PDA

View Full Version : Didn't deserve to lose.

aussieowl
18-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Thought we played well against a good side...keep that level of performance up & we'll be more than OK.

braggyowl
19-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Agreed aussie...The ref was an idiot..He'll look back at the vid on this match and be ashamed (or should be) he really was poor..Third rate at best.

We played them off the park tonight, especially second half...Two cleared off the line for them...To come away with nothing is unreal.

The best side lost tonight and that's a fact.

Katchouro
19-02-2014, 12:23 AM
Agreed aussie...The ref was an idiot..He'll look back at the vid on this match and be ashamed (or should be) he really was poor..Third rate at best.

We played them off the park tonight, especially second half...Two cleared off the line for them...To come away with nothing is unreal.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2rwnuxe.jpg

You missed a treat on the radio braggy. Tewd Carlton has come in for some stick from our lot for the garbage he's been spouting ... he praised the ref and described you lot as having 'no real quality'.

He then said you're shoe ins for the Semi final and you should play weakened teams in the league whilst you're still in the Cup. XD

I love a good wind up but I've got nowt on old Pob.

helmut_rooster
19-02-2014, 07:26 AM
Was a great goal that won it, that little bit of class we was missing.

Either way Katch, were still 9 points clear of the trap door in the championship, not all bad is it mate ;)

Rotherhamowl10
19-02-2014, 09:17 AM
I thought we were the better team - and so did Steve Mcclaren - but as helmut said, the game was won by an absolute quality strike. I still dont know how he got the power in it from that angle.

We are missing a quality forward, someone like that "waste of a loan signing" Wickham. It was obvious Best needs match fitness, but hopefully he will come good and provide that bit of quality we need.

Katch, this is a thread about championship football, not a league 1 relegation battle!

braggyowl
19-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Don't worry Roth...He'll not be posting on here for about another year after 8th of March...Providing we can turn Charlton over of course. ;)

hirstyboywonder
19-02-2014, 06:53 PM
I thought we were the better team - and so did Steve Mcclaren - but as helmut said, the game was won by an absolute quality strike. I still dont know how he got the power in it from that angle.

We are missing a quality forward, someone like that "waste of a loan signing" Wickham. It was obvious Best needs match fitness, but hopefully he will come good and provide that bit of quality we need.

Katch, this is a thread about championship football, not a league 1 relegation battle!

It was an enjoyable game to watch, unfortunately won by a wonder strike.
I thought Gray made the wrong sub though. Maguire wasn't playing well and Best didn't look unduly knackered. Once Best had gone off we had no one to hold the ball up and it became too easy for the Derby defenders to get the ball back.

PeteWaller
19-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Thought we played well against a good side...keep that level of performance up & we'll be more than OK.

Still, you did !!!

Deserve or otherwise counts for JS.

aussieowl
19-02-2014, 10:00 PM

Still, you did !!!

Deserve or otherwise counts for JS.[/quote]

Agreed in so much as no points are awarded, however, a good performance bodes well for future games & as such does, in my humble opinion, count for something...hope that helps to explain my 'opinion' of the game as I saw it...apologies for any upset caused.

Katchouro
19-02-2014, 10:36 PM
Was last night what constitutes for a good performance then? Sounded like a lot of huff and puff pub team style tactics from a playing squad devoid of discernible Championship quality.

A big Family Fortunes style 'Der - Der' for Gray throwing in Best and Gardner straight into the team as well. Amateurish management from the rookie Gray right there ... showing just why Mandaric was so reluctant to give him the gig.

hirstyboywonder
19-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Was last night what constitutes for a good performance then? Sounded like a lot of huff and puff pub team style tactics from a playing squad devoid of discernible Championship quality.

A big Family Fortunes style 'Der - Der' for Gray throwing in Best and Gardner straight into the team as well. Amateurish management from the rookie Gray right there ... showing just why Mandaric was so reluctant to give him the gig.

So last night it was Man City Barca on the TV but you chose instead to listen to your rivals on the radio in order to give us your in-depth (inaccurate) analysis of our game. I'll take the opinion of the Derby manager over your views thanks.
Would you have posted this had you not beaten the mighty Gillingham tonight? I take it you weren't one of the 350 blunts following their team?

Katchouro
19-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Put that handbag away pintthirsty, you'll break a nail.

I got my picture of the game through the commentary stylings of Carlton Palmer who said you were poor. Are you bringing into question Carlton's honesty and intelligence as a pundit?

Katchouro
19-02-2014, 11:53 PM
Oh, and thanks for bringing up the marquee club's win in Kent tonight. I wasn't going to as being a braggart isn't my thing.

N - I - G - E - L

aussieowl
20-02-2014, 12:58 AM

Sounds like?...think tha needs t'get thi ears weshed arght lad..;)

Rotherhamowl10
20-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Oh, and thanks for bringing up the marquee club's win in Kent tonight. I wasn't going to as being a braggart isn't my thing.

N - I - G - E - L

***** win for your lot in the big relegation battle last night. I was going to listen to it and pretend I knew more than the people who attended (all 200), but then I noticed the washing up bottle was nearly empty so I turned it upside down and pulled up a chair and watched the last few bits come down to the bottom of the bottle.

twat
20-02-2014, 09:46 AM
One of the most entertaining threads on here for a VERY long while.
Katch22 winding us up >:) and some very witty responses B) .
The thought of washing-up liquid slowly dripping out of the bottle while United's 200 followers whistle a happy tune at Gillingham will linger long.
Both teams starting to look safe but it ain't over until Ched Evans gets a get-out-of-jail-free card. >:)

braggyowl
22-02-2014, 06:42 PM

http://i57.tinypic.com/2rwnuxe.jpg

You missed a treat on the radio braggy. Tewd Carlton has come in for some stick from our lot for the garbage he's been spouting ... he praised the ref and described you lot as having 'no real quality'.

He then said you're shoe ins for the Semi final and you should play weakened teams in the league whilst you're still in the Cup. XD

I love a good wind up but I've got nowt on old Pob.[/quote]

And that's exactly what Mr Gray did today.
Rested four players and came out worthy winners 0-2 away from home...T

Katchouro
25-02-2014, 12:02 AM
You're right braggy, Carlton knows his onions.

Enjoy your Wembley semi. Oooops, sorry my mistake ... you blew it! XD