PDA

View Full Version : A Reasonable Points Return for Leicester/Burnley?

Romanis
17-02-2014, 11:48 AM
In a way, it's not so bad to get an unbeaten run over if it forces a change of focus and a desire to bounce back.

Take Leicester for instance, they brushed of defeat by us and went on a surge to the top.

And Burnley have done the same, I admit I did think when they started dropping points in January their season would implode, instead, they've now started to show an ability to do well away from home whilst being hard to beat at home and taking maximum points.

We should not be looking too much at the table and start assuming stuff. Automatic promotion will be tough, so long as we keep failing in turning 1-0 leads into draws late on and are unable to do as well at home as the top 2 have.

For sure, given the gap with 7th place, it would be a cataclysmic failure if we don't make the play-offs. But we shouldn't assuming the play-offs will be a walk in the park.

QPR are having a little blip, but with the talent they have, they can so easily pick up steam in the 15 games left. And look h

Romanis
17-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Lol Tricky your input has been removed/reported. Seems you're a marked man by someone.

And yes, I made a grammar mistake in the last line, better to correct it before the Teacher gets in ;D

Proof should read prove.

joebaker
17-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Burnley will be critical for me .A point against Leicester is all I expect but please Billy go for it at Burnley . If we get a goal go for another and don't be so dour away from home m

Trickytreesreds
17-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Lol Tricky your input has been removed/reported. Seems you're a marked man by someone.

And yes, I made a grammar mistake in the last line, better to correct it before the Teacher gets in ;D

Proof should read prove.

Seeing as I don't know what I put, (probably the Kylie comment)
it's hard to say. But I know who's behind it. XD XD XD

Read the other business board, unless that's gone as well. Keep your ear to the ground mate, the truth will out itself. >;)

Polish_ForestMad
17-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Burnley will be critical for me .A point against Leicester is all I expect but please Billy go for it at Burnley . If we get a goal go for another and don't be so dour away from home m
Its all well and good you sitting there telling Billy to go for it but its not you who has to meet the press to tell them why you lost 3 or 4 nil.if we did go for it and got smashed on the counter you would be on here telling us he should of played to holding players.yes we might win but away from home with them picking most there points up at turf moor a point will be good enough.
I predict 4 points,beat fester and draw and Burnley.

dam617
17-02-2014, 04:11 PM
I'd be happy with a minimum 2 points from these games - if we get 2, they get 1 each. :)

tricky1972
17-02-2014, 04:12 PM
I want 6 points

alfinyalcabo
17-02-2014, 04:18 PM
I hope you aren't playing your reserve team at Burnley again.. they played too well and were very unlucky to lose .. B)

Romanis
17-02-2014, 04:30 PM
I hope you aren't playing your reserve team at Burnley again.. they played too well and were very unlucky to lose .. B)

I think the same thing will happen as in the earlier League game, but with fortunes reversed.

In that fixture, you got your goal and we then had to go for the equaliser and then on the win. We got the first but not the other.

We have to score first and then hang on for dear life as Ings, Vokes and Co throw the kitchen sink at us. Given your outstanding home form and our reasonably good away 1, I'd be happy with a point.

joebaker
17-02-2014, 05:09 PM
I would rather face the press and the fans having gone for it than negative heart in mouth come and have a go tactics that so far have not impressed me

Romanis
17-02-2014, 05:15 PM
I thought Billy hates the press?

He answers only to Fawaz and us (as a whole), and we can more or less agree what Fawaz and we the fans, want.

Polish_ForestMad
18-02-2014, 10:24 AM
How many times in the games where we were winning and ended up drawing did we have chances to kill the game off?if our attack took more chances than what they have we would of killed them games off.i no we have scored the 3rd-4th most in the league but the chances we have missed we should be top of the scoring list.

rosenjock
18-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Has to be 4 points against 2 big promo rivals if we are to have chance of auto.

alfinyalcabo
19-02-2014, 05:00 PM

I think the same thing will happen as in the earlier League game, but with fortunes reversed.

In that fixture, you got your goal and we then had to go for the equaliser and then on the win. We got the first but not the other.

We have to score first and then hang on for dear life as Ings, Vokes and Co throw the kitchen sink at us. Given your outstanding home form and our reasonably good away 1, I'd be happy with a point.[/quote]

We have been behind in a few games lately and come back well.. Obviously i am hoping for three points against you lads,but i know it will be a hard ask,i suppose at the end of the day i would settle for a draw,a defeat though would be a bit of a disaster and unthinkable as you would be right back for the second place.. whatever the resul

Romanis
19-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Looks like we gotta be satisfied if we get 2.

The battle for the autos will be won by the team that beats more of the sides not in contention - the mid-table and bottom sides.