PDA

View Full Version : you and us.

BileysThere
18-02-2014, 08:13 PM
You have been dumped out of both cups, your charge for the CL was quickly replaced with a go at the Europa only to be now settling for safety, your "in the don we trust" made his escape and you're left with a woman who probably does'nt care about your club. Your best players are destined to be elsewhere as usual. So you can probably guess that it's a source of great joy on the right side of Hants. I could say WTFILN but really I would rather ask you for your thoughts on both our fortunes at the moment.

kernow
18-02-2014, 08:33 PM
I would say our season is pretty much over and PFC will be fighting to stay up which they will probably achieve from what I've seen.

As you never go and watch them you'll just have to trust me.

Bazwalk
18-02-2014, 08:41 PM
After a bad week we are 8 places from the top of Division 1. After a good week you are 8 places from the bottom of Division 4.

I will take that O:)

BileysThere
18-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Thanks Kernow for that. Living on the west coast of Ireland means more than a few hours drive.
Still as long as we both agree that our hopes for the season have been dashed. :)

BileysThere
18-02-2014, 08:46 PM
After a bad week we are 8 places from the top of Division 1. After a good week you are 8 places from the bottom of Division 4.

I will take that O:)

After so much promise are you happy with the way things have panned out then Baz?

kernow
18-02-2014, 08:47 PM
So you hope PFC will relegated ?
Yes we both agree on that.

BileysThere
18-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Kernow :( You know what i meant. Obviously you you are disappointed with no hope of silverware again but at least you can't say we cheated you this time.

Bazwalk
18-02-2014, 08:57 PM
After an early season of "relatively" easy fixtures and performing really well the press hyped us up.

After several injuries we fell back. I have supported the Saints for many years and cannot remember us being safe in the top division in February since the 80s.

So, League wise I am happy. What I cannot understand was the last match. Ok, we fielded a weakened team; but they should have been capable of beating Sunderland ! Best chance of an FA Cup since 2003 and they blew it.

If MP does go in the summer I hope we get a manager who understands English fans and their expectations, ie. Alan Shearer.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I think you will easily stay up. Hopefully we will draw each other next year.

kernow
18-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Alan Shearer !? :O
Not sure I'd like to see him as Saints manager.
He already left us once when a better ambition came along and didn't make a very good job of keeping Newcastle in the PL.
Not for me.

BileysThere
18-02-2014, 09:09 PM
[quote="Bazwalk" easy fixtures and performing really well the press hyped us up.

After several injuries we fell back. I have supported the Saints for many years and cannot remember us being safe in the top division in February since the 80s.

So, League wise I am happy. What I cannot understand was the last match. Ok, we fielded a weakened team; but they should have been capable of beating Sunderland ! Best chance of an FA Cup since 2003 and they blew it.

If MP does go in the summer I hope we get a manager who understands English fans and their expectations, ie. Alan Shearer.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I think you will easily stay up. Hopefully we will draw each other next year.[/quote]

Fair play to you Baz, i remember being very disappointed in 2008 with after reaching the cup final our players blew a chance of a top 7 finish. Good luck for the rest of the season.

kernow
18-02-2014, 09:16 PM
Considering our situation in 2009, a bad year personally and in the trivial football sense. I'm just happy to still have a life and a favourite football team.

I guess you and us have that much in common.

Bazwalk
18-02-2014, 09:22 PM
My year was 2007, but I totally agree.

OhWell
18-02-2014, 09:34 PM
Sorry to disappoint you but my hopes for this season haven't been dashed at all. I had hoped that we might finish in the top 8 and qualify for Europe and we are still in with a good chance of doing that.

From what I read of Worzel hopes at the beginning of the season, you expected to get promoted, and hoped to win League 2. There is no doubt about it, your hopes have not only been dashed, they have been destroyed.

Grannie64
18-02-2014, 09:50 PM
My only expectation this year was a higher finish than last year, hopefully job done anything else would have been a bonus. Even early on I could not see it lasting as I have realistic view of the squad we have, it's still two or three players short of a real challenge against the top half of the table. Disappointed with the result Saturday but there is always next year.
Hopefully you have the Skrill to look forward to, but you may just survive for another season.
Any expectation must be tempered with reality, hat a lot you Skates have a tenuous grasp of, as a colleague of mine who has a season ticket of pain to derelict shed in Portsmyth openly admits you have a sh!t team playing sh!t football and if you escape relegation it will be a bonus.

st_bangkok
19-02-2014, 06:12 AM
The opening post could not be more wrong. Firstly we were never going openly for the CL. Secondly it was clear we did not want to win the cup and MP has even gone on record saying he does NOT want to qualify for the EL. So not sure exactly how our hopes have been dashed.:?

BileysThere
19-02-2014, 05:53 PM
The opening post could not be more wrong. Firstly we were never going openly for the CL. Secondly it was clear we did not want to win the cup and MP has even gone on record saying he does NOT want to qualify for the EL. So not sure exactly how our hopes have been dashed.:?

Sadly bang you confirm Saints history in a single post.No ambition apart from survival. :(

kernow
19-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Saints' youth development policy refutes the "no of ambition apart from survival" accusation.

Even if the best talent gets poached it demonstrates sustainability if nothing else.

Ambition at the cost of self survival?
Ambition at the cost of the survival of others ? The Pompey Way ?

No thanks.I'd give up following football and take up DIY and gardening.

BileysThere
19-02-2014, 07:47 PM
[quote="kernow" accusation.

Even if the best talent gets poached it demonstrates sustainability if nothing else.

Ambition at the cost of self survival?
Ambition at the cost of the survival of others ? The Pompey Way ?

No thanks.I'd give up following football and take up DIY and gardening.[/quote]

If you really had a football conscience you would have given up years ago. The game is not about football anymore, not anywhere, grabbing what you can is the way of things now, our history beats yours and unless sfc can show a better way then you cannot take any moral highground.

kernow
19-02-2014, 07:52 PM
You talk of history and beating us and being better than us, or is it only us ? You lot think you're the best ! It's well documented.

I live in hope that there is a better way and no wish to moralise.

Anyway, shouldn't you be setting light to the galley !?

BileysThere
19-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Not so much about being better or beating you, more about how we go to extremes, we could never be accused of waiting around whereas you seem to waste every great opportunity you get.
Lunch and breakfast only at this time of the year.

Grannie64
19-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Not so much about being better or beating you, more about how we go to extremes, we could never be accused of waiting around whereas you seem to waste every great opportunity you get.

The master of pointless drivel, carry on believing your team is better due to your boom and bust attitude. You are a sh!t team playing in the 4th tier of English football that is not going to change over night.

PapaLazarou
19-02-2014, 08:23 PM
Not so much about being better or beating you, more about how we go to extremes...

Based on what, exactly ? One FA Cup victory in living memory, closely followed by an embarrassing and humiliating slide into oblivion ? I think you've been taken in by your own deluded and desperate hype, fella..

I'll happily take our one cup win (well within my living memory) and our position in the top half of the Premier League, with our UEFA4* stadium, our elite academy and our bright future over your 'extremes' any day of the week..

PapaLazarou
19-02-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm glad this isn't us..

http://i58.tinypic.com/oaqia8.jpg

XD

BileysThere
19-02-2014, 08:34 PM

The master of pointless drivel, carry on believing your team is better due to your boom and bust attitude. You are a sh!t team playing in the 4th tier of English football that is not going to change over night.[/quote]

Just 5 yrs ago we were a good team winning another trophy whilst you were watching the telly dreaming of our fortune, now we languish whilst you have it all apart from what really counts. WE "EXTREME" while you are cozy in an empty bed.

Grannie64
19-02-2014, 09:00 PM
5 years ago your were an over paid team punching above your weight, unable to fairly pay your way, who managed to win silverware.And just like last time failure to invest in infrastructure has resulted that within that five years you have collapsed to verge of extinction which is still a possibility, especially if things do not improve. Currently those Portsmyth fans who are subjecting themselves to utter dire football week in week are the only thing keeping the club afloat. But if it doesn't improve how long will it last, one or two seasons. Will they allow the club to rebuild properly or will they demand more boom and bust? As stated elsewhere I work with one of yours that has made that donation share and he says watching them at the moment is painful(Sh!t team playing sh!t football and lucky if you escape relegation.

ozzy62
20-02-2014, 01:27 AM
Shearer FFS.

Get off the whoopie weed.:D

st_bangkok
20-02-2014, 07:10 AM

Sadly bang you confirm Saints history in a single post.No ambition apart from survival. :([/quote]

Make up your mind. Were we aiming for the CL or have we no ambition, you two comments are in contradiction.

BileysThere
20-02-2014, 05:01 PM

Sadly bang you confirm Saints history in a single post.No ambition apart from survival. :([/quote]

Make up your mind. Were we aiming for the CL or have we no ambition, you two comments are in contradiction.[/quote]

I think you need to reread your original post and then make up your mind.What ambitions do you have?

st_bangkok
21-02-2014, 06:08 AM
No no no, you made a quite clear statement then contradicted it. Just wondering which you are going to choose. Have we lowered ambitions, which we never had in the first place, have none??/ Make up your mind young lady.

OhWell
21-02-2014, 10:59 AM
One thing's for sure my ambition is not to see my club run by a bunch of amateurs and playing in a League Two relegation struggle.

BileysThere
21-02-2014, 06:15 PM
No no no, you made a quite clear statement then contradicted it. Just wondering which you are going to choose. Have we lowered ambitions, which we never had in the first place, have none??/ Make up your mind young lady.

FFS bang i said your CL campaign was finished to which you reply you didnt have a Cl campaign so i said you have no ambition etc.
We could go on forever unless you make your mind up.

BileysThere
21-02-2014, 06:19 PM
5 years ago your were an over paid team punching above your weight, unable to fairly pay your way, who managed to win silverware.And just like last time failure to invest in infrastructure has resulted that within that five years you have collapsed to verge of extinction which is still a possibility, especially if things do not improve. Currently those Portsmyth fans who are subjecting themselves to utter dire football week in week are the only thing keeping the club afloat. But if it doesn't improve how long will it last, one or two seasons. Will they allow the club to rebuild properly or will they demand more boom and bust? As stated elsewhere I work with one of yours that has made that donation share and he says watching them at the moment is painful(Sh!t team playing sh!t football and lucky if you escape relegation.

"My mate said this,my mate said that" Really do have to prove you have a mate?
We have highs and lows while yo

OhWell
21-02-2014, 07:12 PM
"We have highs and lows while you barely flatline"

Classic portsmyth and complete and utter bullsh!t.

Pompey's highest high in the last sixty years is just 8th (once, in 2008). Nearly all of the rest of those years have been spent struggling at the bottom of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th divisions. With the exception of the one little blip (your cheating phase), the last sixty years have been one long low for you. You are perennial bottom dwellers.

Meanwhile, this will be the tenth year of those sixty that Saints have finished in the top eight in the country.

The truth is Saints are regularly near the top while Pompey are perennial bottom dwellers. Portsmouth - the club that barely exists.

Grannie64
21-02-2014, 07:29 PM

"My mate said this,my mate said that" Really do have to prove

BileysThere
21-02-2014, 08:18 PM

"My mate said t

proclaimer
22-02-2014, 01:03 AM
[quote="BileysThere" made his escape and you're left with a woman who probably does'nt care about your club. Your best players are destined to be elsewhere as usual. So you can probably guess that it's a source of great joy on the right side of Hants. I could say WTFILN but really I would rather ask you for your thoughts on both our fortunes at the moment.[/quote]

Can we do nearest the pin?

Before a ball was kicked this season I think the mood of Saints fans on here (and I know mine was) went something like this

Improve on last season, Stay clear of any relegation issues, Stay around top ten.

... and on the dark side?

Play off's at least, Promotion, We are going to pi55 this league.

So who is nearest the pin?????

BileysThere
22-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Can we do nearest the pin?

Before a ball was kicked this season I think the mood of Saints fans on here (and I know mine was) went something like this

Improve on last season, Stay clear of any relegation issues, Stay around top ten.

... and on the dark side?

Play off's at least, Promotion, We are going to pi55 this league.

So who is nearest the pin?????

"Pin the tail

OhWell
22-02-2014, 08:46 PM
Perennial bottom dwellers:

synergy

Posted 22 Feb 2014 17:43
re: How many will be at FP after today's shambles...
I've missed the last seven home games. The football is absolutely dire and I refuse to waste any more emotion and time going to FP to see that absolute crap.

I may pop back once before the end of the season to say farewell to the friends on the North stand. But renew the season tickets - no chance. Twenty years of attendance are about to end.

Oh, I reckon at least a couple more years in Division 4 before many years in Division 3. Football nothingness for years and you can count me out.

suicide

Posted 22 Feb 2014 18:06
I admire your optimism Syn, do you really think this bunch of self abusers are capable of staying in div 4 for a few years? - view external link (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111502303)

BileysThere
22-02-2014, 09:06 PM
A pissed off fan giving out?? You have plenty of those all of a sudden, rather then trawl the board for comfort i reckon you should just accept things ain't gonna happen this season.
2015 will see you under new management and possibly new foreign owners so bitter disappointment might turn into new expectancy.
Warm up those second place thoughts moosh.

OhWell
23-02-2014, 09:47 AM
Your new stadium plans: - view external link (http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=537640)

saintwayne
23-02-2014, 10:02 AM
I may pop back once before the end of the season to say farewell to the friends on the North stand. But renew the season tickets - no chance. Twenty years of attendance are about to end.

Oh, I reckon at least a couple more years in Division 4 before many years in Division 3. Football nothingness for years and you can count me out.

suicide

I admire your optimism Syn, do you really think this bunch of self abusers are capable of staying in div 4 for a few years?

But it was all worth it for that FA Cup 'win'. XD XD

Rats deserting a sinking ship. XD

BileysThere
23-02-2014, 06:57 PM

suicide

I admire your optimism Syn, do you really think this bunch of self abusers are capable of staying in div 4 for a few years?

Rats deserting a sinking ship. XD[/quote]

You do like to dig up old posts but i don't suppose you could find the ones saying the don is taking us to a new level? Stuff like that?
Gates of 15000 plus in the lg2 show that nobody's deserting yet.

PapaLazarou
24-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Us and you...

http://i60.tinypic.com/2cdbdzb.jpg

Pentridge
24-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Tbf Paps, I'd probably do that dirty looking bint next to Pinder...

PapaLazarou
24-02-2014, 03:54 PM

Never any doubt, Pents.. XD

Pentridge
24-02-2014, 03:57 PM
You know me oh so well.

(Just out of the operation, will phone you tomorrow re. Palace tickets, fingers crossed that I'll be ok to go)

PapaLazarou
24-02-2014, 04:01 PM
(Just out of the operation, will phone you tomorrow re. Palace tickets, fingers crossed that I'll be ok to go)

Hope the op went well and that it's not too uncomfortable - you can fill me in on all the gory details tomorrow.. :D

Pentridge
24-02-2014, 04:05 PM
All good mate, speak soon.

PapaLazarou
24-02-2014, 04:06 PM
All good mate..

Excellent news.. B)

BileysThere
24-02-2014, 05:04 PM

I thought she was you?

BileysThere
24-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Us and you...

http://i60.tinypic.com/2cdbdzb.jpg

Pepe using pictures, didn't see that coming. :zzz:

PapaLazarou
24-02-2014, 05:17 PM

They speak a thousand words, Bile, and make it easier for you to comprehend the cavernous gulf that exists between respective clubs..

No need to thank me for the consideration of your needs..

chief_wiggam
24-02-2014, 05:20 PM

I prefer the dirty looking bint next to Pinder.

BileysThere
24-02-2014, 05:24 PM

I prefer the dirty looking bint next to Pinder.[/quote]

The um ugly ones always seem to be more adventurous Chief.

BileysThere
24-02-2014, 05:26 PM

They speak a thousand words, Bile, and make it easier for you to comprehend the cavernous gulf that exists between respective clubs..

No need to thank me for the consideration of your needs..[/quote]

Your'e so kind, i can't wait for the italics.

PapaLazarou
24-02-2014, 05:30 PM

It would appear that [further] lessons in capitalisation and basic punctuation are rather more pressing..

BileysThere
24-02-2014, 05:49 PM

It would appear that [further] lessons in capitalisation and basic punctuation are rather more pressing..[/quote]

I agree you do need to work on Capitalisation.

PapaLazarou
24-02-2014, 07:23 PM

Oh dear - either you are aged about 10, or you are worryingly dim.

Whichever it is, you certainly do a first rate job of making yourself look supremely witless at times - and to achieve it on such a regular basis, and without help or interference from anyone else, is really quite entertaining.

Truly special.. XD

BileysThere
24-02-2014, 07:36 PM

Oh dear - either you are aged about 10, or you are worryingly dim.

Whichever it is, you certainly do a first rate job of making yourself look supremely witless at times - and to achieve it on such a regular basis, and without help or interference from anyone else, is really quite entertaining.

Truly special.. XD[/quote]

Thank you pepe, i enjoy playing your game and allowing your disappointment in the season to fester. That's special. XD

BileysThere
02-03-2014, 06:00 PM

Le tiss seems to think so. ;D

proclaimer
02-03-2014, 10:28 PM
I doubt a sound bite really means that MLT would have preferred us to have a succession of owners, real or imaginary, prepared to rape our club of everything while fans so blinkered about trophy's stood by and let it happen.

Still if it makes you happy then enjoy. ;D

BileysThere
03-03-2014, 06:27 PM
I doubt a sound bite really means that MLT would have preferred us to have a succession of owners, real or imaginary, prepared to rape our club of everything while fans so blinkered about trophy's stood by and let it happen.

Still if it makes you happy then enjoy. ;D

It makes me happy that we got something out of the mess caused by people who had no concern for the welfare of PFC, something outside the control of fans i might add. Do you think that our situation would be any different without that cup win?
The fans of Pompey have earned that 'blinkered trophy'.