View Full Version : Man City vs Barcelona

Mook1
18-02-2014, 02:09 PM
On ITV1 tonight, 7:45pm kick off.

I fancy a tight City win.

And Reve to come on & tell us it was Messi's fault :D

Brother_AL_2
18-02-2014, 02:31 PM
2-2 all out attacking football. Should be a great game.

bwfcforever
18-02-2014, 04:53 PM
2-1 man city

first time these 2 sides have played a competative game oddly

AguyIknow
18-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Could be a very open game but frequently these don't live up to the pre-match promise. Hopefully it'll be a 10 goal thriller

DannyBhoy
18-02-2014, 04:59 PM
2-1 man city

first time these 2 sides have played a competative game oddly

Why is it odd?

Man City were nowhere for years, it's only recently they've started playing top level European football.

bwfcforever
18-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Odd , that 2 bigs ( doesnt matter city have been out of it ) havent meet before in a competitive game

Dirty_Dingus_Magee
18-02-2014, 05:06 PM
It's bound to be pysh as pretty much every hyped up game is.

Poguemahone
18-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Had a wee bet on 2-1 and 3-1 to Barca.

AguyIknow
18-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Odd , that 2 bigs ( doesnt matter city have been out of it ) havent meet before in a competitive game

Big Names??? Weren't Man City in the third tier a few years back. Barca are a big in Europe, and for a competitive game between two teams from different leagues then it is in European competition they'd only have met.

Don't recall Man City having been in Europe too many years tbh.

bwfcforever
18-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Perhaps I am older & remember city playing in europe quite often mate , all be it a good few yrs back etc

CB_1874
18-02-2014, 06:54 PM

Big Names??? Weren't Man City in the third tier a few years back. Barca are a big in Europe, and for a competitive game between two teams from different leagues then it is in European competition they'd only have met.

Don't recall Man City having been in Europe too many years tbh.[/quote]

Man City had a great team in the late 60s and early 70s and were European regulars. They also won a European trophy.

JimmyHaze
18-02-2014, 07:22 PM
4-0 City

BertrandRussell
18-02-2014, 07:26 PM
I think it'll be a 1-1 disappointment. The second leg will be better.

JimmyHaze
18-02-2014, 07:48 PM
thats me bored already of this game, going to watch something else

Mook1
19-02-2014, 01:22 PM
That was a bit of a bumming for City then.

Thought the foul for the penalty was outside the box but Barcelona also had a perfectly good goal chalked off for offside.

I know it's the done thing to say Barcelona are boring these days but I could watch them pass the baw about aw day, Xavi is scary at times.

Crewe_loves_Gorgie
19-02-2014, 03:06 PM

Thought the foul for the penalty was outside the box but Barcelona also had a perfectly good goal chalked off for offside.

I know it's the done thing to say Barcelona are boring these days but I could watch them pass the baw about aw day, Xavi is scary at times.

With you having stated how much you hate Mancs I thought you would have been laying the boot in a bit more than this, and you can't get more Manc than City :)

happytim
19-02-2014, 04:10 PM
barca were poor last night in the areas they need to be better.

thats creating chances, whats the point of keeping the ball and passing it several ***dred times if you cant create many chances.

its easy to see why when they play in the knockout stages of the cl they dont have a good record in recent years, for a side of that suppossed talent means there is something wrong with thier style.

that said they deserved to win but got lucky with the penalty, also might have been a freekick leading up to it, which pulled the city defence out of position.

CB_1874
19-02-2014, 04:12 PM

With you having stated how much you hate Mancs I thought you would have been laying the boot in a bit more than this, and you can't get more Manc than City :)[/quote]

Mook thinks he hate Mancs. I would guess he knows less than two but he still hates them. :D

CB_1874
19-02-2014, 04:13 PM
barca were poor last night in the areas they need to be better.

thats creating chances, whats the point of keeping the ball and passing it several ***dred times if you cant create many chances.

its easy to see why when they play in the knockout stages of the cl they dont have a good record in recent years, for a side of that suppossed talent means there is something wrong with thier style.

that said they deserved to win but got lucky with the penalty, also might have been a freekick leading up to it, which pulled the city defence out of position.

You forgot to mention the perfectly good goal they scored that got chopped off for offside.

Mook1
19-02-2014, 04:26 PM

With you having stated how much you hate Mancs I thought you would have been laying the boot in a bit more than this, and you can't get more Manc than City :)[/quote]

Liverpool supporters generally refer to Man Utd as 'the mancs' & Man City as 'City'. I don't think I've ever said I hate people from Manchester or Man City. I've got some good mates from in & around Manchester.

DannyBhoy
19-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Before kick off, Barca would have been happy with 0-0 last night, so they came and played well within themselves, and walked away with a comfortable 2-0 victory.

Man City were beat before they walked on the park, I don't think their players had enough belief that they could really trouble Barcelona.

Crewe_loves_Gorgie
19-02-2014, 06:05 PM

Liverpool supporters generally refer to Man Utd as 'the mancs' & Man City as 'City'. I don't think I've ever said I hate people from Manchester or Man City. I've got some good mates from in & around Manchester.[/quote]

Stop telling porkies mook, you have stated several times that you hate mancs.

If you really knew anything about the city of Liverpool and the city of Ma

bwfcforever
19-02-2014, 06:08 PM
nought wrong with us mancs :blue: :blue: were sound lads ...

Crewe_loves_Gorgie
19-02-2014, 06:09 PM
nought wrong with us mancs :blue: :blue: were sound lads ...

You try to hard to pretend you are from Crewe ;D

bwfcforever
19-02-2014, 06:16 PM
more staffs

but a nice place IMO

DeeMo
19-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Before kick off, Barca would have been happy with 0-0 last night, so they came and played well within themselves, and walked away with a comfortable 2-0 victory.

Man City were beat before they walked on the park, I don't think their players had enough belief that they could really trouble Barcelona. That is exactly what I thought Danny. It was very strange like the City players didn't think they could beat Barcelona even though they were at home where they have an amazing record. I bet the Barcelona players were shocked how easily they came away with a two goal lead

Crewe_loves_Gorgie
19-02-2014, 06:25 PM
more staffs

but a nice place IMO

Staffs nice >:)

FPV

FSC

Mook1
19-02-2014, 08:06 PM

Liverpool supporters generally refer to Man Utd as 'the mancs' & Man City as 'City'. I don't think I've ever said I hate people from Manchester or Man City. I've got some good mates from in & around Manchester.[/quote]

Stop telling porkies mook, you have stated several times that you hate mancs.

If you really knew