PDA

View Full Version : Richard Stearman

wolves71
15-02-2014, 08:41 PM
He could easily have asked to move in the summer, but coming back from his loan move at Ipswich, he has got on with it and even had spells out the side.

Stearman is a player at Wolves who often divides opinion. Like a few players in the past, he's been used and seen as a scapegoat. The way wolves are trying to play encourages him to get forward and he's often comfortable on the ball, There is the odd mistake in him, but as pointed out by 1_ron_saunders in a previous match day thread, so does Danny Batth. They are part of a Wolves back line that don't concede many goals and long may it continue.

abbobrom
15-02-2014, 10:00 PM
When we were in the Premier, I along with Harry D mounted a defense of Richard Stearman. At the time many so called Wolves fans were blaming him for all our woes.

We both pointed out that at the time he was only about 23 and was doing well against some of the best strikers in the Prem. Bearing in mind that most of the centre backs at the time were in their late twenties early thirties. Yes he made some mistakes but he never let his head drop.

He is a Wolverhampton lad and it is good to see him playing so well. Batth and Stearman must be the best centre pairing in the league.

Evewolf65
15-02-2014, 10:17 PM
When we were in the Premier, I along with Harry D mounted a defense of Richard Stearman. At the time many so called Wolves fans were blaming him for all our woes.

We both pointed out that at the time he was only about 23 and was doing well against some of the best strikers in the Prem. Bearing in mind that most of the centre backs at the time were in their late twenties early thirties. Yes he made some mistakes but he never let his head drop.

He is a Wolverhampton lad and it is good to see him playing so well. Batth and Stearman must be the best centre pairing in the league.

Abbo yer timings are all
over the place a bit like your hero Stearman!
Oh and bu66er me if we don't agree with Abbo and his mates we are 'so called Wolves fans'
Yeah right!!!

ADP22
16-02-2014, 08:22 AM
His contribution to the second goal shows what he can do, in fact he made it with his timely interception, surging forward run and lovely rolled pass into Jacobs!

Unfortunately, he is a scapegoat! There's a guy near me in the South Bank who rubbishes Stearman at every opportunity but in most games its he who ends up looking or sounding like a nob!

He does have a mistake in him, as does every player which was in evidence yesterday, but Stearmans game yesterday was a complete, solid performance!

abbobrom
16-02-2014, 12:02 PM

Abbo yer timings are all
Oh and bu66er me if we don't agree with Abbo and his mates we are 'so called Wolves fans'
Yeah right!!![/quote]

Eve, if the cap fits wear it, although in your case I don't consider it to be true because I know you are a fan.

ADP post sh

greystone16
16-02-2014, 12:36 PM
He's come on leaps and bounds and looks a totally different player from a year or so ago,maybe having a useful left back at his side has helped.

theplater
16-02-2014, 12:50 PM
I am one of those that has been critical of him in the past, and I'm still unsure as to what level he can constantly perform competently, but I have to admit he's been solid so far this season, in fact I think he is still ahead of Baath in terms of ability. Baath is still a 'prospect'. He is good, although I'm not sure he's as good as some would like you to believe, but advancing with the ball and distribution are no way at the level he will need to be a really good top class centre back and he's certainly not as good as Lescott was at the same stage of his career. Stearman is still the better player in that department imo.

wolves71
16-02-2014, 01:35 PM
My opening post was in praise of the player and his performances this season. I do understand why posters go back to the criticism he has received, but now is where it's at. Wolves could be 3-0 up in games, but in and around you at the game there is always a fault picker. I try and save mine for on here.

Evewolf65
16-02-2014, 02:28 PM

Abbo yer timings are all
Yeah right!!![/quote]

Eve, if the cap fits wear it, although in your case I don't consider it to be tru

Laughing_Wolfie
17-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Wolves defence is the best in this league so well done all the defenders...I love to see clean sheets, it means we cannot lose, must be in my Italian genes.

If Wolves get promoted and the defence remains just as stingy, Wolves could finish in the play-offs next season

greystone16
17-02-2014, 11:41 AM
I go along with Plater re Baath,he shows promise but his distribution needs brushing up,he isn't the full deal yet but every chance he will get there.