PDA

View Full Version : Pointless

sergei
14-02-2014, 02:43 PM
The TV programme. Last night a category was clubs who have been in PL. Grounds were stated - where in the UK?

Fratton Park - Portsmouth - 68% people
St Mary's - 27% people

I rest my case XD XD XD XD

philfridge
14-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Now theres nothing like a bit of exaqgeration is there! Your giving firepower to the scummers!! It was, i'm pretty sure 28% Pompey and 23% Scummers...and it was a repeated programme from 2012. Sorry!

proclaimer
15-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Isn't the point of the show; The lower the score, the better the answer? I rest my case too. >;)

Brockley_Jack
15-02-2014, 10:22 AM
Fail! XD XD

StuDiablo
15-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Forum needs a dislike button or a neg system.

lovedeanblue
15-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Forum needs a dislike button or a neg system. The like button would do for a start :star:

nonsuchmike
20-02-2014, 02:37 PM
The actual scores shown in each category are those recorded from 100 people. Whilst appreciating that the object of the contestants is to pick a question to answer which the fewest people record an answer for, this does not invalidate the claim that when those 100 people were asked, MORE people knew about FP & Pompey than St Fairies & Scumpton.

The other day one of my children actually asked why their ground is called St Mary's, and I had the pleasure of advising him that originally the football club was that of a youth club attached to a local St Mary's church (not the one in the middle of Portsmouth that you can see from the top of the hill), whereas Pompey as a club has connections with the oldest regiment in the British Army.

Am I right in remembering that Stains have only appeared in an FA Cup Final once in all their History? What is their ratio of Championships (Premier, 1st) and Cup final appearances to the number of years they have been in the First tier of english football?

midhurstblue
21-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Now theres nothing like a bit of exaqgeration is there! Your giving firepower to the scummers!! It was, i'm pretty sure 28% Pompey and 23% Scummers...and it was a repeated programme from 2012. Sorry!
Absolute b*ll*cks. I watched that show and the 1st post on this thread is absolutely right. many, many more people knew Pompey's ground than knew scums ground.