolf65
14-02-2014, 02:04 PM
Sorry Eve I can't agree, there is a world of difference between Hennessey and and Ikeme's situations. I agree with Duds, you play the most expeienced and best keeper if fit especially when the junior keeper is well aware and probably expecting that to be the case. McCarey's time will come and through Hennessey getting his move he's already been promoted quicker than he expected. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see KJ stick with him either.

Fair do's Plater you're entitled to your opinion, but I can't get it out of the back of my mind that this is the same Carl Ikeme as good a Keeper as he is that let us and the club down last season, by after committing a 'worldy' of a howler which resulted in a goal we up until that point never looked like conceding, decided in a fit of Pigue to march into the dressing room and punch a tactics board breaking his hand and ruling himself out for the rest of the Season.
What a Prize Tw4t!As I

wolves71
14-02-2014, 03:54 PM
I agree that Ikeme has the experience over McCarey, but sometimes making changes for changes sake isn't always the way to go. McCarey has done well since stepping up and playing at Gillingham and i think he should start tomorrow.