PDA

View Full Version : Good luck to the ground staff

jwok
15-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Plenty of the wet stuff overnight so if they get the game on they'll be due a wee bonus.

skippy91
15-02-2014, 09:52 AM
Hope so. I've just packed away the paint brushes!!! :blue:

steviex
15-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Plenty of the wet stuff overnight so if they get the game on they'll be due a wee bonus.

A Bonus or an insanity certificate... who in their right mind wants to sit freezing their balls off watching a game against Partick Thistle on a pitch that will end up like a sh1te heap...

apart from us mental cases that is...

today just optimises everything that's wrong with football in Scotland. The games broke and they think that kinda product should tempt folk out of warm pubs , homes , cinemas or shopping centres...

jwok
15-02-2014, 11:32 AM
Fingers crossed!

Wellup4it
15-02-2014, 11:50 AM
[quote="steviex" date="10:36 on 15 Feb
A Bonus or an insanity certificate... who in their right mind wants to sit freezing their balls off watching a game against Partick Thistle on a pitch that will end up like a sh1te heap...

[/quote]

Discussing this very point during the week with office colleagues. With our climate the only way ahead is indoor stadia with perhaps 5G or 6G pitches. Artificial pitches are not there yet but they're getting there slowly.

steviex
15-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Discussing this very point during the week with office colleagues. With our climate the only way ahead is indoor stadia with perhaps 5G or 6G pitches. Artificial pitches are not there yet but they're getting there slowly.

Summer football would be a whole lot cheaper and easier... and yeah I know it rains in summer but I've yet to ever experience temperatures of 7 or 8 degress or lower in spring / summer. If we cant get away from Fir Park and summer football aint ever going to be considered we should lay a 5 / 6g pitch as you suggest.

wellin
15-02-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm not a big fan of artificial pitches, but as said they are getting there. From a money point of view they're a no brainer. We spend a fortune on our pitch every year, the money we could save by having a plastic pitch would probably wipe out our debt.

Wellup4it
15-02-2014, 07:38 PM
To the ground staff and volunteers - well done folks!!

Handsome_Devil
15-02-2014, 10:10 PM

today just optimises everything that's wrong with football in Scotland. The games broke and they think that kinda product should tempt folk out of warm pubs , homes , cinemas or shopping centres...[/quote]

The joy of posting a clear opinion early...if only we had less seven goal thrillers.

Though in all seriousness, I'm actually pro summer footie,whatever form that may take.

steviex
16-02-2014, 08:51 AM

today just optimises everything that's wrong with football in Scotland. The games broke and they think that kinda product should tempt folk out of warm pubs , homes , cinemas or shopping centres...[/quote]

The joy of posting a clear opinion early...if only we had less seven goal thrillers.

Though in all seriousness, I'm actually pro summer footie,whatever form that may take.[/quote]

Sadly as part of selling tickets to non die hards 20/20 hindsight isn't
available.