PDA

View Full Version : The Tuesday Night Other Matches Thread

WOODLANDSWOLF
18-02-2014, 02:57 PM
babysitting the office this afternoon, I'm the only one here, so will be streaming the City/Barca game. Should be a blinder, have no idea which way the game will go though.

Will also be keeping an eye on the Orient/Stevenage game although I don't really expect an upset.

Woking88
18-02-2014, 03:36 PM
I agree on the Orient v Stevenage game, Woody. However, Stevenage have beaten Gillingham 3-1 and Swindon 2-0 at home and Doncaster of The Championship 3-2 away in the Cup in their last seven matches. They lost 1-0 at Oldham, 0-1 at home to Notts County, 0-4 at home to Everton in the Cup. In their last match, they lost 2-1 at Rotherham but had 61% possession. With 10 shots, 4 on target against Rotherham's 9 with 5 on target.

Orient also lost 2-1 at Rotherham and with 3 defeats and a draw out of their last four matches they will fancy their chances. Stevenage have shown they are no mugs. Let's just hope that they are up for it tonight! :)

WOODLANDSWOLF
18-02-2014, 03:46 PM
I agree on the Orient v Stevenage game, Woody. However, Stevenage have beaten Gillingham 3-1 and Swindon 2-0 at home and Doncaster of The Championship 3-2 away in the Cup in their last seven matches. They lost 1-0 at Oldham, 0-1 at home to Notts County, 0-4 at home to Everton in the Cup. In their last match, they lost 2-1 at Rotherham but had 61% possession. With 10 shots, 4 on target against Rotherham's 9 with 5 on target.

Orient also lost 2-1 at Rotherham and with 3 defeats and a draw out of their last four matches they will fancy their chances. Stevenage have shown they are no mugs. Let's just hope that they are up for it tonight! :)

Some hope there then, fingers crossed.

wolves71
18-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Manchester City v Barcelona live on ITV1, as above, one to look forward to. Barcelona are still a team that can destroy the opposition.

MichiganWolf
18-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Probably going to tune into PSG-Leverkusen as well. I rarely turn down a chance to watch Ibra play.

But I'll be keeping an eye on the other matches, both in CL and in the Football League.

essexwolf
18-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Manchester City v Barcelona live on ITV1, as above, one to look forward to. Barcelona are still a team that can destroy the opposition.

Have been looking forward to this one , should be a cracker. Which probably means it will be a 0-0 draw.;)

wolves71
18-02-2014, 07:29 PM

Have been looking forward to this one , should be a cracker. Which probably means it will be a 0-0 draw.;)[/quote]

More than likely, but neither side will sit back.

TundraWolf
18-02-2014, 07:37 PM
I see Crawley has postponed another match, they have played 7 fewer league games than Bristol City, that means a lot of Tuesday fixtures in their future!

Hope Stevenage can win, but would be happy if the nipped a draw against LO!

wolves71
18-02-2014, 07:41 PM
I see Crawley has postponed another match, they have played 7 fewer league games than Bristol City, that means a lot of Tuesday fixtures in their future!

They haven't played since 25th January, fixtures are going to pile up, this one again postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Evewolf65
18-02-2014, 07:53 PM

They haven't played since 25th January, fixtures are going to pile up, this one again postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.[/quote]

Was watching the game from Swindon's County ground last night their pitch is in a shocking state so I dread to think what Crawley's and Stevenage's are gonna be like when playable. :s

WOODLANDSWOLF
18-02-2014, 07:57 PM
Barca making City look Neanderthal at the moment.

wolves71
18-02-2014, 07:58 PM

They haven't played since 25th January, fixtures are going to pile up, this one again postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.[/quote]

Was watching the game from Swindon's County ground last night their pitch is in a shocking state so I dread to think what Crawley's and Stevenage's are gonna be like when playable. :s[/quote]

I only saw the penalty shootout of the Swindon game, so didn't really see the true state of the pitch. I've said a few times this season, the level we find ourselves at, we need to get out and up this season. There's even talk of Crawley having to play their home fixtures elsewhere.

wolves71
18-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Orient 1-0 up :blue:

Evewolf65
18-02-2014, 08:06 PM

Was watching the game from Swindon's County ground last night their pitch is in a shocking state so I dread to think what Crawley's and Stevenage's are gonna be like when playable. :s[/quote]

I only saw the penalty shootout of the Swindon game, so didn't really see the true state of the pitch. I've said a few times this season, the level we find ourselves at, we need to get out and up this season. There's even talk of Crawley having

WOODLANDSWOLF
18-02-2014, 08:12 PM
City warming up now, had a couple of chances.

TundraWolf
18-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Leyton Orient 2-0 Stevenage...turn out the lights the party is over!:blue: :blue:

wolves71
18-02-2014, 08:14 PM

I only saw the penalty shootout of the Swindon game, so didn't really see the true state of the pitch. I've said a few times this season, the level we find ourselves at, we need to get out and up th

Evewolf65
18-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Orient ripping Stevenage a new one after 20 minutes this is what we need to do!

wolves71
18-02-2014, 08:46 PM
If score is still the same with about fif**** minutes to go, i think Man.City should bring Dzeko on to unsettle Valdes. He's looked shaky when challenged for the ball.

WOODLANDSWOLF
18-02-2014, 08:54 PM
If score is still the same with about fif**** minutes to go, i think Man.City should bring Dzeko on to unsettle Valdes. He's looked shaky when challenged for the ball.

I was thinking the same myself mate. In fact I would bring him on earlier. Definitely looked vulnerable to the big ball down the middle. They don't like it up em!

wolves71
18-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Barcelona 1-0 up, Messi from the spot, once ref's give the penalty, he has no choice but to send Demichelis off.

WOODLANDSWOLF
18-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Barcelona 1-0 up, Messi from the spot, once ref's give the penalty, he has no choice but to send Demichelis off.

Definitely a pen. City will have to be careful they don't get whipped here now.

Extra defender on, good move.

wolves71
18-02-2014, 09:02 PM

Definitely a pen. City will have to be careful they don't get whipped here now.

Extra defender on, good move.[/quote]

Lescott on, hopefully he can have an impact. It just goes to show the fine margins as Messi was about to go through on goal as i thought looking at it again that Kompany could have played him offside.

I still think Dzeko may come on if City let another goal in.

wolves71
18-02-2014, 09:10 PM
Alves just had the chance to put Barcelona 2-0 up, i think if that was Messi or Sanchez in the same situation, it probably would be.

WOODLANDSWOLF
18-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Alves just had the chance to put Barcelona 2-0 up, i think if that was Messi or Sanchez in the same situation, it probably would be.

City looking more dangerous now than they have all game!

wolves71
18-02-2014, 09:23 PM

City looking more dangerous now than they have all game![/quote]

Big chance for Silva that Valdes held onto. I think Man.City are a better side when Nasri is playing, he offers a different outlet to the one Navas does.

WOODLANDSWOLF
18-02-2014, 09:30 PM

Big chance for Silva that Valdes held onto. I think Man.City are a better side when Nasri is playing, he offers a different outlet to the one Navas does.[/quote]

He is certainly a more physical presence. City deserve something out of this game though the way they have played.

wolves71
18-02-2014, 09:32 PM

Big chance for Silva that Valdes held onto. I think Man.City are a better side when Nasri is playing, he offers a different outlet to the one Navas does.[/quote]

He is certainly a more physical presence. City deserve something out of this game though the way they have played.[/quote]

A goal would've been nice for them, best chance really was the Silva effort.

Good finish from Alves, 2-0 and a big ask in the second leg for Man.City now.

WOODLANDSWOLF
18-02-2014, 09:34 PM

He is certainly a more physical presence. City deserve something out of this game though the way they have played.[/quote]

A goal would've been nice for them, best chance really was the Silva effort.

Good finish from Alves, 2-0 and a big ask in the second leg for Man.City now.[/quote]

No justice eh!

wolves71
18-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Wolves down to third on goal different, finished 2-0 Orient. Mk Dons and PNE finished 0-0.

MichiganWolf
18-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Personally, I would have tried to just head to Camp Nou down 1-0, as opposed to pushing forward and risking giving up another. City were tired those last few minutes. That second goal is demoralizing. You go from having to win 1-0 or 2-1 at Camp Nou to now having to win 2-0 or 3-1. I think the former is very possible, the latter...incredibly unlikely.

But I guess City couldn't deny who they are - an attacking team - even with 10 men.

theplater
18-02-2014, 10:22 PM
It was a sending off regardless whether the ref gave a penalty even a free kick would have seen him walk as Messi was through on goal. I don't blame the ref for giving a pen although slo-mo replays suggest it might have just been outside. The 5 mins after that told me Kompany was wrong in his after-match assessment. Barcalona are the best team they have played this season and the panel were right with their comments imo. City might have had a couple of chances but Fabrigas was onside for the disallowed goal, a poor decision by the linesman, and I thought Barca looked like they could have gone up a couple of gears had they wanted to. Just my opinion for what its worth.

greystone16
19-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Goal average playing its part this is why we must be more ruthless when dominating play and start getting the goals. If, as it is so tight, we could fall short just because we were a goal or two adrift.

Woking88
19-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Goal average playing its part this is why we must be more ruthless when dominating play and start getting the goals. If, as it is so tight, we could fall short just because we were a goal or two adrift.

I totally agree, Greystone. When you look at our shot count to goals scored, it does provoke some questions.

Still, we have a better GD than Brentford and two games in hand over Orient. If we can't get at least the point needed from those games in hand, then there really should be some questions asked! :/