PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell AGM 108 held at Fir Park

jwok
17-02-2014, 10:49 PM
An interesting chat with the manager & chief exec at tonight's AGM. No big news but some reassurance that we're holding our own in these difficult times. - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/motherwell_agm_108_held_at_fir_park_824961/index.shtml)

steviex
18-02-2014, 05:02 PM
An interesting chat with the manager & chief exec at tonight's AGM. No big news but some reassurance that we're holding our own in these difficult times.

Good to see the season ticket strategy is being looked at. They need to. There comes a point where their laudable desire to make football affordable to everyone starts to hurt us and I think that point has now been reached now.

Wellup4it
18-02-2014, 11:29 PM
1)Charge for the first Cup game

2) Start upping concession age to 65 gradually

3) Across the board increase in prices

Sup3rw3ll
18-02-2014, 11:45 PM

point 3 will not work, the demand is not there to make a price increase work. you will scare more away and gain very little if anything. This is a basic tenet of supply and demand. motherwell, should look to fill the 10k empty seats first, before looking to take more from the existing customer base. i.e. you do not grow a business by increasing prices and retaining the same customer base size unless you are of a highly desirable brand.

sieb1886
19-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Re Point 3
Perhaps you're being a little simplistic in your appraisal of who'll pay and who won't.
Granted, no-one likes a price increase, but there's a blatant commercial need for something to happen for the upcoming season. Can't be more than 7% IMO, but I'm sure with the benefit of hindsight, our Board would've plopped a tenner on the base season ticket price, and a pro-rata increase on other tickets the past 2 seasons. Our season ticket holders ain't as fickle as others, so I'm hopeful they'll see the logic. Besides, we all like a moan ... not going to the fitbaw at FP limits our choices somewhat ;D

Wellup4it
19-02-2014, 07:31 AM
I would think that a modest across the board increase would help. The trick is to pitch it just right - enough as would make appositive difference but not so much as will scare fans away. I would think somewhere in the region of 5-10%.

steviex
19-02-2014, 03:06 PM

point 3 will not work, the demand is not there to make a price increase work. you will scare more away and gain very little if anything. This is a basic tenet of supply and demand. motherwell, should look to fill the 10k empty seats first, before looking to take more from the existing customer base. i.e. you do not grow a business by increasing prices and retaining the same customer base size unless you are of a highly desirable brand.[/quote]

The demand is not there for new money but the demand is their to increase existing money as most who attend now are die hards and I've yet to meet a die hard who think it is unreasonable to pay more for their season tickets.

steviex
19-02-2014, 03:11 PM
I would think that a modest across the board increase would help. The trick is to pitch it just right - enough as would make appositive difference but not so much as will scare fans away. I would think somewhere in the region of 5-10%.

A 10 per cent increase will increase most east stand tickets by AŁ27 a season (50 pence a week) that will do zero for us . Scottish Power raising the charges would wipe that out in one go. We need to be looking to closer to 20 per cent.