PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Stelling

___Whatever___
14-02-2014, 10:52 AM
A bit on Pompey... - view external link (http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11674/9164618)

EnfieldBlue
14-02-2014, 11:25 AM
I like Jeff. You always get the impression he thoroughly loves football, at all levels.

Link to an interesting piece on Michael Appleton from that article too - which is full of more inaccuracies than a News report! Wrong club he went on to manage, wrong year... :D

Mangosmate
14-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Jeff is skys one and only true asset. His soccer saturday show is the highlight of their schedule. he obviously loves his footy and is high on the list factually with stats players etc.

Fair play to him, he knows there's only one set of true supporters in the south. If the same UNBELIEVABLE **** was endured by the other lot, their gates would have long been gone. FACT!

kernow
14-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Jeff is skys one and only true asset. His soccer saturday show is the highlight of their schedule. he obviously loves his footy and is high on the list factually with stats players etc.

Fair play to him, he knows there's only one set of true supporters in the south. If the same UNBELIEVABLE **** was endured by the other lot, their gates would have long been gone. FACT!

1.It was probably more like 4 years ago that you cheated us out of the FA Cup with four goals from players you had borrowed. I think Jeff has got that wrong.
2. Your FACT is your opinion, unsubstantiated and not a FACT at all.

___Whatever___
14-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Still makes me laugh about this cheating stuff.

What defines cheating?

And what is the difference between what happened here and What happened down the road? Except the other lot failed to win anything by going into administration?

Some bitter and twisted people out there.

kernow
14-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Still makes me laugh about this cheating stuff.

What defines cheating?

And what is the difference between what happened here and What happened down the road? Except the other lot failed to win anything by going into administration?

Some bitter and twisted people out there.

Agree that there's some bitter and twisted people out there.

I suppose it is laughable but then all we lost was a game of football.

___Whatever___
14-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Nice avoiding of the questions.

Mangosmate
14-02-2014, 03:54 PM
1.It was probably more like 4 years ago that you cheated us out of the FA Cup with four goals from players you had borrowed. I think Jeff has got that wrong.[/quote]

I've never cheated anyone in my life FYO!

I've stood by as an observer and supporter of the team i was born to follow.Even when my team has been ripped apart by crooks with 5 consecutive awful seasons without stability,players, results and a future i'm still here. As have 15500 other regulars now in the lowest division.

Your supporters could only average 17800 in the CHAMPIONSHIP in 2008-09 with 1 bad season behind them. let alone 5 seasons and being entrenched near the bottom of the whole league.

You honestly want me to believe or think you'd lose less than 2000 supporters over a season after another 4 bad seasons and dropping 3 divisions????

DREAM ON Kernow!!!!

Jeff knows the truth. XD XD :P

Corkhead
14-02-2014, 04:19 PM
1.It was probably more like 4 years ago that you cheated us out of the FA Cup with four goals from players you had borrowed. I think Jeff has got that wrong.
2. Your FACT is your opinion, unsubstantiated and not a FACT at all.

Don't make me laugh. Are you seriously saying you would have won the cup that year? Congratulations, you have added second sight to your list of talents. Still it all adds fuel to your imagined slights and excuses the fact you have been serious underperformers over the years in the trophy stakes. Perhaps you can use your ability to predict the future and let us know the next time Scum are going to win something.

pompeygun
14-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Silly stuff from the usually sane kernow.
>:)

kendaldaz
15-02-2014, 08:11 AM

2. Your FACT is your opinion, unsubstantiated and not a FACT at all.[/quote] the only ones cheated were pompey and the fans,so why don't you get over yourself and live with the fact we ****ed you over 4-1 in your own backyard,:star: :star: :star: :star: , 2fa cups 2 league champions,play up pompey

kernow
16-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Silly stuff from the usually sane kernow.
>:)

Some examples of silly stuff for you pompeygun.

"Fair play to him, he knows there's only one set of true supporters in the south. If the same UNBELIEVABLE **** was endured by the other lot, their gates would have long been gone. FACT!"

Not fact, merely partisan opinion.

"What defines cheating?"

Gaining unfair advantage by breaking the rules. Bending the rules can be cheating as well but that's just an opinion.

"And what is the difference between what happened here and What happened down the road? Except the other lot failed to win anything by going into administration?"

The difference ? Don't know exactly but wasn't it something like £135 million ?! Oh yes and Saints won the investment of a Swiss billionaire

"You honestly want me to believe or think you'd lose less than 2000 supporters over a season after another 4 bad seasons and dropping 3 divisions????"

Not sure I want you

pompeygun
16-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Kernow, what he's referring to is the money that poured out of this club into other peoples back pockets, some known, some unknown. So in effect he's right PFc was cheated. The fans & creditors are all thats left to pick up the pieces.
Tks for the congratulations but you do sound like you've a severe case of "hair across it". ;D
Famous saying, when in a hole stop digging!!
Sounds like your lot were a tad unlucky yesterday from what I heard on 5 live before our game, Sui had 20 quid on your lot to lift the cup!

Corkhead
16-02-2014, 09:38 AM
I'll spell it out for you silly Kernow.

"You cheated us out of the FA Cup with four goals from players you had borrowed."

"Don't think I said that did I !?" :?

To cheat someone out of something. expl: to get something from someone by deception.

Hope that helps.

lovedeanblue
16-02-2014, 09:40 AM
I remember missing a sitter similar to Lambert did yesterday many years ago. I managed to hit the underside of the bar, there again I wasn't paid thousands a week in wages ;D

Corkhead
16-02-2014, 09:47 AM
And you were reffing the match. :D

At least you hit the bar. Lambo couldn't even manage that.

They've turned mediocrity and lack of ambition into an expensive artform. But apparently it's all part of the "Project". They don't want to get into the Europa League in case it stops them in their Grand Plan to er, get into Europe. It all makes sense. Really it does.

kernow
16-02-2014, 11:47 AM

They've turned mediocrity and lack of ambition into an expensive artform. But apparently it's all part of the "Project". They don't want to get into the Europa League in case it stops them in their Grand Plan to er, get into Europe. It all makes sense. Really it does.

Portsmouth FC still exist when any other business in the real world outside of fantasy football land would have been wound up and part of history.

But it all makes sense. Of course it does !

Corkhead
16-02-2014, 12:21 PM
About as much sense as you making a ridiculous comment and then forgetting it all on the same thread? (see above and conveniently ignored btw).

I think you have spent so much time on SM with your cronies inventing lies, distorting the truth and creating myths about our club and its fans you haven't a clue what is fact or fiction.

kernow
16-02-2014, 01:28 PM
About as much sense as you making a ridiculous comment and then forgetting it all on the same thread? (see above and conveniently ignored btw).

I think you have spent so much time on SM with your cronies inventing lies, distorting the truth and creating myths about our club and its fans you haven't a clue what is fact or fiction.

You obviously don't read SaintsMad or you wouldn't feel the need to make such a personal attack.
At no point did I say we would win the FA Cup that year. You're the one that said it, you silly person.
And yes I stand by what I said. Cheating is gaining an advantage through unfair means.

Good day to you.

kendaldaz
16-02-2014, 02:21 PM
:star: :star: :star: :star: ,we are the Portsmouth the pride of the south

pompeygun
16-02-2014, 02:51 PM

Portsmouth FC still exist when any other business in the real world outside of fantasy football land would have been wound up and part of history.

But it all makes sense. Of course it does ![/quote]

About as much sense as SFC being a top 10 PL team now whereas a few yrs ago in L1 & on the brink...

Corkhead
16-02-2014, 03:01 PM

You obviously don't read SaintsMad or you wouldn't feel the need to make such a personal attack.
At no point did I say we would win the FA Cup that year. You're the one that said it, you silly person.
And yes I stand by what I said. Cheating is gaining an advantage through unfair means.

Good day to you.[/quote]

You seem to be having quite a few problems linking up reality today but I'll help you out again. Earlier in this thread you said we "cheated you out of the FA Cup". Put simply that infers you believe you would have won the cup if we hadn't cheated yo

kernow
16-02-2014, 03:32 PM

But it all makes sense. Of course it does !

About as much sense as SFC being a top 10 PL team now whereas a few yrs ago in L1 & on the brink...[/quote]

Point taken pompeygun. Football reality, bit of a contradiction in terms.

That club you played yesterday. Got a lot of time for them.

pompeygun
16-02-2014, 05:07 PM
Excellent turnout from the Wombles. Yep, think they've done brilliantly after what happened to them.

Mangosmate
17-02-2014, 09:55 AM
[quote="Corkhead"12:21 on 16 Feb]

With regards to personal attacks. I do read SM quite often as I find it generally amusing and often illuminating as to all things Pompey. As you know several SM posters regularly use the term "Charity Thief" as a generic term for any Portsmouth supporter. This is obviously a downright lie ( I see considerably more fund-raising effort on FF than on SM ) and possibly libellous. Never once have I seen any of you challenge this on SM so presumably you agree. In fact you make one of the main peddlars of this rubbish a mod. What I am sure of is that if anyone started any of that sort of nonsense on FF they would be called to account very quickly.

I write this because some SM posters enjoy coming on FF and post from a stand point of moral superiority. You have done exactly that earlier in this thread with your talk of "being cheated out of the FA Cup". The

hughjampton
19-02-2014, 04:20 PM
On the rather purile and tedious GLCT theme to this thread, I just read that Bradley Wright Phillips just joined the red bulls. I was amazed that he would get a visa after riffling all those girls handbags at that night club. Pretty disgusting stuff really but he somehow wriggled out of it ( and a couple of other indiscretions it seems ) in spite of being on video doing it. Applying the same moronic logic, should all Scu*mers now be called DHTGC's ? Or should we maybe be a little more grown up ?

Corkhead
19-02-2014, 05:11 PM
There is that temptation Hugh but probably best not to sink to their low standards of creating stereotypes and tarring everyone of a certain persuasion with the same brush. I mean a geezer with a toothbrush moustache was doing that 70 odd years ago and look where it got him.

hughjampton
19-02-2014, 05:19 PM
I'm not sure anything that bad happened to Charlie Chaplin ? WTF you on about ?

Corkhead
19-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Quite right. More like a bunch of comedians than Nazis.

kernow
19-02-2014, 07:43 PM
[quote="Mangosmate"12:21 on 16 Feb]

With regards to personal attacks. I do read SM quite often as I find it generally amusing and often illuminating as to all things Pompey. As you know several SM posters regularly use the term "Charity Thief" as a generic term for any Portsmouth supporter. This is obviously a downright lie ( I see considerably more fund-raising effort on FF than on SM ) and possibly libellous. Never once have I seen any of you challenge this on SM so presumably you agree. In fact you make one of the main peddlars of this rubbish a mod. What I am sure of is that if anyone started any of that sort of nonsense on FF they would be called to account very quickly.

I write this because some SM posters enjoy coming on FF and post from a stand point of moral superiority. You have done exactly that earlier in this thread with you

kernow
19-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Quote function is libellous !!

kernow
19-02-2014, 07:45 PM
Quite right. More like a bunch of comedians than Nazis.

Quite right !