PDA

View Full Version : Billy Waters

lukcour
17-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Even though he only had 5 minutes on the pitch it was an impressive five minutes. Always been really keen on the lad. Think he will definitely be one for next season, along with Nolan who I think will have a big future.
Both lads should get more time in our remaining games.

If we are going to change the midfield in games make the subs Nolan or Waters. Same goes if we are going to play three in the centre midfield, Start with Nolan. He is a steady and calm player.

VindePays2009
17-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Are the arguments being rehearsed here not merely, by implication, a continuation of 'Absolute chaos'?

If so, why promote them to the status of a discrete thread?

But then again, maybe anti-Osman spite knows no bounds.

Why not get behind the lad, who must know he is struggling, and remind him that performances like that against Preston (away) last season have rarely been bettered by one of our midfielder players?

lukcour
17-02-2014, 07:44 PM
That is really disrespectful to 2 of our young up and coming players. You did not even have the decency to give them a mention, let alone any credit for their efforts.

If you are going to have a go at me at least do it on the other thread. Not on a thread that is paying tribute to two of our own

alexmick
17-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Are the arguments being rehearsed here not merely, by implication, a continuation of 'Absolute chaos'?

If so, why promote them to the status of a discrete thread?

But then again, maybe anti-Osman spite knows no bounds.

Why not get behind the lad, who must know he is struggling, and remind him that performances like that against Preston (away) last season have rarely been bettered by one of our midfielder players?

I think that most of us on here are not anti-Osman or anyone else for that matter. He is having a rough time of it for one reason or another this season. Perhaps, as one poster suggested, it is the lack of a Murphy type player alongside him, or maybe he is just out of form. I have recognised on the other thread, that Osman played a very important part in last season's successes, (decent league position / JPT win) although I just cannot see him warranting a start in the first team right now. Others have had a ro

VindePays2009
17-02-2014, 09:42 PM
Mick, you misunderstand me. Read me carefully: I am very pro our young stars. But I don't like to see a player (Osman) who is down on his luck being hounded, and that seems to me to be Lukcour's agenda at the moment.

He doesn't need to use cameo performances of a few minutes as a stick with which to beat one of our wholehearted and committed players.

When have I ever been disrespectful to the players who are our hope for the future?

There may be stirrers on this site, but they don't include me. Take a look at yourself, Lukcour.

bonehead
17-02-2014, 10:21 PM
i thought Waters looked like the best Crewe used to bring through

comfortable on the ball

aware - play him in next home game for a half

was one of the best players on the pitch

after grant - ellis and the huskey :)

Alexflyer95
17-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Totally agree would have liked him to come on earlier. Why does SD leave it so late to put subs on ?

As for the Husky - nifty footwork, good turn of speed and probably a good dribbler and appreciated by all in the rendition of "sign him up" we needed something to make us smile after Saturdays result.
p.s. Has he been signed yet ?

NEVTHEDEV
18-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Totally agree would have liked him to come on earlier. Why does SD leave it so late to put subs on ?

As for the Husky - nifty footwork, good turn of speed and probably a good dribbler and appreciated by all in the rendition of "sign him up" we needed something to make us smile after Saturdays result.
Not signed yet,as his Agent was asking for far too many Bonio`s,which is a bit rough,sorry I meant woof.(Sorry I`ll get my lead)

VindePays2009
18-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Getting away from the point of whether the dog should have been substituted at the second "arf", and on to the Wunderkinder again, it's asking a lot of them to be pitched into the number of dogfights we'll be having before the end of the season.

To adapt the well-known Alan Hansen dictum: "You don't avoid relegation by playing kids".

alexmick
18-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Mick, you misunderstand me. Read me carefully: I am very pro our young stars. But I don't like to see a player (Osman) who is down on his luck being hounded, and that seems to me to be Lukcour's agenda at the moment.

He doesn't need to use cameo performances of a few minutes as a stick with which to beat one of our wholehearted and committed players.

When have I ever been disrespectful to the players who are our hope for the future?

There may be stirrers on this site, but they don't include me. Take a look at yourself, Lukcour.

I do understand your drift, Vinde, I am not so sure that you understand mine. My response to your comments in no way implied that you were disrespectful to our players. It merely said that many on here (but not all) were pro Crewe Alex players. Having said that we can all say if we think a player is having a bad spell and needs to be kept out of the starting eleven. I was not having a go at you a

AlexLeicester
18-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Waters had a very good cameo and he gave us a glimpse of what might happen in the future, but 'swallows and summer' etc: it's far too early to tell.
He's young, he will make mistakes, he may look solid, but a few unpleasant and physical challenges will probably put him off his stride. If he gets thrown into this 2-month dog fight and comes out in May with a Div 1 team, then he deserves a medal. Until then I will hold fire and watch him develop.

out0lunch
18-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Waters had a very good cameo and he gave us a glimpse of what might happen in the future, but 'swallows and summer' etc: it's far too early to tell.
He's young, he will make mistakes, he may look solid, but a few unpleasant and physical challenges will probably put him off his stride. If he gets thrown into this 2-month dog fight and comes out in May with a Div 1 team, then he deserves a medal. Until then I will hold fire and watch him develop.

Totally agree AL

lukcour
18-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Vindel this thread was to give some praise to 2 of our up and coming players. Of course it would be at SD`s discretion at which games he gives them time on the pitch.

It was not a devious dig or continuation of another thread. I in no way or manner retract any of my comments on the other thread.

Why do you insist upon spoiling a thread with your gibberish? I take it you are an adult, why don`t you behave like one. My reasons were totally justified, if you want an explanation go back to the other thread.

NEVTHEDEV
18-02-2014, 10:02 PM

Not signed yet,as his Agent was asking for far too many Bonio`s,which is a bit rough,sorry I meant woof.(Sorry I`ll get my lead)[/quote]
Stop Press:Dos`nt want Bonus,but like the rest of us prefers Winalot!! ;D