PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new strategy

meister1991
19-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Our country needs a total rethink as to how to make money.

Once upon a time the game was cheap so people went but other options were also limited e.g. the pub re entertainment. Now we're overwhelmed with ways to spend our cash + spare time.

Some views have been kicking around I'd propose the following

1) bring back terracing for the majority of areas.
2) Charge A?10 max per adult + A?4 for kids
3) Sell beer at the game in plastic cups.
4) Introduce summer football and shutdown in winter when the pitch is gash, the weather pi55 and moneys tight.

In short fill the stadium by reducing prices and the money will be made up by both additional punters, sales on food/bevvy, club merchandise.

Views ?

steviex
19-02-2014, 07:04 PM
Our country needs a total rethink as to how to make money.

Once upon a time the game was cheap so people went but other options were also limited e.g. the pub re entertainment. Now we're overwhelmed with ways to spend our cash + spare time.

Some views have been kicking around I'd propose the following

1) bring back terracing for the majority of areas.
2) Charge A?10 max per adult + A?4 for kids
3) Sell beer at the game in plastic cups.
4) Introduce summer football and shutdown in winter when the pitch is gash, the weather pi55 and moneys tight.

In short fill the stadium by reducing prices and the money will be made up by both additional punters, sales on food/bevvy, club merchandise.

Views ?

Reducing prices does not fill stadiums you get a one or two game bounce. All it does is let the "Johnny come latelys" a couple of free days out and then they buuuger off again.

If there is another club in Scotland that has tried hard

jwok
19-02-2014, 11:26 PM
I agree the fresh look at our season ticket strategy but what about encouraging more away fans?

Try letting the opposition in for a tenner if they show their home club's season book. You never know, someone might reciprocate.

mix106
20-02-2014, 01:56 AM
I agree the fresh look at our season ticket strategy but what about encouraging more away fans?

Try letting the opposition in for a tenner if they show their home club's season book. You never know, someone might reciprocate.

Couldn't agree more I have always banged on about the death of the travelling fan. Its the one area no club has seriously tried to address but that one needs the input of all clubs.

Why we cannot get an away season ticket has always annoyed me. Frankly visiting fan number are so low at all grounds we probably are near the point where reducing it to a tenner wouldn't bring in more than the current standard A?22, A?23 or A?24. Will it happen ? nah Scottish Football just doesnt grasp the customer / business incentives for anyone but home fans.

PS why the feck can this site not accept typed pound signs? its highly irritating...

Wellup4it
20-02-2014, 07:33 AM
MFC has tried in the past to get the other top flight clubs to set up some kind of pricing scheme for away fans but most of the city clubs simply won't agree.