PDA

View Full Version : Not a dead cat in hells chance

zidazaga
17-02-2014, 11:30 AM
With 6 first team regulars out we will struggle to stay in the top 6 never mind auto promotion. We had enough chances in the first half to win that game and the next 2 games will sort out weather we are any good. I hope they make me eat my words, even 2 draws would be a good result at the moment and if we lost Reidy that would be the end

Romanis
17-02-2014, 12:06 PM
With 6 first team regulars out we will struggle to stay in the top 6 never mind auto promotion. We had enough chances in the first half to win that game and the next 2 games will sort out weather we are any good. I hope they make me eat my words, even 2 draws would be a good result at the moment and if we lost Reidy that would be the end

It's true we have serious injury problems and that has to be a factor as to where we will finish.

However, that's not a good enough excuse for me. Let's just look at the other teams around us.
Okay we can eliminate Leicester, they've done everything right so far. We can also say that on paper QPR and Reading have the better squads on paper. But what about Derby and Burnley?

Are all our players weaker than theirs? Yet they are churning out results as well. Bouncing back from a defeat to secure a few wins. A 2,3 or 4 game winning spell makes a lot of difference.

Despite our long unbeaten run, we

Elite_Pie
17-02-2014, 12:45 PM
the next 2 games will sort out weather we are any good.

Maybe. You'll be under high pressure and the games could get stormy. You'd better hope your promotion chance isn't blown away.

essexred52
17-02-2014, 12:58 PM
With 6 first team regulars out we will struggle to stay in the top 6 never mind auto promotion. We had enough chances in the first half to win that game and the next 2 games will sort out weather we are any good. I hope they make me eat my words, even 2 draws would be a good result at the moment and if we lost Reidy that would be the end Another thread contaminated with c@@@, getting back to the original point 2 draws won't be a bad result for us, I know how you feel today after that mess on Sunday but I'm hopeful of a result this week,

joebaker
17-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Excellent reply . Totally agree with post , having watched Swansea down to 10 men within minutes of a home leg of a playoff semi final against the reds Billy showed his lack of technical ability to turn it to our advantage

KeeptheCityGround
17-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Excellent reply . Totally agree with post , having watched Swansea down to 10 men within minutes of a home leg of a playoff semi final against the reds Billy showed his lack of technical ability to turn it to our advantage

Or you just don't know much about the way Swansea play. That team were a very good side. Many of them went on to pass the likes of Liverpool, man utd and spurs off the park in the next season.

joebaker
17-02-2014, 06:53 PM
correct , but they knew how we played and had a plan B