PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon tomorrow.

Jim
14-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Is the game even going ahead tomorrow? The weather is rotten and Copnor Road is getting flooded. If anyone has seen the story about our "new signing" today, take a look at the pitch. It didn't look particularly good then!

As for the match, if it goes ahead, will probably be a draw. I can't see us scoring more than one goal as Barker hasn't brought in a creative player. Dons have lost their last two games so not expecting too much from them either.

lovedeanblue
14-02-2014, 06:41 PM
The rain eased not long after Jim's post but now strong winds are the order of the evening. BBC South Today has just said no inspection is planned. The pitch was waterlogged earlier today but was reported as draining well when the rain ceased. Fingers crossed we don't get much rain overnight. With the winds due to drop in strength from mid morning onwards, I hopefully will be meeting the usual regulars near Mick's around 2.15 p.m :star:

lovedeanblue
14-02-2014, 07:38 PM
For anyone travelling by train (weather permitting of course)...

A replacement bus service will operate between Havant and Portsmouth, which could add up to 50 minutes to travel times.

lovedeanblue
15-02-2014, 05:34 PM
I am absolutely shattered and I was only watching :star:

PompeyScarf
15-02-2014, 06:19 PM
If we draw at Scunny it'd be a good result. Massive relief that we clung on today.

Mangosmate
15-02-2014, 06:22 PM
LOL LDB! I'm the same.

That save from carson was world class. Also the painter headed clearance stopping a certain goal was unbelievable.

Ping pong in our box for the last 10 hasn't done me any favours LOL.

Great win though . Wallace was good today (defensively aswell) but was wasted wide right imho.

Chorley and bradley together was good.

racon was busy and effective but his distribution from our own box was nerve shattering.

jervis didnt impress taylor did. holmes worked hard but i dont like short corners everytime WTF! shorey did well but fogden is also not a winger.

All in all a gritty win, i'll take that and the noise the last ten minutes was like the old days.