PDA

View Full Version : Wolves v, Notts County Game Thread

TundraWolf
15-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Imagine after a two week lay-off from football I assume that many regular posters will be at the game so it could be a quiet affair here. Still, Woody, Prem, Michigan, Robus and a few others, I imagine, will make a strong representation. UTW!

From the BBC pre-match report:

Notts County are still without centre-half Dean Leacock, who is struggling with a calf and thigh injury. But the Magpies will have striker Ronan Murray available after suspension.

Wolfiebill
15-02-2014, 02:19 PM
@EandS_Sport

Wolves team v Notts County: Ikeme, Ricketts, Batth, Stearman, Golbourne, McDonald, Price, Jacobs, Henry, Sako, Dicko.

James Henry replaces Leon Clarke, who has a heel injury. Ikeme back in goal in place for McCarey.

Wolves subs v Notts County: McCarey, Doherty, Elokobi, Ebanks-Landell, Evans, Keita, McAlinden. #wwfc

WOODLANDSWOLF
15-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Well done Tundra. I'm a bit slow off the mark this morning. In a bit of a Chardonnay fug.
COYW lets have those three points!!!

WOODLANDSWOLF
15-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Well done Tundra. I'm a bit slow off the mark this morning. In a bit of a Chardonnay fug.

Can't even follow this on the E&S site at the moment. After 6mins it is still stuck on "game underway".:( :-(

GrizzledWolf
15-02-2014, 03:22 PM
Wolves 1-0...Jacobs Yeeeeeeeeesss.

WOODLANDSWOLF
15-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Wolves 1-0...Jacobs Yeeeeeeeeesss.

Lets hope we can put four or five in today just for once.

Come On Mi Babbies!!!

Woking88
15-02-2014, 03:25 PM

Can't even follow this on the E&S site at the moment. After 6mins it is still stuck on "game underway".:( :-([/quote]

Try the Wolves blog on the official Wolves site. It is usually running slightly behind the action, but it keeps you informed. The BBC site is not a bad alternative.

GrizzledWolf
15-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Fancy meeting you here, Woody. I too am following E & S. again. What else is there ?
Talk about a couple of desperates:D

PremierWolf
Just got in to the news we are one up :D

C'mon boys let's see it home from here.

Woking88
Cassidy has scored for Tranmere!

WOODLANDSWOLF
15-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Fancy meeting you here, Woody. I too am following E & S. again. What else is there ?

Grim innit mate! XD X-D

TundraWolf
15-02-2014, 03:34 PM

BBC site for me.

Morning, Woody! - view external link (http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26094660)

homesick_cumbrian
15-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Carlisle fan in peace. Our game is postponed. thought I'd join your match thread and hopefully see you thump Gregg Abbott's team XD

WOODLANDSWOLF
15-02-2014, 03:37 PM

BBC site for me.

Morning, Woody![/quote]

Morning Tundra. Thanks for the link, much better than the E&S.:)

TundraWolf
15-02-2014, 03:38 PM
After 32 minutes, shots on goal Wolves 6, Notts nought!

GrizzledWolf
15-02-2014, 03:39 PM
Seems like we are well on top at this stage, lwt's hope it stays that way COYW

WOODLANDSWOLF
15-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Orient just scored at Preston.:( :-(

Woking88
15-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Orient just scored at Preston.:( :-(

...and Rotherham 1 up against Stevenage.

PremierWolf
15-02-2014, 03:50 PM
We need that second goal as soon as possible.

GrizzledWolf
15-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Wolves 1-0 at half time. According to E & S' we dominated in the first half. Love a bit
of domination...;D ;D

Woking88
15-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Preston have had more possession and have had 10 shots, 4 on target. Orient have had 3 shots, 2 on target. Hopefully Preston can at least equalise in the second half!

WOODLANDSWOLF
15-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Carlisle fan in peace. Our game is postponed. thought I'd join your match thread and hopefully see you thump Gregg Abbott's team XD

Jump in mate, the more the merrier.;D

homesick_cumbrian
15-02-2014, 04:13 PM
See Brentford have gone 2 up. Is that bad for you guys?

GrizzledWolf
15-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Since the second half started Dicko has missed to v.good chances. I do hope it's not going to be a day of lost opportunities...again.

essexwolf
15-02-2014, 04:18 PM
2-0 Jacobs again

GrizzledWolf

Very much so I'm afraid, mate.:/

homesick_cumbrian
2 nil :)

Woking88
15-02-2014, 04:19 PM

As long as we win it is no real problem. What happens next week when Wolves play at Brentford is what matters!

Woking88
15-02-2014, 04:20 PM
2-0 Jacobs again

That's the way to do it!!! :D :D :D

WOODLANDSWOLF
15-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Hat trick on the way?

Woking88
15-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Brentford 3-0 up.

homesick_cumbrian
15-02-2014, 04:26 PM
But Preston equalised

GrizzledWolf
15-02-2014, 04:27 PM

As long as we win it is no real problem. What happens next week when Wolves play at Brentford is what matters![/quote]

Wokes, any points Brentford get are bad for us as far as I'm concerned, but as you say we shall find out soon enough who's the 'King of the Castle'.

essexwolf
15-02-2014, 04:29 PM
But Preston equalised

Great goal for us that :D

GrizzledWolf
15-02-2014, 04:33 PM
16 shots and only two goals...not a great return for our efforts, we need to be doing
a lot better than that. :(

Woking88
15-02-2014, 04:38 PM
But Preston equalised

Great goal for us that :D[/quote]

A win for Preston would be fitting for the passing of Sir Tom Finney and it would give us some breathing space!

Woking88
15-02-2014, 04:48 PM
Attendance 18,019 for those that are interested.

Woking88
15-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Stevenage equalise at Rotherham!

essexwolf
15-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Stevenage equalise at Rotherham!

Didn't last long

homesick_cumbrian
15-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Wolves second in the live tables

essexwolf
15-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Final whistle gone, 2-0 another win.

Just keep them coming :D

Woking88
15-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Good to see we are 3 points ahead of third place with a game in hand! :)

homesick_cumbrian
15-02-2014, 05:02 PM
good result. Best of the luck for the rest of the season. If you've already won promotion before the last game, do you think you could roll over for us on the last day of the season XD XD We might be needing the points to stay up!

Woking88
15-02-2014, 05:07 PM
good result. Best of the luck for the rest of the season. If you've already won promotion before the last game, do you think you could roll over for us on the last day of the season XD XD We might be needing the points to stay up!

Hopefully you will be OK. Good luck for the rest of the season. Come and visit us again, we have several regular visitors from other clubs! :)

homesick_cumbrian
15-02-2014, 05:08 PM
cheers. I will

Robus
15-02-2014, 06:21 PM
A good day. Preston have done their part (thanks Thor! ;) ). We're back in the driver's seat. No wrong turns, please.

abbobrom
15-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Just back from the game so I thought I would pass on my thoughts. It was a very easy win and I have to give the man of the match champers to their keeper.

Make no mistake without him it could easily have been five or six. We really are playing some good stuff at the moment, which after the hoof ball of recent seasons is great to see. Poor Dicho, he couldn't buy a goal today, but he stung their keepers hands on several occasions.

Jacobs is proving to be a great purchase, or should I say steal at AŁ250,000,he took both his goals really well and linked up with Henry and McDonald well.

I do like Jack Price, an old head on very young shoulders, he keeps it simple, move into the space, take the pass, give it and move. He leaves running with the ball to others like Sako. In the last two games Sako seems to have been given a licence to roam and you feel excited as soon as he gets the ball,long may it continue.

Once again the defense looked solid with Stearman and Batth outstanding, while

ADP22
15-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Not so sure about great keeping for Notts! Even after saying prayers on his goal line before each half!

Plenty chances Wolves, esp 2nd half, many on a plate & wasted, poor finishing!

Sako excellent game and would be my Wolves man of the match all for on his 150th appearance for the club, Richard Stearman, who even had the audacity to try curl one in the far corner from the angle!

Great game Stears, my Wolves man of the match!

On the defence, when Notts went for it, last third 2nd half, kitchen sink and all that! We stood firm at the back, impressive!

Wolves go marching on!

wolves71
15-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Enjoyable game, three points in the bag and a good all round team performance. 2-0 probably flattered Notts.County because Wolves could really have added a few more, not that i'm complaining at all.

The football on show has a good flowing pace to it and Wolves look good going forward and solid at the back. There is a good outlet in Dicko up front, he has pace, quick turn and creates something out of nothing for himself. On another day Dicko could easily have bagged at least three goals. One curling effort made by himself, another where bundled a shot and in second half where he put it wide after the ball in from Sako.

In attack, both Golbourne and Ricketts venture forward and also Richard Stearman enjoyed a couple of good runs foward, linking well with the midfield. He was also not afraid to try his luck with a curling effort in the second half.

The opening goal, headed in by Jacobs from Golbourne's perfect cross in. It looked borderline from the south bank whether the ball was in p

JonDeWolf
15-02-2014, 08:39 PM
It's been a while since I could honestly say I was proud of my team but I'm back there- yes it's 'only' League 1 but from front to back I see players doing their best for the shirt. I'm really not sure just how far KJ can take us but I can't fault what he's done so far or the new faces he's brought in (tho I'm still reserving judgment on Clarke).

Good to see Ikeme back even if he had a relatively quiet return. The back four is looking solid and as much as I like Doherty, the balance is much better with Captain Sam at right back.

The midfield is probably the area I'm most pleased about- Price and McDonald are growing with each game (Price probably edged it today)while the attacking triumvirate of Jacobs, Henry and Sako would be a match for sides better than we're currently facing. Sako probably edged my MOM today

IF I had to be critical it's that we should be scoring more goals- like Tranmere earlier in the season, today's 2-0 win should really have been 4 or 5 and I really hope it d

Bromsgrove_wolf
15-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Good performance today , everyone played well , if I had to single out I would say Jacobs Stearman and Sako.

Very impressed with their no7 Grealish .

abbobrom
15-02-2014, 09:46 PM
It's strange how people see things differently. One of the Notts supporters in a post tonight stated that "He was glad that Clarke didn't play today because Sako was pants".

Well I watched a game at Molineux, don't know what game he watched!

GrizzledWolf
15-02-2014, 10:53 PM
Many thanks to all the lads for their post-match comments.

How nice to learn of another very good performance from Stearman, a far cry from recent seasons when he was sometimes the object of scorn (some of it deserved). Keep it going, Richard. In a much improved defence you're putting long overdue pride back into the wearing of old gold and black.

Thanks also to, Tundra, for the BBC link earlier in the day, so much better than E & S. Woody and I are not normally used to such a wealth of information ;D As a sleep-deprived Antipodean who sits up most of the night just to get his Wolves'fix', it made the experience far more enjoyable. :)

TundraWolf
16-02-2014, 02:07 AM
Thanks also to, Tundra, for the BBC link earlier in the day, so much better than E & S. Woody and I are not normally used to such a wealth of information ;D

You are very welcome, my Antipodean comrade! I prefer the BBC as I can keep up to date as well with all the scores going on at the same time.

greystone16
16-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Sako MOTM for me as he worked his socks off and whilst shooting from almost anywhere he did far more passing to collegues than normal!
Some over elaboration tip tap passing cost us the ball at times but nice to see the confidence to play that way,may have to watch it with better teams.Just need to be a bit more ruthless.

wolves71
16-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Yesterday's highlights in link below... - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZrgJcTbwI)

WOODLANDSWOLF
16-02-2014, 03:13 PM
Yesterday's highlights in link below...

Cheers for this mate and thanks to everyone for the match reports, comments etc.