PDA

View Full Version : Everton

SWANSEA_SLAMMER
16-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Not fussed if we win or lose today.

We lose = less games to play so happy :D.

We win = Apart from meeting Man City (apart from the Final), we could make the final so happy :D.

SWANSEA_SLAMMER
16-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Glad thats out of the way, as you can see by our starting line up we were not serious about this game, as soon as i saw Vazquez, Amat etc.

Funny thing is Everton may think they are a good side and won on merit, watch the team we field in March against them.

jackaway
17-02-2014, 11:37 AM
Hugely disappointing line up,with eight changes,meant we had no chance of winning this one from the start. I felt sorry for the travelling fans who'd left at dawn,and spent a lot of their hard earned cash,just to watch the reserves.
We don't handle big players,and,as at Stoke a few days ago with Crouch scoring,it took all of 4 mins for the giant Traore to score.
We managed to get one back and held them up to half time,but it was inevitable that Everton would win. It took two individual errors to undo us though,but by the end we were a well beaten side.
Whether throwing this match will have been worth it,we'll find out soon enough.

SWANSEA_SLAMMER
17-02-2014, 03:02 PM
We had to throw it (ish), with the next 3 games and the last 2 gone, we play 5 times in 15 days, with only Liverpool left being a prem fixture.

Anyway we will be in the F.A cup next year, but we may not be in Europe.

jackaway
17-02-2014, 07:55 PM
I understand that we had to utilise the squad due to the number of matches, but in such a dramatic fashion with 8 changes was bound to end in failure. Laudrup was criticised for chopping and changing the team too much, yet we are now doing it even more than he did.
It will be interesting to see the line up for Thursday's match, bearing in mind we play Liverpool a few days later.

jackaway
19-02-2014, 11:31 AM
I liked the look of Bartley,unfortunately he went of injured. At 6'3" he could be just what we need to combat these giant strikers. Hopefully he'll be back soon to show us what he can do,but he should have gone off straight away instead of aggrevating his hamstring injury. Apparently it's the same injury that he suffered recently whilst on loan at Birmingham.

SWANSEA_SLAMMER
19-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Was only saying that last night to my Brother, Bartley looked sharp and is not afraid to get in on those big tackles.

Ed_Gein
23-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Was only saying that last night to my Brother, Bartley looked sharp and is not afraid to get in on those big tackles.

He looked awesome