PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread v Leaders Leicester (H)

Romanis
19-02-2014, 07:30 PM
I hope the respect accorded to Leicester in the title will not be repeated on the pitch. Unless of course they play us off the park. If we are beaten by a better side playing the better game, we should have no complaints.

Romanis
19-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Starting 11:

Darlow

Halford Collins Lascelles Fox

Jara

Mackie Reid Majewski Paterson

Cox.

Only 1 complaint - I think Hendo should start to give Big Wes some problems up front.

Romanis
19-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Subs: De Vries, Harding, Greening, Abdoun, Djebbour, Henderson and Derbyshire.

Derbyshire to come on and score against Leicester for Nottingham - now that would be one for the record books.

Trickytreesreds
19-02-2014, 07:40 PM
WERE ****ED IM COMING HOME

Romanis
19-02-2014, 07:56 PM
Paterson showing early promise

Romanis
19-02-2014, 08:04 PM
There were reports of racist chanting in this fixture last term, hope there's no such thing today

Romanis
19-02-2014, 08:05 PM
20 mins, both teams showing signs

worcesterred
19-02-2014, 08:07 PM
What road signs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romanis
19-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Gotta stop giving Leicester corners though, they're quite good at set pieces

Romanis
19-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Collins with a good header but saved by Schmeichel

Romanis
19-02-2014, 08:22 PM
Mix up between Lascelles and Darlow gifts Vardy an open goal which he gleefully takes

Romanis
19-02-2014, 08:25 PM
We're hanging on. Leicester very much in the ascendancy

Romanis
19-02-2014, 08:29 PM
That boy again = Paterson header makes it level

Romanis
19-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Good ol Wes - brings down Mackie. Up steps Reid.

2-1 Forest, what a response

Romanis
19-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Funny old game - at the 40 min mark, I think going behind at 0-1 with Leicester upping the ante is something we've been glad with, then hey presto, an equalizer changes everything.

Next thing we are in front.

Now we must hold on and press for the 3rd, no more school boy errors

Romanis
19-02-2014, 08:42 PM
In the CL, Arsenal in serious danger although it's 0-0 at HT. Ozil misses a penalty then Arsenal loses their keeper to a red card offence but Bayern miss the penalty.

All 10 men behind the ball is the best option.

Romanis
19-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Collins is playing well. Morgan has a yellow we should pressurise him

Romanis
19-02-2014, 09:03 PM
An hour gone, Forest trying for the 3rd which is good.

Bayern as expected take the lead in London

Romanis
19-02-2014, 09:08 PM
The expected red card came for the former Forest player, but it wasn't Wes but Konchesky.

Hendo on for Cox

Polish_ForestMad
19-02-2014, 09:11 PM
The expected red card came for the former Forest player, but it wasn't Wes but Konchesky.

Hendo on for Cox
shocking tackle.

Romanis
19-02-2014, 09:18 PM
20 mins to go, Kevin Phillips on for the Foxes

Romanis
19-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Harding replaces Fox who's been booked

Romanis
19-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Paterson brings down Drinkwater and Phillips scores from the spot.

Polish_ForestMad
19-02-2014, 09:27 PM
Paterson brings down Drinkwater and Phillips scores from the spot.
darlow saved the penalty,was knocked in by Mahrez

Romanis
19-02-2014, 09:30 PM
Actually he missed but they scored from Darlow's rebounded save

Romanis
19-02-2014, 09:32 PM
2 mins left Rafik on for Reid

Romanis
19-02-2014, 09:35 PM
4 mins injury time

Romanis
19-02-2014, 09:41 PM
2-2 it finished and we can now welcome our Derby and Notts fans to share their wonderful comments!;D

They've developed a very neat pattern of staying away whenever we are winning or leading, but once we don't, they pop up faster than a bad penny.

Elite_Pie
19-02-2014, 09:45 PM
2-2 it finished and we can now welcome our Derby and Notts fans to share their wonderful comments!;D

They've developed a very neat pattern of staying away whenever we are winning or leading, but once we don't, they pop up faster than a bad penny.

Wrong, I posted on here when you were 2-1 up on another thread. It seemed rude to interrupt your monologue.

essexred52
19-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Draw ain't bad I sort of expected it, shame we did not hold on but ha ho, s*** happens

Romanis
19-02-2014, 09:47 PM

Yeah some monologue with 340+ views, imagine how many will turn up when I address a live audience.

Wrong, I posted on here when you were 2-1 up on another thread. It seemed rude to interrupt your monologue.[/quote]

chedozie
19-02-2014, 09:48 PM
From a Notts point, it means **** all cos we've got enough problems of our own, although I will say considering the amount of injuries you have to key players I would think it's a good point? From a Derby point it's probably a perfect result?

woolwhacker
19-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Was a good result against a better team, and BTW you were never tying for third.

Romanis
19-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Was a good result by against a better team, and BTW you were never tying for third.

Initially in the 2nd half and then the usual bout of uncertainty.

Polish_ForestMad
19-02-2014, 09:59 PM
Actually he missed but they scored from Darlow's rebounded save
actually darlow saved the penalty and the ball rebound to a fester player who laid it across to Mahrez who put the ball in.

Polish_ForestMad
19-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Was a good result against a better team, and BTW you were never tying for third.
took 4 points off the run away leaders in the championship,cant be bad.

Romanis
19-02-2014, 10:07 PM
took 4 points off the run away leaders in the championship,cant be bad.[/quote]

Indeed but it doesn't look too good when there was 6 clearly on offer and when you're the chaser not the leader

Bourne1865
19-02-2014, 10:20 PM
We've done it yet yet again. Sloppy letting in that last goal against 10 men at home. No way near good enough. Poor team selection again. Why oh why can't we just kill games off! BD needs to sort this slump quick, before it's too late.

Elite_Pie
19-02-2014, 10:25 PM
BD needs to sort this slump quick, before it's too late.

I wouldn't complain if we went on an unbeaten 14 game slump!

woolwhacker
19-02-2014, 10:35 PM
We've done it yet yet again. Sloppy letting in that last goal against 10 men at home. No way near good enough. Poor team selection again. Why oh why can't we just kill games off! BD needs to sort this slump quick, before it's too late.

As a Derby fan, I wish you were having a slump, but seriously, you ain't having a slump, couldn't seriously call it a blip. They battered us.:(

Raimondo_Ponte
20-02-2014, 12:16 AM
We couldn't finish the game off because Billy Davies is a fool.
The first half was even but I thought we edged it slightly and Schmeichel pulled off an excellent save to push a header over the bar.
In the second half we were the only team in it and were majestic at times moving it around the middle of the park.
Unfortunately, at 2-1 up and against ten men Billy decides to replace the industrious Cox with Henderson. Henderson could not hold the ball all night. Every time he received it the ball bounced off his foot to a Leicester player. That relentless return of possession let Leicester back in. He then takes Reid off, the man who had run midfield all night and the only one really putting in a volume of dangerous crosses. It should have been Majewski that went off as he is simply not as effective as Reid and we needed Reid to make those chances when we were pressing for the winner.

Those tactical changes meant we looked a weaker team at the end of the second half than we did at the st

KeeptheCityGround
20-02-2014, 12:35 AM
Draw ain't bad I sort of expected it, shame we did not hold on but ha ho, s*** happens

Why the **** are we holding on against 10 men is the real question? That's all what was on every forest fans lips leaving the ground that I could hear. We were well in control of the game 2nd half then the red card changed it completely!!

****ing, negative, ********, ****y tactics yet again!! It's cost us far too many points this season. I mean FFS, at least shove Halford up top for last 5 mins and bangs some balls up to him. 451 all ****ing game! FFS

Not happy

Agree with all raimondos write up. Wouldn't let me reply to him for some reason?

Polish_ForestMad
20-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Why wasn't Morgan sent off when he was last man when he took Mackie down.was it billys fault the was a monumental balls up with the defence for there first goal?was it billys fault Collins missed a free header?also must of been billys fault when the ref gave a dubious penalty!I also blame Billy for the players not reacting quick enough for the penalty rebound.
why was billy sent to the stands at half time?was it billy who made the changes second half?

derby123
20-02-2014, 09:21 AM
LOOOOOOL

dam617
20-02-2014, 11:00 AM
Why wasn't Morgan sent off when he was last man when he took Mackie down.was it billys fault the was a monumental balls up with the defence for there first goal?was it billys fault Collins missed a free header?also must of been billys fault when the ref gave a dubious penalty!I also blame Billy for the players not reacting quick enough for the penalty rebound.
why was billy sent to the stands at half time?was it billy who made the changes second half?

Sorry but Leicester's penalty wasn't 'dubious'. I was sat at the front of A Block and you knew what was coming as the Leicester player ran into the box.
How many ****ing penalties have they won this season?
I was more annoyed by the reaction to the brilliant save as our lads stood there sucking their thumbs as the ball came off Darlows hands.

Pains me to say it but I was very impressed with Leicester, it may be stating the obvious but IMO no one will stop them going up.

essexred52
20-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Can't really comment on the game itself as I wasn't there but at the end of the day we got a point, Burnley now we need to focus on a defeat there would make last nights draw look like a bad result that's my only concern atm, a win there would make the leicester game look like a point gained, the Wigan game if we draw against Burnley is a must win,

ruddyforest
20-02-2014, 05:24 PM
I agree dam617. I thought Darlow deserved a lot more support from our players who just stood gawping as Leicester helped themselves to an equaliser after a fantastic save... I saw the replay and Collins barely made it back into the box which said it all really! >:(