PDA

View Full Version : Millwall Ian Holloway hit out at Bolton after their 1-1 draw

campo21
15-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Millwall boss Ian Holloway claimed he was bored by Bolton's style of play after the struggling Sky Bet Championship pair drew 1-1 at the Den.

Bolton took a first-half lead through Lukas Jutkiewicz but the striker saw a late penalty saved by Lions stopper David Forde.

That proved costly when Martyn Woolford equalised with eight minutes left but Holloway, whose side have won just one of their last 13 games in all competitions, was left frustrated by the Trotters' lack of ambition.

"I'm deadly serious when I say you would be bored senseless watching that kind of performance from them (Bolton)," he said.

"If that's how you set out to play when people pay a lot of money to watch I'd be bored senseless.

"The penalty save gave us the lift we needed. We got a couple of things wrong today when we overplayed a bit but the fans were brilliant and didn't get on our backs.

"They had one cross, one diving header and it went in off the post. And then they got a penalty.

"But it was a massive s

campo21
15-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Holloway got it spot on i am bored senseless.

danm1992
15-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Holloway's right. Dougie constantly sets out to nick one nil wins and goalless draws. If it works then fine, but it doesn't and he won't even try something different that might at least give the fans something to be excited about.

He's fixated on making this one style of play work and he's putting that before actually getting us points on the board and giving the paying fans something to cheer about.

itsintheblood
15-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Listened to it on the radio.

Sounded like we got lucky, by going into the lead.

Didn't you just know it, come the second half they would get on top and equalise, deservedly so, even though we missed a pen.

Boring, we must be the most boring ****ing team, since the word boring was invented.

klassnic
16-02-2014, 03:21 AM
Dan

simple answer for your post

don't pay don't go and don't cheer

listen to the radio and laugh and wait for an empty stadium and wait for eddie to sack gartside on an empty stadium

if the fans want a change make a stand for the sake of the club not the corporates who pretend to run it.

dunc_bwfc
16-02-2014, 02:09 PM
F uckin bang on the money there ollie, wish he'd have slammed our joke of a club further in his post match statement

eric1953
16-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Absolutely brilliant Ollie , when I read this last night I was delighted that someone from outside our club had brought it to light. In fact I had to wait until today to recheck it, I thought the gallon of lager was playing games with my memory.

For an outsider to bring it up shows to other supporters who thought we considered ourselves to be bigger than we actually are, that we actually were on the right lines.

EVERYTHING about the team STINKS. I am bored out of my mind every match, we sometimes go in front and immediately check our watches to see how long the lead will last.

I am seriously considering giving my season ticket up at the end of the season. Not because we have been relegated, but because I want to be entertained a little. I am fed up of the ritual of just going to the match, moaning on the bus going and then arguing on the bus coming home.

RIP BWFC.

Until massive changes are made.

campo21
16-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Absolutely brilliant Ollie , when I read this last night I was delighted that someone from outside our club had brought it to light. In fact I had to wait until today to recheck it, I thought the gallon of lager was playing games with my memory.

For an outsider to bring it up shows to other supporters who thought we considered ourselves to be bigger than we actually are, that we actually were on the right lines.

EVERYTHING about the team STINKS. I am bored out of my mind every match, we sometimes go in front and immediately check our watches to see how long the lead will last.

I am seriously considering giving my season ticket up at the end of the season. Not because we have been relegated, but because I want to be entertained a little. I am fed up of the ritual of just going to the match, moaning on the bus going and then arguing on the bus coming home.

RIP BWFC.

Until massive changes are made.

Well said eric i think you

gallopingchip
16-02-2014, 05:37 PM
It's a sad state of affairs when die hard fans like Eric and myself are seriously contemplating packing it all in. My daughter starts Uni in September so she won't be going anyway. Everything about the club is wrong just plain wrong. A manager cutting his teeth in football management and making a ham fisted job of it. A chairman who pulls a significant wage but has repeatedly cocked up with his decision making, particularly choosing Managers and an owner who seems to have been struck down with a massive dose of inertia. Eddie Davis is the one person who can change all this and start by shipping out Gartside but perhaps until the crowds start to dwindle only then will he wake up and take action. Alas it could be too late by then. Sad days indeed.

campo21
16-02-2014, 06:18 PM
It's a sad state of affairs when die hard fans like Eric and myself are seriously contemplating packing it all in. My daughter starts Uni in September so she won't be going anyway. Everything about the club is wrong just plain wrong. A manager cutting his teeth in football management and making a ham fisted job of it. A chairman who pulls a significant wage but has repeatedly cocked up with his decision making, particularly choosing Managers and an owner who seems to have been struck down with a massive dose of inertia. Eddie Davis is the one person who can change all this and start by shipping out Gartside but perhaps until the crowds start to dwindle only then will he wake up and take action. Alas it could be too late by then. Sad days indeed.

It is sad but we've had this coming fella i have said it before this has been planned by our board and owner.

JimmyJazz64
16-02-2014, 07:29 PM
My daughter starts Uni in September so she won't be going anyway.

Happened to me end of last season. One daughter off to uni, one to Sri Lanka, and a mate that couldn't be @rsed travelling up from Southampton any more for games, so gave up my ticket. Still go to a few home and away games but glad I've now got a choice!!!

As for Holloway, and I might be on my own here, but he can **** right off. If Millwall can't beat a sh1tehouse team like ours then he needs to look at his own abilities at setting up and motivating his own team. Everyone else seems able to beat us so it tells me a lot about him!!

Whatsmore
16-02-2014, 07:37 PM
as dave on royal family says nice one james.hope bwfcforever up early tomorrow because mrs W just frigged off to bed not feeling well and im half sizzled and stewing in a bwfc foul tasting broth.oh forgot to mention why bwfcforever needs get up early so he can wipe out my sunday posts as he usualy does.i might aswel get a quick sneaky one in by asking has anyone been in town sunday afternoon noon and seen the one god poster set up on a table where muslim gentlemen are preaching and giving away leaflets,why I myself took one and the wind being what it is at the moment it disintegrated in my hand and blew away.just saying has anyone seen it that's all:blue: :blue: :blue: :blue:

Whatsmore
16-02-2014, 07:58 PM
sod it I might go bed myself im feeling a bit iffy about bwfc,the once great Britain,work boring sh1t,neighbours whos idea of a work ethic is walking from bus station to sighn on,do gooding simpleton freaks who will allow anything so nobody gets upset well I would like to call peadophiles sub human scum that I would like them to die of the most painfull cancer known to man,but oh,oh, human rights,oh oh sorry peados I hope your feelings aren't hurt you lovely cutns>: >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

campo21
16-02-2014, 08:56 PM
You sound battered whatsmore.

klassnic
18-02-2014, 04:13 AM
Eric and gallopingchip

I hear unity in you posts and in the long run this will save the institute of Bolton wanderers

by staying away the 2 of you and multiplying that into a pyramid of fans then thankyou as I have done this alone since megson was there and althou I have saved the money i have kept it to one side to spend on the club again when we can put a good infrastructure in place with a great credible board and chairman and manager with players who really graft.

then i'll spend my thousands again

until then the people there at the moment are like an illness which one way or the other if they are forced out then the club can build on and put a good and modern foundation again,

instead of the attitude of we are bolton wanderers and we do things the way we like.

well news for you gartside the world of football has changed.

and so will one day will you.