PDA

View Full Version : Crawley

griff
15-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Crawley tweeted an appeal three hours ago for people to get down with forks to get the standing water away. There's "another" pitch inspection at 12 as there are still dodgy areas. They seem to have appealed for more help too. No more than 50/50 I'd say.

griff
15-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Game off. Player safety.

ebneblue
15-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Is that a definite... Guess it will be rescheduled for a midweek sometime.. Crawley are now about 5/6 games behind, hopefully the fixture congestion will take its toll on their squad!

Piglet_Phoenix
15-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Inexcusable really.

If Crawley aren't capable of fulfilling their fixtures they should be handed a mandatory 0-3 defeat for each game.

Markovitch
15-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Think Kavanagh would take a draw Tim

griff
15-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Their twitter is now saying that they'll be discussing compensation for travelling fans on Monday.

Piglet_Phoenix
15-02-2014, 02:08 PM
It's a total disgrace, irrespective of the supporters.

Clearly, they haven't done everything in their power to ensure this game went ahead. It's a deliberate ploy on their behalf to gain an advantage.

If you look at the two midweek dates this game will conceivably be now...

We either sandwich it in after a tough looking trip to Preston and a difficult home game against Walsall, or face a long midweek trip to Sus*** before the final game of the season against Wolves.

Either way, in the relegation mix up this postponement is likely to cost us points.

sandpit
15-02-2014, 03:26 PM
So95% was playable,firm according to their site,but the critical area of the penalty area was deemed too soft.Years ago it would have went ahead he said.But with new directives these days on players safety it was called off or words to that effect.

So it was nothing to do with the subsiding gales in that area or the ground structure.

May aswell have put the hosepipes on the firm area and made it all equal then.The games gone soft.:P

armo
16-02-2014, 07:10 PM
The game was never going to be on.

I drove down on the Friday (and bumped into the squad at Warwick services, so know how **** a journey they had).

The Friday night, it was pretty wild but there was no rain in Crawley *at all* Saturday.

I'm pretty sure Crawley will of known it was going to be off but were desperate to try and get the game on (they've had no income for something like 6 weeks and there congestion is looking really tough now).

They took an outside gamble knowing that the only one's that'd have to pay are the Carlisle fans and club.

Won't hold my breath re compensation

sandpit
17-02-2014, 01:48 PM
So the game was off,but was deemed playable on Friday by all accounts.

According to the ref on their official site,he was quoted as saying 95% of the pitch was firm.

So when the covers were removed,how come the penalty area was as bad as it was when it was playable and i assume covered on Friday with the rest of the pitch.

Perhaps it was bad before the covers went on to start with,yet it passed on Friday.

Maybe with the heavy rain,somehow it got under the cover at that end from the surrounding area.So 95% firm,5% too soft,seems odd but these things happen and under the conditions they found probably tried their best.

dcblue
18-02-2014, 10:18 AM
there was no way the weather on Saturday was responsible for the game being off as Arno says the weather was fine... I was there... in fact if Tooting and Mitcham and just about every other game goes ahead the Football League have to ask Crawley how come your pitch is so bad that your games keep getting called off and at minimum embargo players (how many did they sign during the transfer window) coming in until they get the pitch up to some minimum requirements. It was the same last year called off with a light dusting off snow when again all the other games in the area went ahead...

zenon
01-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Crawley have now decided they no longer need a head groundsman... - view external link (http://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/sport/crawley-town-fc/crawley-town-head-groundsman-made-redundant-1-5904416)