PDA

View Full Version : Foolham do a Venkys

test
14-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Sacked their manager tonight and immediately appointed Felix Magath.:D

jordan12rhodes
14-02-2014, 08:52 PM
i don`t blame them. meulenstein was a poor appointment and should never have been given the job, whilst magath is a proven experienced manager(so certainly they HAVENT `done a venkys`)

poltergeist
14-02-2014, 09:55 PM
I do agree jordan,at best now they have a chance to save some face,unlike us.

DanRrr
15-02-2014, 10:32 AM
I have to agree that sacking the manager when you're bottom of the table, (and have been in the bottom 3 for a while) isn't doing a 'Venky's'. It's quite common.

champs95
15-02-2014, 11:26 AM
I have to agree that sacking the manager when you're bottom of the table, (and have been in the bottom 3 for a while) isn't doing a 'Venky's'. It's quite common.

Aren't the Glaziers at ManU not just rich Venky's!?
They appear clueless in their whole time, and employed a bloke not up to the job. Who in turn bought 2 player who will add nothing to that club at all, for nearly £60m. And they are doing it at one of the supposed biggest clubs in the world.
Are the owners of Coventry City not worse than everyone put together?

blackburnturfite
15-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Cant agree Champs,as I understood, Alex Ferguson recommended David Moyes to the Board of Directors,surely we aren't saying Sir Alex is clueless!

test
15-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Dan, my point seems lost to you, They have a new rich owner from afar, he is trigger happy with appointments and sackings, they buy over priced players and don't play them, they go on long losing runs and are a bad team. If that doesn't like a Venky template I don't what does.;D

DanRrr
15-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Everything's getting lost on me at the moment test XD . I was just comparing it to how insane things were when W@nky's came in. I can see the logic of sacking a manager when results are poor, (even when it's knee jerk). But to sack a manager that's doing OK in terms of results, (even if the football was the most dire in universe) and to bypass the best board of directors in the game based on 'advice' from scam artists, did put us in different league in terms of stupidity. That said, Fulham still have time to top us ;D

test
15-02-2014, 01:59 PM
I totally agree that are other idiot owners out there, Coventry seem a basket case as do Leeds but the Fulham guy seems intent on wrecking a solid mid table side as we once were by hiring and firing like a madman, I wonder who is advising him?

DanRrr
15-02-2014, 04:17 PM
I wonder who is advising him?

Interesting question test :O

champs95
15-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Cant agree Champs,as I understood, Alex Ferguson recommended David Moyes to the Board of Directors,surely we aren't saying Sir Alex is clueless!

Of course as a manager, he was fantastic. Nobody can disagree with that.
Of any manager world wide, to take the club forwards in the modern game, I don't think I would agree with that choice.

I shall however ask you this to put it into context, bearing in mind we are talking about the league champions. Do you think that Moyes is looking anything like good enough, or big enough for that job? Taking into consideration where they are in league, the defence of a title, and various cup competitions - the fact they haven't sold any first team regular, but actually added nearly A£60m worth of talent...

Juninho
15-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Fulham will get relegated in the end for this.

Silly owner who has no idea like venkys.

bigmoon
16-02-2014, 07:48 AM
If I remember correctly, weren't we all phucked off with the Venkys because they wouldn't sack a manager?

The manager merry-go-round that came after was the icing on the cake.

They obviously wrote "The Idiots Guide to Running a Football Club"

joinerpat
16-02-2014, 01:24 PM
I wonder who is advising him?

Interesting question test :O[/quote]

A little bit of research leads me to believe that Alistair Mackintosh who is C.E O. at Fulham advised Shahid Khan that Felix Magath was the only manager on the planet that has a chance of saving Fulham with only 12 games to go, as to what connection Magath has with Mackintosh is anybodies guess..cant find anything but will keep looking as this board is about as exciting as shagging Dian Sugden :blue: