PDA

View Full Version : Express Negative Phone Ins

berniefan
15-02-2014, 06:26 PM
On my way back to the midlands for the first hour l listen to Express radio. Too often they allow negative armchair callers to drone on about the past and what's wrong with Pompey.
Today we had Harry who was given so much time he repeated his point 3 times. Harry's point... Pompey have been a relegation team for the past 5 years and we're lucky 2 win today. Thank you for that Harry.
Express... More positive callers please.oiii

pompeygun
15-02-2014, 11:25 PM
So you want to censor the callers??
:O

berniefan
16-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Not at all. My point is one of balance. When a caller has made their point the presenters need to move on, not allow anyone to carry on and on and on...Positive or negative.

Jim
16-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Are these negative callers just being sensibly critical of the performance yesterday? A fair few fans seem to be getting a little carried away with that win despite the fact the performance was worse than the Exeter one last week, yet fans were raging after they equalised in the last minute, something that could easily have happened again yesterday.

I would say if we play like that next week at S****horpe then we'll get beaten but this league is so poor and generally our defending has been good, so who knows?

PompeyGlenn
17-02-2014, 08:25 AM
It's mostly the same callers talking sh!te and about 75% of them weren't even at the gamr FFS.
The phone ins are an embarrasment because they're not managed properly by the interviewer.

lovedeanblue
17-02-2014, 09:19 AM
The last few minutes saw frantic defending by us the likes of which I can't remember at FP for a long time. If they had equalised, it would have been no surprise after all. But they didn't, we took the 3 points we desperately needed. Now we have to keep winning at home, starting a week tomorrow with the rearranged game against Accrington.

geoffp
17-02-2014, 09:33 AM
It's mostly the same callers talking sh!te and about 75% of them weren't even at the gamr FFS.
The phone ins are an embarrasment because they're not managed properly by the interviewer.

We occasionally listen on our way back to the Midlands, and I thought it was a requirement for the callers NOT to have been at the game. ;D

pompeygun
17-02-2014, 04:11 PM
I hope Bill from fareham's ok, he wasn't on as far as I could tell. Worrying. :D

Corkhead
17-02-2014, 04:14 PM
I haven't tracked that station down but I will give it a go. Going back up the A34 the radio is a nightmare with signals being lost, especially around the nether world that is Newbury.

midhurstblue
17-02-2014, 04:21 PM
After every match, on the way home there appear to be 2 or 3 regular callers, who ramble on and on,and a lot of the people who didnt watch the match often seem to have been listening to a different match to the one I have just watched.

berniefan
17-02-2014, 04:25 PM
TPompeygun, that gave me a chuckle...don't get me started about Bill from Fareham!!! , Bill wasn't on because Harry used up all the time rambling on about Pompey being a relegation team for the past 5 years.

I wonder if Bill and Harry realise how infamous they are?

Normally lose coverage of Express at Winchester

Corkhead
17-02-2014, 04:27 PM
At least the pain is not for long then Bernie.

lovedeanblue
17-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Too busy me adjudicating who has won the "how many will be there competition" to listen to this obvious drivel ;D Fair play to Steve he made that an easy task on Saturday :star:

lovedeanblue
24-02-2014, 07:21 AM
Were Bill and Harry on Saturday ? :O