PDA

View Full Version : David Artell The International!!!

grestyraider7
13-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Called up yesterday for the Gibraltar squad..good on him!!

VindePays2009
13-02-2014, 11:17 PM
How, exactly?

We've all heard the stories of how players became Welsh internationals on the strength of eating a Welsh rarebit at the Crewe Station buffet.

So, what's David's FAG (Find a Gibraltarian) excuse? Did a hydrofoil he was on from Tarifa to Tangier have to divert to Gibraltar due to adverse weather conditions?

out0lunch
13-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Just knew we should not have let him go, I thought he would go on to better things.

Good luck Dave, winning captain at Wembley

lestiverton
13-02-2014, 11:43 PM
According to the "Chester Chronicle", David Artell is eligible to play for Gibraltar through his grandmother. Artell will be playing alongside Danny Higginbotham, both ex-Chester signings.

somersetcrewe
14-02-2014, 09:02 AM
Just knew we should not have let him go, I thought he would go on to better things.

Trying to work out if you really mean that, although I suspect the tongue is firmly planted inside the cheek somewhere, especially as Dave could not re-establish himself back in L2 with Northampton, and is now not even a regular starter in the Conf.

That said, I'm a firm believer that some players just fit in some teams, and in others they don't - and with us he was a good fit, in spite of his "pace". He could read the game quite well and he was a worthy captain. Maybe, just maybe, he could have given us one or 2 more seasons - I guess we'll never know! ;D

Top bloke!

AlexLeicester
14-02-2014, 09:42 AM
Really pleased for the guy. He was a great ambassador for the Alex and remains so for football. :star:
Must be great to swap damp, cold Wrexham for sunny Gib over the next month or so.

Strangely, of the 22 in the squad, 10 are from Lincoln. Do they have the same system for Conf sides over time off for internationals?

Dave had to go, no question in my mind, but he went with everyone's best wishes.

bigroof
14-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Really pleased for the guy. He was a great ambassador for the Alex and remains so for football. :star:
Must be great to swap damp, cold Wrexham for sunny Gib over the next month or so.

Strangely, of the 22 in the squad, 10 are from Lincoln. Do they have the same system for Conf sides over time off for internationals?

Dave had to go, no question in my mind, but he went with everyone's best wishes.

It's not Lincoln City, AL, but a Gibraltar league team called Lincoln Red Imps.

out0lunch
14-02-2014, 10:10 AM

Trying to work out if you really mean that, although I suspect the tongue is firmly planted inside the cheek somewhere, especially as Dave could not re-establish himself back in L2 with Northampton, and is now not even a regular starter in the Conf.

That said, I'm a firm believer that some players just fit in some teams, and in others they don't - and with us he was a good fit, in spite of his "pace". He could read the game quite well and he was a worthy captain. Maybe, just maybe, he could have given us one or 2 more seasons - I guess we'll never know! ;D

Top bloke![/quote]

It was tongue in cheek Somerset. For all his playing faults he was a great leader, you only have to watch the play off game to see that.
I wish him all the best

AlexLeicester
14-02-2014, 11:27 AM

It's not Lincoln City, AL, but a Gibraltar league team called Lincoln Red Imps.[/quote]

Ta muchly.