PDA

View Full Version : wrong timing

essexred52
17-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Why did the FA cup draw take place before all games had finished? Clough's half time team talk was if we get through this game we will possibly play Sheffield Wednesday in the next round, seems wrong to me cause teams knew who they had in the next round, we were robbed again, however this was our worst result of the season so far for me >:(

Romanis
17-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Why did the FA cup draw take place before all games had finished? Clough's half time team talk was if we get through this game we will possibly play Sheffield Wednesday in the next round, seems wrong to me cause teams knew who they had in the next round, we were robbed again, however this was our worst result of the season so far for me >:(

My boy, I have to disagree. Nothing sinister about this, everyone knows this is the method the draws always take. Even Davies alluded to it and said it had no effect and shouldn't have.

In fact you can say the same about us as them. For sure they have a chance for the Steel City derby, but we also knew that a home tie awaited against Weds or Charlton, teams we routinely beat at the City Ground. We should have had the same fire and desire to kill the game off.

We made mistakes, both on and off the pitch. De Vries did not take charge of the cross and told Jamal to lay off or hold on to it. For

dam617
17-02-2014, 11:28 AM

Tenuous at best I'm afraid.
De Vries played a large part in our defeat -I don't like blaming individuals but after they equalised the writing was on the wall