PDA

View Full Version : Howard Webb

alfinyalcabo
16-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Is he a bad ref, or is it just me that sees things different from him.. some of his decisions amaze me at times. :?

backofthenet
16-02-2014, 09:54 PM
How he didn't give that second Liverpool penalty, especially considering how close he was is unbelievable.

I am convinced he didn't because it was so close to the previous penalty.

Stan_van_nel
16-02-2014, 09:59 PM
He made a game of that Spain v Netherlands World Cup final.

It would have been a farce without him.

Davhor
17-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Suarez didn't get the penalty because of his past antics. You'll never get a ref to admit it I suppose but it must be in the back of his mind if a certain player has a reputation when he 'goes down' for a foul, penalty or whatever.

blueandwhitehalves1
17-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Suarez didn't get the penalty because of his past antics. You'll never get a ref to admit it I suppose but it must be in the back of his mind if a certain player has a reputation when he 'goes down' for a foul, penalty or whatever.

I agree. His ridiculous pirouetted double-footed sort of flip-kick afterwards didn't help him in the slightest either. No tackle on earth would naturally result in a player going down in such an energetic, farcical fashion.

Do think strikers have brought it on themselves somewhat with the diving culture but its gone too much the other way now. Refs seem to use the slightest sign of any exaggeration as a reason not to give a foul. What happens after the point of contact is irrelevant, thats what bugs me about refs. If you don't go down, you don't get the foul. If you go down but get straight back up, the opposition player rarely gets carded. There's no incentive whatsoever to play fair.