PDA

View Full Version : Compliance Officer

Wellup4it
16-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Following the Aberdeen game a mate of mine contacted the SFA Compliance Officer in writing to draw his attention an incident in the game. To date he's not even had so much as an acknowledgement. This mirrors my own experience over 2 years ago. But then again we don't work for BBC.

The system is not transparent, consistent or fair and drastically requires an overhaul.

steviex
16-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Following the Aberdeen game a mate of mine contacted the SFA Compliance Officer in writing to draw his attention an incident in the game. To date he's not even had so much as an acknowledgement. This mirrors my own experience over 2 years ago. But then again we don't work for BBC.

The system is not transparent, consistent or fair and drastically requires an overhaul.

They would be mad to engage fans or take on board their written observations. They would need a staff of 4000 to deal with every fans who felt aggrieved. However that said they should have a standard GTF thank you / acknowledgement letter.

Wellup4it
16-02-2014, 09:56 AM
They would be mad to engage fans or take on board their written observations. They would need a staff of 4000 to deal with every fans who felt aggrieved. However that said they should have a standard GTF thank you / acknowledgement letter.

I quite agree that they should not simply investigate an incident based on a fans' opinion, but they surely have a duty to investigate complaints where facts are provided. In both the examples I quote chronological references to public TV footage were provided.

As it is, the incidents investigated, seem to be based on the comments of TV pundits and commentators. As we all know they are influenced by personal views and bias.

I don't think its too much to ask that some kind of acknowledgement is given - that's only common courtesy.

Its also seems to be a very random and hit or miss process. Weeks go by and nothing is highlighted (despite the fact that incidents have taken place) and th

dazlhigh
16-02-2014, 10:25 AM
I agree with both posters. If written submissions were taken, I think we know whose fans would send in shoals of letters every week - not necessarily about their own team, of course, but frequently about The Other Team In Glasgow, whose match they've gone over with a microscope.
That said, I've sometimes, getting towards 'often', been surprised at some of the editing on highlights programmes. Shaun's tackle in the Aberdeen game was subjected to forensic analysis but, while the 'handball' element of the Dons' equaliser was looked at, there was much less emphasis on the dangerous lunge towards the ball. Anywhere else on the pitch it's a foul and at least a yellow card.
'Cynical' doesn't just apply in defence.
Maybe more of us should write to the media people more often?

Sup3rw3ll
17-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Was it not a fan who instigated the bad language on the touch line investigation ?

Motherwellboy
17-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Yes it was a fan.

To counter claims of trial by Sportscene St Vincent De Loony also stated that he would accept broadcast quality footage or direction to incidents on it, from anywhere. Good luck in finding his contact details

He also claimed he went to Fir Park for his football when he was younger

Aye right ye are Vinnie

capilano_well
19-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Yes it was a fan.

To counter claims of trial by Sportscene St Vincent De Loony also stated that he would accept broadcast quality footage or direction to incidents on it, from anywhere. Good luck in finding his contact details

He also claimed he went to Fir Park for his football when he was younger

Aye right ye are Vinnie

Do you know Vincent? I suspect not. I know him well and I know he went to Fir Park when he lived nearby - fact. And your "St Vincent De Loony" comment is out of order.

Motherwellboy
19-02-2014, 02:19 PM
Whats out of order is the charge he brought against Higdon , his ignoring of Hooper assaulting Jennings, his policy of trial by television his punishing of players for twitter comments after accepting Lennon's "prove it" defence , Lennon dodging a cup final ban for him being in our tunnel while banned , this could be a list that brings down the server.

Very commendable sticking up for your pal/family , are you going to tell me with a straight face that Motherwell are his team ?