PDA

View Full Version : Steve Davis interview

bigroof
14-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Good interview with Steve, taking in Cornwall, problem of replacing best players, post-Dario succession plan, and choosing beds.

Always worth downloading (free) the Football League Radio podcast to iTunes. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctsPtcG_CoE&feature=youtu.be)

lestiverton
14-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Worth listening to. While he aspires to higher places, still, and good luck to him for wanting to get on, supporters will remain fearful of his moving on. Let's hope when the time comes there'll be someone, cultured in the Alex. philosophy, waiting in the wings.

somersetcrewe
14-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Let's hope when the time comes there'll be someone, cultured in the Alex. philosophy, waiting in the wings.

James Collins ...??

AlexLeicester
14-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Let's hope when the time comes there'll be someone, cultured in the Alex. philosophy, waiting in the wings.

James Collins ...??[/quote]

Let's hope it will be a long time yet, but Collins is a that springs to mind - perhaps too readily.
SD had experience of management with Nantwich and served an 'apprenticeship' at the Alex under Dario and then that mistake of an Icelander. I would not want to see a repeat of the Holland era: good guy, great coach, just not a manager.

sacrewebleu
14-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Imo its a no brainer !

I sincerely hope it never comes to it, but Dean Saunders for me, lives local, knows the club and main people such as Baker and Collins thru his sons academy career.

Worked with little money at wrexham, successful at Doncaster (I think ) , like Icarus he flew too close to Molyneaux and got burnt so needs to find his feet and something to prove.

then the final bit, if we told him we put the surname initial before the first, we dont need to change the managers training kit from the one steve wears now!;D

lestiverton
14-02-2014, 07:26 PM
I like sacrebleu's money-saving idea. That could be applied to players, too.

Tomkat2011
16-02-2014, 01:25 AM
One to watch out for over the coming years is definitely Carl Everall. Currently coaching at The Alex, not sure which age group, possibly under 11's. Only 24 but already leading FC Crewe (playing at highest level before semi-pro)to the first league title in their history and a mate who plays for them spoke very highly of his methods. Has his UEFA B license and is obviously an ambitious, enthusiastic local lad with a lot to offer.

dottirofhod
16-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Might be a good call in a few years time if Carl carries on like he is doing. Would have to bring his number 2 Luke Goddard with him.
As to leading Crewe F C to the Cheshire League title this season I admire your optimism.
League tables and all things Crewe F C available here, http://www.crewefc.org.uk/ .

Here is the man , sure the kit will go down well on here = http://www.crewefc.org.uk/club/News/view/822891
The F C management duo were present yesterday against Brentford and were non too complimentary.