PDA

View Full Version : Friday night by the Tay

dazlhigh
17-02-2014, 10:39 AM
If we haven't got a fit 'proper' right back how do we approach the game?

jwok
17-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Not sure about the solution at right back but I'd have Hammell back to his normal position. Maybe Vigurs could fill the hole?

Gowboy
17-02-2014, 03:38 PM
I am hoping that either Ramsden or Kerr will be fit. I certainly would not play Vigurs at right back as he is left footed and too slow (he is beginning to show a bit more of his ability in his left midfield position but he is never a fullback).
Stevie Hammell (okay also left footed, but not as slow, however, and understands how to play at full back) would be best option with ZFA at left back. Fact is, if Mackay-Steven plays and is on his game, whoever we put there will struggle. Kerr, with the pace he has would be best, but I have no idea where he is at fitness-wise.
I have a real concern over Keith Lasley's injury. It says much for him that he played for the majority of the game with a damaged ligament: "He took a real sore one early on and might be out for a while, it's his medial ligament," said McCall. "For him to carry on showed great guts."
He is very much the heart of the team and if we lose him for a few games that is not good. Lawson would be logical replacement; maybe Leitch.