PDA

View Full Version : Hampshire fans...

lovedeanblue
14-02-2014, 09:53 AM
Good Morning and are you all hsppy ? :O

Hampshire have appointed Dale Benkenstein as their new first-team coach.

The former South Africa Test batsman has agreed to join the coaching staff and will join the Ageas Bowl outfit in time for the pre-season tour to Barbados.

The 39-year-old former Durham star replaces Giles White, who has moved into a director of cricket role at the club.

Benkenstein scored more than 9,000 first-class runs for the club at an average of 45.9 and captained the side to Friends Provident Trophy glory and a maiden County Championship title in consecutive seasons (2007, 2008).

More recently, though, Benkenstein spent the winter working as batting coach for South African side Sunfoil Dolphins a?? the club of Hampshirea??s overseas signing, Kyle Abbott.

Benkenstein said: a??Ia??m looking forward to what is going to be a new challenge for me.

a??Ita??s a brilliant set-up here, Ia??ve spoken to the players and coaches at the club and Ia??m excited about w

EnfieldBlue
14-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Worcs might have a bit of a job getting their ground right for the season, given that it's been underwater for a good while.

Looks a good appointment for Hants. Promotion challenge maybe?

What is it with websites not coping apostrophes? They have been around a long while...

BlueAdder
14-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Whats with all the random ???? scattered about in LDB's post, and in many others I have seen.
Is LDB causing it?
Is footymad causing it?
Is my laptop causing it, and only I am seeing it?

lovedeanblue
14-02-2014, 06:37 PM
I cut and pasted it, should have checked it as there are several symbols the site doesn't recognise. The Pound sign plus the apostrophe for a start. I blame the Saga louts :blue: