PDA

View Full Version : Looks like

trentendscott
19-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Derby are favorites for 2nd now, I can't see us catching them with class signings like Bamford, who we should of gone for instead of another useless Algerian. Maybe a loss of Saturday against Burnley won't be such a bad result.Keeps them above Derby at least.

Trickytreesreds
19-02-2014, 11:11 AM
Derby are favorites for 2nd now, I can't see us catching them with class signings like Bamford, who we should of gone for instead of another useless Algerian. Maybe a loss of Saturday against Burnley won't be such a bad result.Keeps them above Derby at least.

Where as Bamford is only showing the class we all thought he had. Derby were very lucky last night. If they are honest, they mugged WEDS and did a full **** Turpin. So please don't assume that Derby are racing away into second place. Plenty of twists and turns yet, anything can happen in another 15 games.
Unfortunately for us, we have 2 really hard games, back to back. I wouldn't normally have cared, but this injury crisis is crippling our chances.

essexred52
19-02-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure what way its going to go, I'm 50/50 on wanting to meet Derby in the play offs but getting beat by them would crucify me so to be on the safe side it would be some sort of relief if Derby go up automatic if you know what I mean, if we were to go up automatic then happy days but we will have to wait and see, there is still 16 games left that's 48 points to play for, 4 defeats out of them remaining 16 would rule out any chance of automatic promotion :blue:

Hells_Reject
19-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Jesus H Christ, last time we lost in the league was eons ago and now folks are going to give up already.

Bet you can't wait until we lost one and then have your pre-written post all ready with I knew it would happen etc etc etc.

trentendscott
19-02-2014, 12:55 PM
We've drawn to many games this season and thrown away to many points this season. Add that to our remaining fixtures how anyone can see us finishing above Derby I do not know, especially with Billy in charge.

tricky1972
19-02-2014, 01:04 PM
We've drawn to many games this season and thrown away to many points this season. Add that to our remaining fixtures how anyone can see us finishing above Derby I do not know, especially with Billy in charge.

Which points do you think we have 'thrown away' Scott? :?

trentendscott
19-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Reading, Blackpool.

tricky1972
19-02-2014, 02:16 PM
Reading, Blackpool.

Hardly disasterous Scott, that happens in Football.

Sometimes you lose when you have been the better side (ask Leicester after the last game) and sometimes you drop points, when you deserve better.

You highlight when we have conceded late to drop points, in response I'll give you...

Blackburn injury time winner 1-0
Middlesbrough 2-0 back to 2-2

Evens itself out over a season

trentendscott
19-02-2014, 02:47 PM
I think there's been at least 6 games where we've dropped points in the last 10 mins.

forrestgump
19-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Bournemouth most last min

dazzared60
19-02-2014, 04:41 PM

Still a long way to go Scott. Derby maybe favourites for second right now but this league can change quickly.

Even if Forest don't pick up a couple of points this week there is I still a chance.
For me until its mathematically impossible we have a chance.

Because of Sundays result many are probably writing us off tonight (lets hope the Foxs players are thinking like that) but I think we have the game and the players to get a result.

A win would be great a draw acceptable ;)

alfinyalcabo
19-02-2014, 04:50 PM

What gives you the impression that Derby are favourites for second place :? ,have you a crystal ball ? I think the clarets are quite capable of holding on to second place.. B)

HOODIE
19-02-2014, 04:53 PM

Derby were very lucky last night. If they are honest, they mugged WEDS and did a full **** Turpin. [/quote]

We were really poor last night and they have improved since we beat them 3-0 earlier in the season.

But 'mugged' they put lots of high balls in the box which we dealt with and Antonio had a few good runs, which resulted in nothing.

Bryson cleared one off the line following a corner but that's about it. They had a fair few corners and their shots mainly tricked wide or into Grants hands, who made two standard saves all night.

Perhaps we didn't deserve to win but 'mugged' them, not really.

tricky1972
19-02-2014, 05:12 PM
I think there's been at least 6 games where we've dropped points in the last 10 mins.

Blackburn injury time winner 1-0
Barnsley winner last 10
Doncaster equaliser last 10
Leeds winner last 10

Total gain - 7 points

Blackpool home we were down to 10 men for nearly an hour and conceded the winner in injury time
Blackpool equaliser last 10
Reading injury time equaliser
Bournemouth injury time equaliser

Total loss - 7 points

Net effect of goals in the last 10 ... zero!

tricky1972
19-02-2014, 05:16 PM

Derby were very lucky last night. If they are honest, they mugged WEDS and did a full **** Turpin. [/quote]

We were really poor last night and they have improved since we beat them 3-0 earlier in the season.

But 'mugged' they put lots of high balls in the box which we dealt with and Antonio had a few good runs, which resulted in nothing.

Bryson cleared one off the line following a corner but that's about it. They had a fair few corners and their shots mainly tricked wide or into Grants hands, who made two standard saves all night.

Perhaps we didn't deserve to win but 'mug

HOODIE
19-02-2014, 06:12 PM

Bryson cleared one off the line following a corner but that's about it. They had a fair few corners and their shots mainly tricked wide or into Grants hands, who made two standard saves all n

45red
19-02-2014, 07:08 PM
TES ! come on, stop writing silly things, you are more intelligent than that. We will gain second place. injurys and suspensions will soon hit the teams around us. and we will benefit.

Romanis
19-02-2014, 07:46 PM

What gives you the impression that Derby are favourites for second place :? ,have you a crystal ball ? I think the clarets are quite capable of holding on to second place.. B)[/quote]

Precisely.

Hey kudos to Derby, they've done remarkably well this term, they've lost 7 times but seem capable of recovering from every blip by going on a 2,3,4 winning streak. That's promotional form for sure.

However, we haven't been too shabby and Reading are showing their true colours, maybe too late for 2nd but I tell you they'll be the team to beat in the play-offs.

QPR have slipped to 2 straight defeats, but just look at the quality

triz
20-02-2014, 01:03 AM
Burnley have to be favourite for 2nd spot, and i wouldn't write you guys off either.