PDA

View Full Version : Fir Park for thrills! 'Well win 4-3

jwok
15-02-2014, 05:59 PM
No complaints about the team's willingness to fight for a win. It was a cracking game. Well done! - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/fir_park_for_thrills__well_win_43_824807/index.shtml)

mix106
15-02-2014, 06:20 PM
No complaints about the team's willingness to fight for a win. It was a cracking game. Well done!

The team deserve bucket loads of credit for going right to the end but deserve bucket loads of questions over some real p1ss poor defending and some extremely casual effort while in possession.

However the biggest criticism must go to the Thistle manager , he handed the game to us by being feart to go for our throats. Higginbotham was tearing us a new @rsehole and he bottled it by subbing him and trying to hold onto a 3-2 victory. There was just no one else in the Thistle team with Higginbothams pace and vision and as a result we took the game.

For a game that wasn't really interesting me before kick off Higginbothams antics just injected the spice it needed.

Wellup4it
15-02-2014, 07:47 PM
No complaints about the team's willingness to fight for a win. It was a cracking game. Well done!

The team deserve bucket loads of credit for going right to the end but deserve bucket loads of questions over some real p1ss poor defending and some extremely casual effort while in possession.

However the biggest criticism must go to the Thistle manager , he handed the game to us by being feart to go for our throats. Higginbotham was tearing us a new @rsehole and he bottled it by subbing him and trying to hold onto a 3-2 victory. There was just no one else in the Thistle team with Higginbothams pace and vision and as a result we took the game.

For a game that wasn't really interesting me before kick off Higginbothams antics just injected the spice it needed.[/quote]

Excellent summing up. A scrappy first half but an excellent second one. Overall the team showed loads of character and dete

skippy91
15-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Higginbotham's winding up the East Stand added a wee bit spice but I bet u he feel a bit of a **** at full time. He who laughs last as they say... :D Saying that I though we should have held on to him last year, but the arrival of Faddie put paid to his Well career. Great result I though once we when 2-1 up we would have went on to win comfortably.. credit to Thistle 2nd half.

dazlhigh
15-02-2014, 08:37 PM
'Sometimes you have to figure out a way to win'
Agassi the tennis player said. We did that today and it says a lot for the team. SM had even fewer players than usual to pick from; it showed, but they got the job done.