PDA

View Full Version : Arsehole spotted in main stand

Alexmaverick
16-02-2014, 09:37 AM
A prat with a Man Ure hat was sat in the main stand yesterday.Did anyone lamp him before he left our ground?

RenegadeDS
17-02-2014, 09:46 AM
No, because he was attending a Crewe game and therefore contributing finances to us.

somersetcrewe
17-02-2014, 09:51 AM
A prat with a Man Ure hat was sat in the main stand yesterday.Did anyone lamp him before he left our ground?

Good to see the "family club" spirit is alive and well at GR!

alexmick
17-02-2014, 11:08 AM
There was a guy sat in front of me wearing a Manchester United hat, alongside a bloke wearing a bright yellow fluorescent jacket. Both these supporters were shouting for the Alex, so I have no qualms about them attending an Alex game. They were well behaved, used no foul language and were perfectly civil towards others around them. Unsure whether this was the same man you were highlighting.

Timon
18-02-2014, 01:25 PM

Stupid boy, Pike

PAULCAFC
18-02-2014, 05:07 PM
Hey Maverick, you should have been around watching the Alex in the late 70s/early 80s as you would have seen swathes of Alex fans wearing UTD, LIVERPOOL, CITY, SPURS, EVERTON, CHELSEA etc scarves, hats, shirts, badges etc, it was the norm then and nobody batted an eyelid!

franz_cafca
18-02-2014, 05:32 PM
That's a stupid post. So are we only allowed to support one club now? I've supported Man Utd all my life - along with voting Labour it was a tribal thing for people from Newton Heath. But for 15 years I have chosen to follow Crewe Alex, which I do whole-heartedly. And I'm sure there are people who support City, Liverpool, Everton or even a London club and still count themselves as Alex fans.

Alexmaverick
18-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Hey Maverick, you should have been around watching the Alex in the late 70s/early 80s as you would have seen swathes of Alex fans wearing UTD, LIVERPOOL, CITY, SPURS, EVERTON, CHELSEA etc scarves, hats, shirts, badges etc, it was the norm then and nobody batted an eyelid!
What makes you think I wasn't around during that period?

Alexmaverick
18-02-2014, 07:08 PM
That's a stupid post. So are we only allowed to support one club now? I've supported Man Utd all my life - along with voting Labour it was a tribal thing for people from Newton Heath. But for 15 years I have chosen to follow Crewe Alex, which I do whole-heartedly. And I'm sure there are people who support City, Liverpool, Everton or even a London club and still count themselves as Alex fans.
Only room for one club in a football supporters life.Any proper football supporter will agree with me on that.A proper fan is 100% loyal to his (or her,for that matter) club,whether they be a top-flight giant or a lower league minnow.
You cannot possibly be a proper Crewe fan and also support those clubs mentioned above.And why would you want to?
It's called gloryhunting and it's pathetic.
However,hats off to you,Franz.If you.re from N.Heath and are following The Alex that's great.Well done.

AlexLeicester
18-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Only room for one club in a football supporters life.Any proper football supporter will agree with me on that.A proper fan is 100% loyal to his (or her,for that matter) club,whether they be a top-flight giant or a lower league minnow.
You cannot possibly be a proper Crewe fan and also support those clubs mentioned above.And why would you want to?
However,hats off to you,Franz.If you.re from N.Heath and are following The Alex that's great.Well done.[/

Alexmaverick
18-02-2014, 09:31 PM
However,hats off to you,Franz.If you.re from N.Heath a

Welsh_Cup_1937
18-02-2014, 09:44 PM

Because you're an obvious troll; therefore one would assume that you're not old enough remember football from the late 70s/early 80s.

Alexmaverick
19-02-2014, 03:21 AM

Because you're an obvious troll; therefore one would assume that you're not old enough remember football from the late 70s/early 80s.[/quote]
Been going The Alex since 1973,fella.And my loyalty's never wavered.Never felt the "need" or "pressure" to also support a "more glamorous" outfit just so I could win playground arguments.
And not sure why I'd be considered a troll.Strange.Starting to worry a little about some of you on here. :s

Stealex
19-02-2014, 05:51 AM
I don't like seeing other clubs on display at Gresty Road, wear an Alex hat instead. However, to suggest that you can't like another club is ridiculous. I like a premiership club but I will only ever be a fan of that club, I am a supporter of CAFC and always will be. Also, before you label me as a "glory supporter", my premiership team have won nothing for 9 years!

NEVTHEDEV
19-02-2014, 06:18 AM
[quote="Stealex", my premiership team have won nothing for 9 years![/quote]
Mus be Sjoke,think they caught a cold :D ;D >:)

Stealex
19-02-2014, 08:13 AM
No Nev, I like football so that rules them out. It's the gooners mate.

Welsh_Cup_1937
19-02-2014, 09:30 AM

Because you're an obvious troll; therefore one would assume that you're not old enough remember football from the late 70s/early 80s.[/quote]
Been going The Alex since 1973,fella.And my loyalty's never wavered.Never felt the "need" or "pressure" to also support a "more glamorous" outfit just so I could win playground arguments.
And not sure why I'd be considered a troll.Strange.Starting to worry a little about some of you on here. :s[/quote]

My apologies then, old chap.

Just as a general point of internet etiquette: trolling is making brief, low-content posts, usually with the intention of provoking a reaction; congratulations on being inadvertently good at it.

As for the issue in hand, I'm rather inclined to agree with you to some extent (minus the unnecessary violen

cesspitt
19-02-2014, 02:59 PM
There was also a Man U player in the Main Stand - Nick Powell

Alexmaverick
19-02-2014, 06:56 PM
I don't like seeing other clubs on display at Gresty Road, wear an Alex hat instead. However, to suggest that you can't like another club is ridiculous. I like a premiership club but I will only ever be a fan of that club, I am a supporter of CAFC and always will be. Also, before you label me as
a "glory supporter", my premiership team have won nothing for 9 years!
Ofcourse you're a "glory supporter".Woolwich are one of the biggest and most glamourous clubs in the country/in Europe,even.And though they ain't actually won owt for a while they've hardly been struggling have they,ffs?!!!
You can admire the stylish passing game The Arse are noted for,no problem with that but you should absolutely NOT be supporting them.It's wrong and it's a cop out.

fevver_tox
19-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Over the years I've seen people with items of clothing showing Bolton,Derby,Ipswich and Notts County to just a few.As others have said they are well behaved,reckon most of them are neutral "Ground Hoppers"
As for supporting one team,I'm saying nowt.

alexmick
19-02-2014, 08:08 PM
[quote="fevver_tox"
As for supporting one team,I'm saying nowt.[/quote]

It was freezing cold last Saturday, so I don't blame anyone wearing a hat, whatever the inscription!!!! ;)

NEVTHEDEV
19-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Good job he was`nt wearing a hat with Arsehole written on it,might have caused a bit of S**T,on this thread. ;D

Alexmaverick
19-02-2014, 09:12 PM
Good job he was`nt wearing a hat with Arsehole written on it,might have caused a bit of S**T,on this thread. ;D
The hat he was wearing very clearly spelt "ARSEHOLE" to me. >:)

Stealex
19-02-2014, 09:57 PM
How is liking another club being a glory supporter? I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years now at Gresty Road, that is a supporter. I like and admire Arsenal and watch them on TV but they are not nor will they ever be the team that I support.

I support my local team, end of story. Perhaps you should think twice before labelling and subsequently insulting people with your narrow minded and judgemental views.

spitfiresi
20-02-2014, 03:01 AM
Anyway maverick if you had such an issue about it , why not go and say something yourself? ASK the question of the person in a normal. polite manner?
Let's face it the answer is the same as why you were asking if someone ELSE lamped them, because your a little sh!!thouse keyboard warrior
I'll be at the next home game, area F row G seats 144- 148 depending on which ticket I get. I'll wear my Everton jacket so you can easily see me. EFC are my first team but Crewe are my second and as a youngster I could only afford to get to Crewe NOT Goodison so have retained an interest in all things Alex.
Come say hello ...

TwiceInABlueMoon
20-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Absolutely hate this sort of thing. If I spot it I will always mention something to any tit who is sporting other teams gear at the home of CAFC!

I've got absolutely no problem with someone supporting another team. That's your choice. But have some respect for other fans will you?!

Walking around sporting any other teams gear at Gresty Road is just ridiculous. Why do you need to prove to everyone that you support another team?! Are you that embarrassed to be at Crewe?! :?

Wear whatever you want outside the ground, at home, wherever. But give it a rest at GR will you!?

Stealex
20-02-2014, 09:40 PM
The only colours that I would wear at Gresty Road are that of CAFC. However, to say that you'd mention it to any tit wearing an item from another club is an act of an immature vigilante. I challenge you to say your piece to spitfire at the next match. You may live to regret it.

What if that is a united fan who, due to financial or location reasons, decides to give Crewe a try. Are you seriously saying that we shouldn't welcome their decision to watch Crewe? I wasn't aware that we were financially able to turn fans away. Lunacy.

TwiceInABlueMoon
20-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Re-read my post.

At what point did I ever say I would turn fans away, or that they weren't allowed at Gresty Road?

And by 'mention it' I obviously mean in a friendly, non-intimidating way, such as 'love you're top mate', or 'on your way to the game'?

It's totally obnoxious and unnecessary to wear someone else's colours at a another football ground. Would you sport your Alex top and then go and sit in the home end at Vale Park on Saturday?

I just can't understand why, out of all the clothes items individuals must own, that they choose tops of other teams on CAFC match days. As I said, it must almost be some sort of effort to disassociate themselves with the Alex. We're that uncool in the locality; clearly. >:(

DGFG
20-02-2014, 10:31 PM
so you're an 8 year old kid who has just fallen in love with football and you support Liverpool but you've never been to a match at Anfield...too far away, too expensive.

But your dad's bought you a Liverpool shirt (7 Suarez) and you think it's the best thing ever, you live and die in it.

...and now your dad's only gone and got tickets for you to see your first professional match at Crewe on Saturday...not quite Liverpool but they're professionals and you're looking forward to it.

'Course you wanna wear your Liverpool shirt because, well, you're going to the football are n't you?

But you get a few funny looks form the locals and you're not sure you want to go again - pity, cos Crewe could've been your team as well
Not a great start is it?

I've no idea why people get worked up about this sort of thing, don't care if the bloke next to me wears a Miami Dolphins shirt with an LA Dodgers baseball cap personally.

AstonAlex
20-02-2014, 11:17 PM
God, this sort of idiocy really winds me up. Unless the aforementioned wearer of the 'offensive' headwear was badmouthing the Alex or making a nuisance of him or herself what harm is being done? It's not as though they are preventing a 'genuine' Alex fan from getting a seat and, with the crowds we get, come one come all and hand over your dosh, I say. As several have said, we need as many converts and new fans as we can get and, if we can show people that they can watch good football without spending a small fortune on seats, travel and prawn sandwiches, then good.

I had 4 or 5 older gentlemen sat behind me for the Sheffield game wearing read and white striped scarves, all speaking in Yorkshire accents - no, I don't know why they weren't in the Pop Side either. However, it was interesting listening to their opinions of the Alex (as well as their own inadequacies) on the day. They were very complimentary about our ability to keep the ball, pass and move and play to the weather con

TwiceInABlueMoon
21-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Come off it DGFG; do you honestly think we're talking about little kids wearing other teams gear here? Don't take the discussion way out of context to try and support an argument.

At the end of the day, a fully grown adult surely has the common sense to understand that, by wearing someone else's clobber in another teams ground they, perhaps, may be insulting some of the other patrons of that ground? Clearly not, some cases.

CreweGym
21-02-2014, 08:25 PM
One has to agree with the 100% CAFC crew(e) here. You support more than 1 team you're a plastic!

truth may hurt for some (as this thread obviously shows) but to quote a bit of modern age run DMC remake, its like that and that's the way it is !

DGFG
21-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Come off it DGFG; do you honestly think we're talking about little kids wearing other teams gear here? Don't take the discussion way out of context to try and support an argument.

At the end of the day, a fully grown adult surely has the common sense to understand that, by wearing someone else's clobber in another teams ground they, perhaps, may be insulting some of the other patrons of that ground? Clearly not, some cases.

Yep, I did take it out of context to illustrate how stupid it is to generalize about the issue.

The original point was about an individual in the main stand at Gresty Road wearing a Man U hat.Your point of comparison was sitting in the home end at Vale Park in your Crewe top on Saturday - and you're accusing me of taking it out of context?

They're hardly comparable instances are they?

If you can't see that, I can't help you.

Stealex
21-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Only support one club but am a fan and admirer of another. Would never personally wear another club's gear at Gresty Road but would equally not be arrogant and pathetic enough to challenge someone that chose to. 20+ years as a season ticket holder proves that I am no plastic so you can shove your insults where your mother wipes you clean!

As my good mate spitfire says, "Come and say hello"