PDA

View Full Version : So, them Claret and Blue sorts

Stan_van_nel
16-02-2014, 09:55 PM
With this board being as dead as a James Bond villain, I though that I would ask a question..

Do you think that we will win promotion?

Just because we are four points clear of the third placed team, doesn't mean that I'm counting my chickens.

Disclaimer - I will not be held responsible for the swearing, arguments or willy waving which may occur in this thread.

AucklandRover
16-02-2014, 11:30 PM
With this board being as dead as a James Bond villain, I though that I would ask a question..

Just because we are four points clear of the third placed team, doesn't mean that I'm counting my chickens.

Disclaimer - I will not be held responsible for the swearing, arguments or willy waving which may occur in this thread.

Stan - what you have achieved is a level of consistency that we can only envy at the moment! In a way, you still seem to be creeping under the radar. What can change it is a catastrophic week for injuries or a couple of pieces of outrageous bad luck (refereeing decisions, etc). I think you need to avoid the play-offs because the small squad becomes more vulnerable when you have to squeeze those extra matches in.
On balance, I think you will get there, but predictions in this league are pretty much guesswork.

champs95
17-02-2014, 07:00 AM
Yes Stan, it's looking that way.
Each and every week passes, it looks more that way.
QPR appear to be in bad form at the wrong time for them.
It's easy to concentrate on the goals of Ings, but Vokes has also been impressive. You don't concede many goals. Your midfield is tough, and Dyche gets the best from players, that others have struggled to get anything from. Ie Treacy, who got you a valuable point on Sat. I think your going for 2nd place.
Yo don't need me to tell you the play offs are a gamble. You could miss out on auto promotion by a whisker, and lose out in the play offs to a team who got 15 less points in the league.

The worry to me wouldn't be this season, which is already a success. It's keeping the manager and players like Ings around long enough to build on that and sustain it. Like you didn't do last time promotion was achieved.

needle
17-02-2014, 07:01 AM
Us Rovers fans had better get used to it , Burnley are going up and I wouldn`t write off them going up as Champions .

jordan12rhodes
17-02-2014, 06:28 PM
i think away form will cost burnley an auto spot, and the play offs after that are a lottery..

blueandwhitehalves1
17-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Long way to go, but you've got the perfect manager for this league. Motivates his team, has 2 physical lads up top, and plays long ball. David Jones looked like a donkey for Rovers last season, but put him in a midfield who's function is to battle rather than craft its way through teams, and he fits perfectly.

Bowyer has started doing a kind of half-and-half imitation after signing Gestede, but we have a midfield geared towards the passing game and I just don't think thats how to thrive in this league unless you've got someone exceptional like a fully fit Dunn.

tonymorleysbaldhead
17-02-2014, 06:56 PM
'i think away form will cost burnley an auto spot'

Away form (p) 16 - won 7, drawn 6, lost 3.
Not too disastrous.

Patey
17-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Long Ball???????????????????

I think you'll find most of our goals have come from crossed by players with chalk on their boots.

Are you getting confused with another team who play in Claret and Blue.

blueandwhitehalves1
17-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Doesn't matter where the goals come from, not many of our goals actually came from long-balls under Allardyce. I'm talking about the long-ball as a means of getting it from the defence to the strikers, from that point it could be a very good goal involving 3-4 good passes. Know its only one game but if that isn't what I saw against QPR then I was watching a different match. Full-backs and centre halves constantly launching it to Vokes and Ings, who are exceptional at linking up in that situation.

Personally I don't consider it an insult, I'd rather see that than a team devoid of truly creative players knock it aimlessly around in their own half.

Its all about perception anyway. Allardyce is no more long ball than Pulis and numerous others, but Arsene Wenger called him it and so all football fans everywhere treat him as the inventor and sole advocate of the tactic. Moyes and O'Neill were long-ball with Everton and Villa plenty of the time but the media loved them and so they were rar

jordan12rhodes
17-02-2014, 07:22 PM
[quote="blueandwhitehalves1"]Doesn't matter where the goals come from, not many of our goals actually came from long-balls under Allardyce. I'm talking about the long-ball as a means of getting it from the defence to the strikers, from that point it could be a very good goal involving 3-4 good passes. Know its only one game but if that isn't what I saw against QPR then I was watching a different match. Full-backs and centre halves constantly launching it to Vokes and Ings, who are exceptional at linking up in that situation.

Personally I don't consider it an insult, I'd rather see that than a team devoid of truly creative players knock it aimlessly around in their own half.

Its all about perception anyway. Allardyce is no more long ball than Pulis and numerous others, but Arsene Wenger called him it and so all football fans everywhere treat him as the inventor and sole advocate of the tactic. Moyes and O'Neill were long-ball with Everton and Villa plenty

jordan12rhodes
17-02-2014, 07:24 PM
'i think away form will cost burnley an auto spot'

Away form (p) 16 - won 7, drawn 6, lost 3.
Not too disastrous.

yep, too many draws will cost you in the end imo. it`s still a good record, but imo will be just short of auto promo..

tonymorleysbaldhead
17-02-2014, 07:29 PM
'agree. i`ve said for a while that dyche could be the new sam..'

You've 'said for a while' have you - well j12j, you are entitled to that hilarious comment.

jordan12rhodes
17-02-2014, 07:40 PM

You've 'said for a while' have you - well j12j, you are entitled to that hilarious comment.

you`ve got the wrong impression if you think i`m insulting dyche. anyone on these boards knows i rate big sam as an excellent intellegent football manager..

blueandwhitehalves1
17-02-2014, 07:43 PM

Not sure whats hilarious about it. Allardyce is a phenomenal manager, if Dyche achieves half as much at Burnley as Allardyce did at Bolton he'll go down in Burnley folklore.

Regarding his tactics, wasn't he replaced by Zola at Watford for style issues. I know he's the "ginger mourinho" and no Burnley fan could consider any slight of him (at least until he gets to the Owen Coyle phase) but he's a long ball manager.

Feel free to deny it though. Not many Rovers fans will ever point out that Hughes was one of the most negative managers we've ever had in his first season at Rovers.

If you're manager is good and you don't like long-ball, tell yourself he doesn't play long ball. Easy :)

rossendaleareaclaret
17-02-2014, 07:54 PM
Hahaha the tables have turned PRICELESS

dunn0709
17-02-2014, 08:07 PM

no nah never! >:) ;D

champs95
17-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Hahaha the tables have turned PRICELESS

And good luck to you aswell. When you win that Prem title, add to that a league cup win, numerous European trips, champions league, Trelleborgs, :D ...
Numerous years spent in the top half of the league, etc etc ...all that will look great for you, let us know how you get on yeah ...;D

garfunkal
17-02-2014, 08:40 PM
Numerous European trips to watch the boxing , oh how we laughed

blueandwhitehalves1
17-02-2014, 08:48 PM

Numerous = 1?

Guess you'll laugh at anything when you can't even count.

AucklandRover
17-02-2014, 09:38 PM
[quote="blueandwhitehalves1"]Doesn't matter where the goals come from, not many of our goals actually came from long-balls under Allardyce. I'm talking about the long-ball as a means of getting it from the defence to the strikers, from that point it could be a very good goal involving 3-4 good passes. Know its only one game but if that isn't what I saw against QPR then I was watching a different match. Full-backs and centre halves constantly launching it to Vokes and Ings, who are exceptional at linking up in that situation.

Its all about perception anyway. Allardyce is no more long ball than Pulis and numerous others, but Arsene Wenger called him it and so all football fans everywhere treat him as the inventor and sole advocate of the tactic. Moyes and O'Neill were long-ball with Everton and Villa plenty

garfunkal
17-02-2014, 09:54 PM

More boxing than victories home or away , stop it you are killing me

accyrover
18-02-2014, 01:11 AM
Some of this Burnley lot need to remember they haven't even got promotion yet before they go acting like they've somehow bettered what we've done by having one good season in the Championship.

robinrover
18-02-2014, 05:57 AM
What a surprise a genuine Burnley fan in Stan starts a thread and it gets flooded by idiots who are getting a bit too excited by their table position.
If we we go into financial meltdown which looks likely I have some great memories of the rovers which I never thought I would see I think for a chunk of Burnley fans their memory will be US imploding not how well they have progressed.

champs95
18-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Its not uncommon that one of the divisions middle of the road sides, has an indifferent season, and either pushes for promotion. Leyton Orient are doing it in League One. Yeovil did it last season, and actually got up. You have to remember though, thats all it is, a one off season, at this stage, nobody has won anything. Personally, if I was them, Id be wary we could upset yhings a little. We wont be rolling over for them. Like they did so beautifully during that infamous 5-0 game they 'dont like to talk about'.

The same old idiots still turn up getting very excited. This had the startings of a good thread.

Lets just put this in the direction it always goes.

Burnley has a BIGGER catchment area for fans.

champs95
18-02-2014, 07:45 AM

So does that mean you cried when we won the league?
Christ, what did you do when we beat you 5-0?

LincolnClaret
18-02-2014, 08:27 AM
"Christ, what did you do when we beat you 5-0?"

I tried to leave at 4-0 but the stewards wouldn't let me; that was a bad day!

Things are looking good this year. We do need promotion though or we'll be back in the usual mess over the summer. Ings will leave, Trippier will probably go as well I think (he's been terrific this season), and we'll be the same old Burnley trying to scratch around for cheap players or loans to make up the numbers.

Dyche did incredibly well last season in signing Heaton, Jones and Arfield on free transfers as all three have been instrumental in our success, but how often do free transfers have that sort of impact? Jones in particular has been superb in the middle of the park - a calm head next to the erratic "runner" Dean Marney! They compliment each other perfectly and that's worked in our favour all year.

Regardless of what happens between now and May we can be rightly proud of what we've done. When Austin left we were relegation fodder in many people's

garfunkal
18-02-2014, 09:03 AM
So does that mean you cried when we won the league?

Don't you mean bought :? :?

nelson61
18-02-2014, 10:11 AM
So a good thread gone to pot, its amazing nobody seems to understand the basics of a good debate( and yes I also have been guilty of getting a bit personal)it was meant as a friendly debate not a war on who is the best Etc Etc.

thewellernut70
18-02-2014, 03:47 PM
"Regarding his tactics, wasn't he replaced by Zola at Watford for style issues."

Not at all,Dyche was replaced because new Italian owners purchased the club (Udinese owners?),who then proceeded to fill Watford with foreign signings loaned from their Italian club.The owners,as you may suspect,wanted to put in place their own man and due to the influx of Foreign players at Watford coupled with the Italian ownership plumped for Zola.Infact many at the time thought Dyche was really unlucky to be replaced as manager as that season he had lead Watford to their highest league finish for some time and on a vastly reduced budget

champs95
18-02-2014, 04:13 PM
[quote="thewellernut70"

Not at all,Dyche was replaced because new Italian owners purchased the club (Udinese owners?),who then proceeded to fill Watford with foreign signings loaned from their Italian club.The owners,as you may suspect,wanted to put in place their own man and due to the influx of Foreign players at Watford coupled with the Italian ownership plumped for Zola.Infact many at the time thought Dyche was really unlucky to be replaced as manager as that season he had lead Watford to their highest league finish for some time and on a vastly reduced budget[/quote]

Firstly I am a fan of Dyche, and well aware of his time at Watford. And also fully aware he was unfairly sacked to make way for Zola, inspired by the Italian owners, and link with Undinese.

But this is the second time I've heard this about Dyche getting Watfords biggest finish in years (Stan mentioned it a

thewellernut70
18-02-2014, 04:19 PM
It's still correct to use years though as its plural,so it is in fact theoretically and grammatically correct to say years in this instance as it is a greater period of time than a single year ;)

dunn0709
18-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Some of this Burnley lot need to remember they haven't even got promotion yet before they go acting like they've somehow bettered what we've done by having one good season in the Championship.

I have come to realise that the dingles are simply premature ejaculation personified.

They wet themselves from about Xmas time in the Prem about us getting relegated. For us to then go on that good run and almost get out of it. Sadly, wasn't to be. :blue:

They then wet themselves about us getting relegated last season, only for it not to happen.

They have been wetting themselves about our financial oblivion/ administration etc etc for about a year now. Well, we shall see what happens won't we.

And they appear to think they have already won the Champions League this season, but time will tell.

I tend to find it's definately better to wait until things actually happen in life before popping the champagne corks. Otherwise you can end up

champs95
18-02-2014, 05:21 PM
It's still correct to use years though as its plural,so it is in fact theoretically and grammatically correct to say years in this instance as it is a greater period of time than a single year ;)

I get what your saying, stop clutching at straws. Leave that up to us lot as we paint on a smile & wish you well on promotion. ;D
We can be left to talk about catchment areas, how many fans where locked out of Ewood on some god forsaken game nobody cares about in the 80's. You can concentrate on actual football ...decent football, for once.

Serious question thrown out...no googling! Everyone knows about the 35 year thing.
What year was the last season Burnley sat in a higher than Rovers?

blueandwhitehalves1
18-02-2014, 05:33 PM

You're one thick **** you know that? I won't even bother listing our European victories or telling you how many it is. You're clearly as unconcerned as you are mentally retarded when it comes to actually knowing any facts. How old were you when we were in Europe? Cause you sound about 11. I assume your daddy mentions Burnley's first division team getting beat to non-league Wimbledon as much as he mentions Trelleborgs does he?

As for us "buying" the league (I assume you're in stitches at remembering that too, I wonder if you're just in a state of constant dribbling and laughing at a blank wall), no more than anyone else has in the modern era. And no more than Man U who spent A?7m on Andy Cole the season we won it.

Anyway, I'm sure you've got it all to look forward to yourself. The day when a rich, succes

alfinyalcabo
18-02-2014, 05:35 PM
I cant see any reason why we shouldn't carry on the good run barring any serious injuries to our top players.. I personally couldn't give two hoots about the Rovers result,the most important thing is to gain promotion at the end of the season and welcome the A?90,000,000 that comes with it.. :star:

alfinyalcabo
18-02-2014, 05:39 PM

You're one thick **** you know that? I won't even bother listing our European victories or telling you how many it is. You're clearly as unconcerned as you are mentally retarded when it comes to actually knowing any facts. How old were you when we were in Europe? Cause you sound about 11. I assume your daddy mentions Burnley's first division team getting beat to non-league Wimbledon as much as he mentions Trelleborgs does he?

As for us "buying" the league (I assume you're in stitches at remembering that too, I wonder if you're just in a state of constant dribbling and laughing at a blank wall), no more than anyone else has in the modern era. And no more than Man U who spent A?7m on Andy Cole the season we won it.

Anyway, I'm sure you've got it all

blueandwhitehalves1
18-02-2014, 05:53 PM
XD XD XD @ B&W..

I say to myself "don't rise to it, no point, talk to the intelligent ones instead", then I have a kind of black-out, and then I realise I've posted something like the above again :)

garfunkal
18-02-2014, 06:06 PM
You are just to easy blue and white , my work here is done :D

joinerpat
18-02-2014, 06:51 PM

As for us "buying" the league (I assume you're in stitches at remembering that too, I wonder if you're just in a state of constant dribbling and laughing at a blank wall), no more than anyone else has in the modern era. And no more than Man U who spent A?7m on Andy Cole the sea

dunn0709
18-02-2014, 06:53 PM
I cant see any reason why we shouldn't carry on the good run barring any serious injuries to our top players.. I personally couldn't give two hoots about the Rovers result,the most important thing is to gain promotion at the end of the season and welcome the A?90,000,000 that comes with it.. :star:

And how sad is that Alf. Says it all.

Used to be football was about winning matches, particularly over your fiercest rivals. That was the buzz. That was why you were a supporter.

Now it's only about money. :blue:

And no mention of maybe going to great historic stadiums like Anfield, Old Trafford, WHL etc.

Not knocking you. I understand that is the reality. I mean look at us, if we don't go up next year we could cease to exist. Needs must and all that.

But the sad reality is, teams like us are now happy to go up, take the 100 million, get tonked by City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc for 9 months and then come back down with the parachut

champs95
18-02-2014, 07:04 PM
XD XD XD @ B&W..

I say to myself "don't rise to it, no point, talk to the intelligent ones instead", then I have a kind of black-out, and then I realise I've posted something like the above again :)[/quote]

Don't worry about it pal. I have fallen into the trap too.
Garfunkal has us in his pocket, the Clarets will win promotion and all is well with the world. :D ;D

champs95
18-02-2014, 07:08 PM

Used to be football was about winning matches, particularly over your fiercest rivals. That was the buzz. That was why you were a supporter.

And no mention of maybe going to great historic stadiums like Anfield, Old Trafford, WHL etc.

Not knocking you. I understand that is the reality. I mean look at us, if we don't go up next year we could cease to exist. Needs must and all that.

But the sad reality is, teams like us are now happy to go up, take the 100 million, get tonked by City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc for 9 mo

alfinyalcabo
18-02-2014, 07:34 PM

But the sad reality is, teams like us are now happy to go up, take the 100 million, get tonked by City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc for 9 mo

champs95
18-02-2014, 07:45 PM

But the sad reality is, teams like us are now happy to go up, take the 100 million,

dunn0709
18-02-2014, 08:04 PM
I hear you Alf. Great sport.

I don't have a team, watch it on TV, and go to the Grand Final every year for the last 15 plus years (kind of a family thing).

Was at the world cup final too. Gutted it was a non contest, and there's nothing worse than having aussies celebrate around you.

Edit - you will enjoy it Champs, good fans, but I think Cas are a bit crap nowadays, used to be all right a while back I think, I am no expert though.

Howie5o
18-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Burnley has proved after two thirds of the season their position is no fluke ..so yes for Burnley fans its a fantastic season BUT after being in the top three for as long as they have it will be a massive disappointment/failure not to gain promotion ..(fan expectation)

The danger for Burnley as i see it is if they do not gain automatic promotion and seal their play off place with 4-5 games to go then have nothing else to play for until the play offs.. the foot may come off the gas and the teams below who have to keep playing until the final games to secure a play off place may have the momentum/form going into the deciders rather than Burnley

alfinyalcabo
18-02-2014, 08:36 PM

But the sad reality is, teams like us

champs95
18-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Classy Cas eh Alf? That's one thing Cas Vegas certainly isn't let me tell you!!! :D
I don't live far from the ground, so no doubts I will go. I have a free ticket for this 1st match. To be fair, everyone in Cas, is a big Tigers fan. No footy here at all, apart from ...Leeds ;D ...

blueandwhitehalves1
18-02-2014, 10:10 PM
XD XD XD @ B&W..

I say to myself "don't rise to it, no point, talk to the intelligent ones instead", then I have a kind of black-out, and then I realise I've posted something like the above again :)[/quote]

Don't worry about it pal. I have fallen into the trap too.
Garfunkal has us in his pocket, the Clarets will win promotion and all is well with the world. :D ;D[/quote]

Indeed he has, Garfunkal is a master of the wind-up, I expect to see him on the comedy circuit in the near future making Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle look timid.

Of course what him and the other delinquent, single-brain celled morons fail to realise is I enjoy ripping them apart. They seem to think "oh he's angry, we've won". I just find it satisfying.

You can swear at them, mock them, give Burnley more than a few kidney shots, and they always give bac

CaspertheClaret
18-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Much as I initially wanted to like b and w's post above, after re reading it two or three times you actually realise that it says bllk all and is just a Sunday morning apres kebab fart.

It says more about himself than adds anything to the debate. Lots of poor generalisations and sweeping mind numbing footie fan fodder.

poltergeist
19-02-2014, 01:20 AM
Get in there Casper, dont cut yourself short in going for the Jugular, just bite it in the bud like you used to. XD XD XD

champs95
19-02-2014, 07:07 AM
Get in there Casper, dont cut yourself short in going for the Jugular, just bite it in the bud like you used to. XD XD XD

Bite it in the bud?

Is this some form of primitive dialect I have yet to come across?

garfunkal
19-02-2014, 07:48 AM
Blueandwhitehalves the gift that keeps on giving

bigmoon
19-02-2014, 09:30 AM

Anyway, I'm sure you've got it all

champs95
19-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Blueandwhitehalves the gift that keeps on giving

That actually doesnt mean anything?
Not funny, no context, not witty.
Of course your gene pool is far lower, therefore your forgiven on sounding like you do.
I was going to say enjoy your moment in the sun. Alas, you dont even have that at this point.

I can tell you though, if/when you do fail, one thing you wont be doing is coming on here to chat about football.

What a brave fkwit you are son.
Round of applause for you ...

Font_of_knowledge
19-02-2014, 05:44 PM

As for us "buying" the league (I assume you're in stitches at remembering that too, I wonder if you're just in a state of constant dribbling and laughing at a blank wall), no more than anyone else has in the modern era. And no more than Man U who spent A?7m on Andy Cole the season w

champs95
19-02-2014, 06:25 PM

As for us "buying" the league (I assume you're in stitches at remembering that too, I wonder if you're just in a state of constant dribbling and laughing at a blank wall), no more than anyone else has in the modern era. And no m

bigmoon
19-02-2014, 06:56 PM
*Likes*

You can't add too much else to that Champs. Like you mention, down the years I am sure all them that have spunked loads of money away (more than Rovers could spend under 5 Jack Walkers) to try and win the Premier League would like to have "bought" ( ;D ) the title as well.

But at least Burnley have Trelleborgs as their defining moment in history! ;D

champs95
19-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Aye, I know what your saying Moony. ;D

poltergeist
19-02-2014, 07:14 PM

Bite it in the bud?

Is this some form of primitive dialect I have yet to come across?[/quote]

Ok champs,I got it WRONG, I was so excited that casper appeared i was biting my lip at the time, maybe thats why i had a blonde moment and typed bite instead of NIP, I do (apologise) for my mistake. :P

champs95
19-02-2014, 07:22 PM

Bite it in the bud?

Is this some form of primitive dialect I have yet to come across?[/quote]

Ok champs,I got it WRONG, I was so excited that casper appeared i was bitmy lip at the time, maybe thats why i had a blonde moment and typed bite instead of NIP, I do (apologise) for my mistake. :P[/quote]

You will address me as Sir !!!! And you are forgiven but your towing the line.
Final warning.

CaspertheClaret
19-02-2014, 07:28 PM
"nip " "blondes" "over excitation" - this thread just keeps getting better! B)

champs95
19-02-2014, 07:37 PM
[quote="CaspertheClaret" - this thread just keeps getting better! B)[/quote]

Throw in 'sister' and there will be 10 thousand of you hillbillies locked out of this thread :D :D

CaspertheClaret
19-02-2014, 07:42 PM
:D

You can give us your jibes now but we will the ones laughing when the oil field beneath Pendle is finally located! B)

poltergeist
19-02-2014, 07:43 PM
[quote="champs95" - this thread just keeps getting better! B)[/quote]

Throw in 'sister' and there will be 10 thousand of you hillbillies locked out of this thread :D :D[/quote

XD XD XD Excellent Sir :star: :star: :star:

champs95
19-02-2014, 08:04 PM
:D

You can give us your jibes now but we will the ones laughing when the oil field beneath Pendle is finally located! B)

Well if you get rich quick, I would say plough it into the football club, get promotion, and then take on all the big boys, and win the Prem...but Fontofallknowledge feels that is not allowed!!!!? It's an exclusive club, only Man United are members. So don't even bother trying ...

garfunkal
19-02-2014, 09:29 PM
And another one , you Rovers fans must go through a hell of a lot of keyboards

robinrover
20-02-2014, 05:38 AM
You have been liked 201 times by God you dingles are easily pleased.
I guess I just don't get your wonderful humour.

champs95
20-02-2014, 11:35 AM

Cheers for coming on Roversmad to tell us that.
Oh the irony. XD

No matter how well your doing, your always in our shadow.

garfunkal
20-02-2014, 01:04 PM
You keep taking the tablets chump95

bigmoon
20-02-2014, 04:05 PM
I would watch out Chump95 (seriously??), the banter is strong in this one...

champs95
20-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Moony, he seriously has got to be the most boring poster I have come across.

He seems to roll out boring phrase, after boring phrase. You do get some banter off the okay (ish) ones, but this one...:D

I guess I belong in his pocket, after all his witty come backs. Mr Personality. He's had us all, certainly on this thread. :star:

backofthenet
20-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Although he doesn't know it, I know him in real life.

And, amazingly, he comes across more witty on this board than in person.

Read into that what you will ;D

garfunkal
20-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Although he doesn't know it, I know him in real life.

I do now

Stan_van_nel
20-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Garfunkal is one of them sorts on Cartel Mad, who think that the Burnley board bought a private island in the West Indies with the £90 million promotion money. ;D

AucklandRover
20-02-2014, 11:33 PM
75 posts so far - most of them nothing to do with Stan's original question.
Why is it that interchanges between the rival fans - often descending into the exchange of insults or bragging about who is in whose pocket - attracts such interest, when actual football discussions usually peter out after a few posts?
Yes, I know I am a boring, pedantic bugger.

DanRrr
21-02-2014, 12:09 AM
No Aucks, you're right. Just popped on for look, aside from the oil field under Pendle Hill, the 'banter' is beyond pathetic. It's a toss up between font and Garfunkel for most pathetic brain dead tw@t. I think the award must go to garfunkel , what a :star:

Edit: sorry font, you weren't even close in comming second. Better luck next time ;D

Font_of_knowledge
21-02-2014, 08:12 AM

As for us "buying" the league (I assume you're in stitches at remembering that too, I wonder if you're just in a state of constant dribbling and laughing at a blank wall), no more th

Font_of_knowledge
21-02-2014, 08:18 AM
No Aucks, you're right. Just popped on for look, aside from the oil field under Pendle Hill, the 'banter' is beyond pathetic. It's a toss up between font and Garfunkel for most pathetic brain dead tw@t. I think the award must go to garfunkel , what a :star:

Edit: sorry font, you weren't even close in comming second. Better luck next time ;D

I don't mind Danrrr. Every time I post sense on here, usually trying to back up with facts (I'm never intentionally abusive), you come out with 'Lack of Knowledge' etc, rather than counter my post. So for brain dead tw@t I'd not be looking much further in front of your own nose to be honest. Welcome to second place DanRrr ;D

paderbornclaret
21-02-2014, 01:32 PM
We are a caring folk...

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/4tsxsy.jpg[/IMG

Where's our mate DB?...this pic is quite coincidental btw. :D

champs95
21-02-2014, 01:33 PM

As for us "buying" the league (I assume you're in stitches at remembering that too, I wonder if you're just in a state of const

garfunkal
21-02-2014, 01:44 PM
You horse botherers really are sensitive types I only mentioned about buying the league , your lack of victories in Europe , and the infamous Boxing match , and I get all this personal abuse , I don't know what you would be posting if I had made it all up :?

champs95
21-02-2014, 01:57 PM
You horse botherers really are sensitive types I only mentioned about buying the league , your lack of victories in Europe , and the infamous Boxing match , and I get all this personal abuse , I don't know what you would be posting if I had made it all up :?

hows your sister?

Font_of_knowledge
21-02-2014, 06:44 PM

As for us "buying" the league (I assume you're in stitches at remembering that to

champs95
21-02-2014, 07:20 PM

As for us "buying" the lea

DanRrr
21-02-2014, 11:24 PM

I don't mind Danrrr. Every time I post sense on here, usually trying to back up with facts (I'm never intentionally abusive), you come out with 'Lack of Knowledge' etc, rather than counter my post. So for brain dead tw@t I'd not be looking much further in front of your own nose to be honest. Welcome to second place DanRrr ;D[/quote]

I have called you lack of knowledge because you used facts and figures of utter irrelevance, or dubious sources to prove you points. Countering such 'points' is pointless as exposing the flawed logic is ea

Font_of_knowledge
22-02-2014, 09:57 AM

I don't mind Danrrr. Every time I post sense on here, usually trying to back up with facts (I'm never intentionally abusive), you come out with 'Lack of Knowledge' etc, rather than counter my post. So for brain dead tw@t I'd not be looking much further in front of your own nose to be honest. Welcome to second place DanRrr ;D[/quote]

I have called you lack of knowledge because you used facts and figures of utter irrelevance, or dubious sources to prove you points. Countering such 'points' is

DanRrr
22-02-2014, 10:22 AM
You never actually "expose the flawed logic" though, which is my point, only resorting to low level changing. When you counter with a equally persuasive angle of your own, then you will leave second place, but not before ;D

I recall posts on the Venky's issue where you popped up and your flawed logic was brought to the foreground. If you missed that, then you'll need to start questioning you own assumption or seek more information on topic. In this thread, you turned lower spending, to spending to turnover to prove we 'bought the league'. That is flawed logic, as it moves the goalposts in changing the presentation of statistics in order to win the argument, whilst ignoring the issue that we spent less some other teams, which is the common perception and on which the premises that we bought the league is based.

I'm sorry but this is but one recent example where the 'knowledge' you present is only tuned to cheap poin

champs95
22-02-2014, 11:53 AM
not being funny (well actually I am) butMr Font, I have answered every single question and short of blowing my own trumpet, I put you in a box a few days ago.

Your come across the average bitter Dingle. Nothing more nothing less.

I'd be bitter aswell, if I had to endure watching my closest 'hated' rivals be given a pile of cash and go and win things and take on the big boys ...and win.
It virtually never happens in football. You will never ever see it with your club.

I did, and its still in living memory. You cant change that, you can act like a spolit kid, and keep trying to get the last word, devalue it, mutter something under your breath etc ...all I do is point you towards the history books. 1995 - Prem League winners.
2002 league cup winners ...35 years of never seeing you beat us ...I could go on.

Enjoy your brief flirt with something resembling decent football. As if you blink, you will miss it, and also dont spend all of that brief time on here crowing. As it wont be

CaspertheClaret
22-02-2014, 02:06 PM
This a cool thread B) and that was a cool smiley!

Can we not just be nice to each other? :blue:

We are not that different you and us!

We tend to be a little fairer in outlook and in physical attributes but that is only a generalisation.
We also have a tendency to have a better understanding of life as whole and the game of football as a specific.

The towns are not that different in so much that they are both Lancashire mill towns. Burnley is more aesthetically pleasing and doesn't stink the county out but that is a minor matter.

Lets just be chums. :heart:

steppa
22-02-2014, 06:29 PM

hows your sister?[/quote]

hows you brother?

yorkyclaret
22-02-2014, 07:07 PM
PLEASE REMOVE THAT STEPPA, I PRESUME YOU DON'T KNOW WHY, JUST DO IT.

alfinyalcabo
23-02-2014, 08:48 PM

hows your sister?[/quote]

hows you brother?[/quote]

If there are any mods on here can you remove this post please immediately.. :blue:

champs95
23-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Thankyou Alf.

I didn't know how to deal with this. To say I'm disgusted is an understatement.
I thought that in one hand, I was giving out banter, so I should've expected some back. But mine was just simple general banter. It certainly wasn't personal. Then I thought about complaining, so I did...and I got no response. Then I thought this gives this sick person satisfaction he has gotten to me. My nephew reads this board, and knows my username. That was his father he lost, at 12,.what is strange, is I have never knowingly had any interaction with this STEPPA? So he has remembered something from 4 years ago. Why say that? I just don't get it.

Which board does this thing post on?

alfinyalcabo
23-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Thankyou Alf.

I didn't know how to deal with this. To say I'm disgusted is an understatement.
I thought that in one hand, I was giving out banter, so I should've expected some back. But mine was just simple general banter. It certainly wasn't personal. Then I thought about complaining, so I did...and I got no response. Then I thought this gives this sick person satisfaction he has gotten to me. My nephew reads this board, and knows my username. That was his father he lost, at 12,.what is strange, is I have never knowingly had any interaction with this STEPPA? So he has remembered something from 4 years ago. Why say that? I just don't get it.

Which board does this thing post on?

Id like to think he doesn't know Champs,but if he does his comment is utterly despicable and he wants banning for it.. :blue:

champs95
23-02-2014, 11:08 PM
Something tells me he knows, I hope I'm wrong.

The only time I have complained on here (and trust me I will take any kind of stick, just not this, as it's truly awful) was a similar comment from a Carlisle poster, not sure if this is connected, that was a while back. I've logged it twice now, and what I'm not doing is staying around to read anymore, certainly if this just isn't moderated at all, and that's allowed to go on.

I'm all up for banter, I'm an annoying poster at times, I spout off, and expect stuff back, which I get, and enjoy. But not this.

CaspertheClaret
24-02-2014, 06:08 AM
Is there something I have missed here?

Genuinely unsure of what has caused the offence?

Edit : ah right must have missed Champs post above and am now getting a flavour. No need to reply. :blue: Lets hope he/she didn't know either.

garfunkal
24-02-2014, 01:45 PM
I sincerely apologise if any of my posts have unwittingly offended anyone

dunn0709
24-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Now then Champs, don't let the little cretin get to you. Just turn the other cheek, as you have said you would in above post. (Easy for me to say I know.)

I'm of the opinion he/she knew exactly what they were saying. Makes no sense otherwise, surely the expected response would be "how's your father" what with the old b@stard's moniker and all that. They will no doubt try and plead ignorance, but won't ring true to me.

I'm also of the opinion that Steppa is no doubt an alt of some-ones. Makes no sense to have signed up in 2011 and then had less than 200 posts with over a quarter of them on our board.

It will simply be another coward hiding in amongst the cesspool of internet scumbags trying to get cheap kicks to bring a thrill to their pathetic little lives.

If footymad had any balls about them they would use the email/IP address thing to out them and all their usernames and give them a permanent ban. Won't hold my breath though. I get the impression certain people high up in the

yorkyclaret
24-02-2014, 03:56 PM
[quote="dunn0709"]Now then Champs, don't let the little cretin get to you. Just turn the other cheek, as you have said you would in above post. (Easy for me to say I know.)

I'm of the opinion he/she knew exactly what they were saying. Makes no sense otherwise, surely the expected response would be "how's your father" what with the old b@stard's moniker and all that. They will no doubt try and plead ignorance, but won't ring true to me.

I'm also of the opinion that Steppa is no doubt an alt of some-ones. Makes no sense to have signed up in 2011 and then had less than 200 posts with over a quarter of them on our board.

It will simply be another coward hiding in amongst the cesspool of internet scumbags trying to get cheap kicks to bring a thrill to their pathetic little lives.

If footymad had any balls about them they would use the email/IP address thing to out them and all their usernames and give them a permanent ban. Won't hold my breath though. I get

Howie5o
24-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Well well well ..what a surprise ... this thread has ended in tears ...i think many regular posters could see this coming ..:/ ..and people question the demise of Rovers Mad ..

champs95
24-02-2014, 05:17 PM
[quote="dunn0709"]Now then Champs, don't let the little cretin get to you. Just turn the other cheek, as you have said you would in above post. (Easy for me to say I know.)

If footymad had any balls about them they would use the email/IP address thing to out them and all their usernames and give them a permanent ban. Won't hold my breath though. I get

champs95
24-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Well well well ..what a surprise ... this thread has ended in tears ...i think many regular posters could see this coming ..:/ ..and people question the demise of Rovers Mad ..

You sometimes have to make a bit of a stand Howie. We are all real people.
We post stuff about our lives too. Milly recently posted about his niece who was born on a Valentines. Wonderful news. Part of life. As much as losing say you brother. I'm pretty sure he would be horrified if some guy who never posts on here, came on to say something awful about a loved one.
Or as also mentioned, if this was on CM eg, this would not be allowed. And I agree.

The fact this site is not moderated at all is most likely the main reason for the decline. The older members of the board will tell you stuff like this was going on a lot more when it was busier. But crucially it was moderated. It isn't at all now, it's a free for all.

Howie5o
24-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Sorry Champs what i was meaning was simply the topic itself ..it was a loaded gun of a topic ..posted by a claret on a rovers board with Burnley sat in second place ..?..as stan wrote in his opening post ..
"Disclaimer - I will not be held responsible for the swearing, arguments or willy waving which may occur in this thread."..
..it was quite obvious it would end up as a free for all ..

Would a claret have posted a topic on here about Burnley asking whether they d go down if sat second from bottom ..i think not...

And with all arguments on here someone always goes one step too far ..over 100 posts about Clarets on a Rovers site yet look at the posts for actual rovers topics ..non existant ..

champs95
24-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Aye, I do see what your saying Howie

I feel like a rite tit for posting on this thread, where I can see others have side stepped it. I do some really stupid things, and I asked for this, I've upset my nephew, and it feel bloody stupid.

Like you said, it was a radiculous post to put on this site, and if they where having their normal season, a topic would not have been started.
But more fool me, for joining in with the willy waving. This was a CM post, a place I have no interest in posting. And I would expect a response like I got, on that site.

I do wish we had some kind of moderation of this board though.

garfunkal
24-02-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm not 100% sure what's going on here , but I can guess , I originally thought steppas quote was aimed at me , having recently lost my brother , but then thought how could he know , but your mind plays tricks , can't understand why anyone would want to post that .

claret1978
24-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Brother, sister, wot idiots. banter is banter but wtf how old are you!

dunn0709
25-02-2014, 09:58 AM
The only credit you lot will get this season is from the Bank of India. ;)

XD

I'm gonna give you a 8/10 for that one Yorky.

Keep em coming.

dunn0709
25-02-2014, 10:27 AM
And with all arguments on here someone always goes one step too far ..over 100 posts about Clarets on a Rovers site yet look at the posts for actual rovers topics ..non existant ..

I get your point Howie, but I'm one of them that is honest enough to admit that my rival's results do matter. People always give it the big one, saying I don't care, you don't matter to me, but it's total bullsh1t in most cases (yes, there are exceptions to every rule before individuals start bleating.)

Was just watching hull/brighton last night and the ITV FA cup advert segue has some fan saying - "And my main rivals, getting beaten by a team that was the underdog, it doesn't get better than that." With a huge smile on his face. And that's generally the norm.

For instance, last season for the last few months, I gave the clarets grief because their board was just full of threads about us. But let's be honest, at that stage they were mid-table, going n

yorkyclaret
25-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Exactly what football rivalry is all about Dunny,for our part I think following leicesters implosion Burnley win the Championship with 3 games to spare, Blackburn need a point from their last game to make the platoffs, their opponents also need a point, nil nil with Blackburn becoming to first team ever to miss 6 penalties in a single game. Last kick Dunny plays a back pass, going wide until it hits a Chicken that has been thrown onto the pitch, keeper should still make an easy clearance but suddenly sees a Police horse, temptation just too much...would make a good film that ;)

champs95
25-02-2014, 01:17 PM
In the film, Pele would score the defining goal with an overhead kick, and the Nazi's would all rise to applaud the goal Yorky. ;D

Howie5o
25-02-2014, 04:44 PM

I get your point Howie, but I'm one of them that is honest enough to admit that my rival's results do matter. People always give it the big one, saying I don't care, you don't matter to me, but it's total bullsh1t in most cases (yes, there are exceptions to every rule before individuals start bleating.)

Was just watching hull/brighton last night and the ITV FA cup advert segue has some fan saying - "And my main rivals, getting beaten by a team that was the underdog, it doesn't get better than that." With a huge smile on his face. And that's generally the norm.

For instance, last season for the last few months, I gave the clarets grief because their board was just full of threads about us. But let's be hone

bigmoon
25-02-2014, 05:33 PM
@steppa

You Sir are an absolute scumbag, I seriously hope that something as horrific as cancer never takes hold of you or your close family. Comments like that are not banter, they are disgusting and show exactly what kind of person you are. A vile, cruel, disgusting post.

Champs, you keep wearing your heart on your sleeve my friend and don't let bottom feeders like that even enter your thoughts. I didn't want to quote his comment as it's awful and warrants removal and makes you realise that this board really does need a moderator.

champs95
25-02-2014, 06:09 PM
@steppa

You Sir are an absolute scumbag, I seriously hope that something as horrific as cancer never takes hold of you or your close family. Comments like that are not banter, they are disgusting and show exactly what kind of person you are. A vile, cruel, disgusting post.

Champs, you keep wearing your heart on your sleeve my friend and don't let bottom feeders like that even enter your thoughts. I didn't want to quote his comment as it's awful and warrants removal and makes you realise that this board really does need a moderator.

Thankyou very much Moony, really means a lot. :( :heart:

yorkyclaret
25-02-2014, 07:24 PM
In the film, Pele would score the defining goal with an overhead kick, and the Nazi's would all rise to applaud the goal Yorky.

You been smoking those funny ciggys again Champs, I mean that would never work would it, didn't you watch Hi Di hi, the first rule of comedy is you have to have reality. ;)

AucklandRover
26-02-2014, 01:04 AM
In the film, Pele would score the defining goal with an overhead kick, and the Nazi's would all rise to applaud the goal Yorky.

You been smoking those funny ciggys again Champs, I mean that would never work would it, didn't you watch Hi Di hi, the first rule of comedy is you have to have reality. ;)

I preferred "Heidi High", an everyday story of a ****age Swiss junkie, sporting blonde pigtails, and wearing a dirndl.
(OK - time to take off the stained raincoat).

Font_of_knowledge
27-02-2014, 06:58 AM
Champs "89
Posted 22 Feb 2014 11:53
re: So, them Claret and Blue sorts
not being funny (well actually I am) butMr Font, I have answered every single question and short of blowing my own trumpet, I put you in a box a few days ago.

Your come across the average bitter Dingle. Nothing more nothing less."

I'd say "put you in a box" would include not looking like a fool when you're trying to expose a post in the way you did. I pointed out the flaws in your post in my reply to that.

Also in the post I'm quoting from (I couldn't used the quote function on that post) you claim things I've never denied (envious of a proper fan pumping money in, etc) so I don't know how your mind's working but, if you want to get little kicks out of spurious claims then fine, knock yourself out.

Font_of_knowledge
27-02-2014, 07:11 AM
Danrrrr - "I recall posts on the Venky's issue where you popped up and your flawed logic was brought to the foreground. If you missed that, then you'll need to start questioning you own assumption or seek more information on topic. In this thread, you turned lower spending, to spending to turnover to prove we 'bought the league'. That is flawed logic, as it moves the goalposts in changing the presentation of statistics in order to win the argument, whilst ignoring the issue that we spent less some other teams, which is the common perception and on which the premises that we bought the league is based."

Couple of things here. Firstly, if you can attach a link to the thread your refer I'll give your claim more consideration. If not, I'll just assume you've made it up to back up your claim. Not a problem.

Secondly, I have never claimed you were outspending your rivals, only that you wouldn't naturally have been able to do were it not for the intervention of a fan who propelled you above

champs95
27-02-2014, 09:21 AM
[quote="Font_of_knowledge"

Couple of things here. Firstly, if you can attach a link to the thread your refer I'll give your claim more consideration. If not, I'll just assume you've made it up to back up your claim. Not a problem.

Secondly, I have never claimed you were outspending your rivals, only that you wouldn't naturally have been able to do were it no

dunn0709
27-02-2014, 11:09 AM
Secondly, I have never claimed you were outspending your rivals, only that you wouldn't naturally have been able to do were it not for the intervention of a fan who propelled you above many of your stable mates, and onto a completely new level. You seem to continue to miss that in my posts, which is very convenient, and doesn't show your assumed intelligence in the best light.

Quite ironic that you question some-one's intelligence in a post showing your own huge deficit in that area.

What you Dingles seem to struggle to grasp is that pretty much nothing happens "naturally" in business. Results are generally achieved through hard work, investment, having the right people in place running things, and obviously in most cases a good slice of luck along the way.

Are Chelsea naturally a Champions League club, Man City naturally league challengers, Swansea a Prem team etc etc?

To go even further are companies like

champs95
27-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Just remember Dunny.

This lad is on another level of intellegance. Way above us mortal souls.

In no way is he talking about a football club he doesn't support and what they where doing 20 years ago. He is totally normal.

I often find myself trawling through old Div 4 archives to see where Burnley where back then. It's very important.

Are these people for real?

DanRrr
27-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Danrrrr - b;ah blah blah and doesn't show your assumed intelligence in the best light.

Who assumed I hold any intelligence?

XD

claret1978
27-02-2014, 07:54 PM
You bought the title (first team to do so,many have followed!) we have been the better team overlast two seasons, still aint won nothing yet! Swingsnroundabouts me thinks. If we are premthis time next year, then and only then can we mock you.( cannot see it myself)lets see wot happens?