PDA

View Full Version : Pitch Inspection Comment on Alex Web page

Alexflyer95
14-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Wasnt impressed about the comment on the web site asking people not to ring the ticket office to check if a match was on or not ?

I have a 30 mile round trip to watch the Alex and didnt want to make a wasted journey a few weeks ago. Petrol is expensive even for season ticket holders !

A few weeks ago when the weather was last bad I tried to ring the main number around 11 am got through to the jungle of options (worse than trying to get the right dept at DVLA !) I choose the general enquiries line and it just rang and rang with no one answering !

I tried numerous times to get an answer and eventually tried the ticket office when it was answered straight away !

Whilst I appreciate they dont want the ticket line blocked if would be great if they would actually answer the phone elsewhere then we would not have to resort to this option.

Have others had similar problems ?

NEVTHEDEV
15-02-2014, 02:40 AM
As I live in Shrewsbury,I always ring,but as you say going through the options takes forever.
Think they ought to have a dedicated line for pitch enquires,its not rocket science is it.
As to people looking on the O/S,not everyone has internet access,and would it be updated in time?.
Drove from Shrewsbury once,had Radio Sjoke on all the way to Crewe,only for it to be mentioned on air as I was pulling into the ground.,that the match was off.

AlexLeicester
15-02-2014, 09:11 AM
My memories of driving the 75+ miles, parking up, and then finding the game is off (Carlisle, Wigan and others) are still raw.
My solution is now to rely on the technological and social media skills of an expert in the passenger seat ... thank you Fevver-tox. :-D

bonehead
15-02-2014, 10:06 AM
ok as its the modern age now this wouldnt help everyone

but what if there was a text / twitter / facebook

service - where if game was off you would get a message - club could even make money on texts

just a thought

DGFG
15-02-2014, 10:43 AM
they do that on Twitter already.

If you follow their official Twitter feed - you will get the messages, probably the quickest source of information for this sort of thing (though I'm not a great fan of Twitter generally).

One small gripe would be that they have n't updated it this morning - a confirmation or even reiteration of what they tweeted yesterday afternoon would n't go amiss.

Does sound like they forget that some home fans have long journeys too.

Bankole
15-02-2014, 11:09 AM
We are coming from Bolton - its awful here - is it any better in Crewe? Really hope the game is on - looking forward to seeing CD again too :)...unless he scores!

Alexmaverick
15-02-2014, 11:35 AM
We are coming from Bolton - its awful here - is it any better in Crewe? Really hope the game is on - looking forward to seeing CD again too :)..
.unless he scores!
Shouldn't be any danger of a postponement now.Would take an extreme change in the weather brtween now and three for this game not to go ahead.
Up The Alex!

fevver_tox
15-02-2014, 11:59 AM
My memories of driving the 75+ miles, parking up, and then finding the game is off (Carlisle, Wigan and others) are still raw.
My solution is now to rely on the technological and social media skills of an expert in the passenger seat ... thank you Fevver-tox. :-D

Pushing it a bit with the word "expert" XD

alexmick
15-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Reading the Sentinel last evening, it stated that there was no planned pitch inspection for today, due to the fact that drainage was no real issue, especially considering the fact that the pitch is sand-based. The club would just keep an eye on the weather situation. Shrewsbury's game against the Vale got the green light, following an 8.30 am pitch inspection. The kick-off was brought forward to 1 pm due to possible crowd trouble.