PDA

View Full Version : Hope Andy Gray 'gets' the derby thing.

aussieowl
16-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Not sure what Gray has been involved in before re derbies but I'm hoping he reads this potential game for what it is...one thing you could certainly say about Megson he knew what it meant & he knew how to get players up for it...if we got beat with him in charge it was due to bad luck or being second best on the day, not because we didn't turn up, maybe we should invite him as a motivational speaker for the day..XD ...none of this it's just another game crap like Bryan Robson came up with god love him.

He has to use the lure in the build up to Charlton surely, although I wouldn't play JJ(against United)unless we want to show off & do them with ten men..;)

ImTopMan
17-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Well for your information Andy Gray has been involved in plenty of derbies.

Dundee v DUNDEE UTD

ASTON VILLA v Birmingham

EVERTON v Liverpool

Celtic v RANGERS

Now I would suggest Mr Gray knows more about derbies than some plastic supporter from the other side of the world who even has to ask that question.

And I would say of all the derby games he has been involved in, only the Dundee affair is not as big as the Sheffield derby.

aussieowl
17-02-2014, 01:58 AM
I think you misunderstand, I know Gray has played in some big derbies, didn't know about the Dundee one, hence the not sure comment, I'm not an officianardo on all things Andy Gray...what I'm saying is is that I hope he 'gets' it...not all players/managers who've been involved understand what derbies mean, Bryan Robson being one of them...Gary Megson on the other hand knows EXACTLY what they are about, none of his teams would ever not turn up for one.

By the way what's the "other side of the world" have to do with it?

banno
17-02-2014, 07:07 AM
What's Andy Gray got to do with owt, have I missed summat?

hoothoot
17-02-2014, 07:45 AM

Er me too, I'm assuming Aussie is on about Andy Gray some commentary thing from BT Football involving Andy Gray?

aussieowl
17-02-2014, 07:53 PM

Er me too, I'm assuming Aussie is on about Andy Gray some commentary thing from BT Football involving Andy Gray?[/quote]

Lol...even I'm confused now..XD

I've had a complete melt down of the brain...I was talking to another expat from Brum about Stuart Gray, & he said do you mean Andy Gray, I said no etc etc etc...anyway we were trying to work out if they'd played at Villa together & talking about derbies...hence, I THINK, that's why I put Andy instead of Stuart...my bad...soz...anyway I hope he understands what derbies mean..XD