PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Four again?

MikeSB
19-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Sheff Utd winning at Gillingham at HT tonight and if they hold on of course? Just looking at the table, its looks ominous for us and Crawley although they have a load of games in hand but the other teams above us seem to good on paper to go down unless we get a few wins together and relying on the others to lose of course.

Bottom line is...Its not looking good as the goal difference is like a game in hand for all the others as well.

We just have to hope for the best and 3 points come Saturday?

Crewe82
19-02-2014, 10:02 PM
When the table is so tight, looking at the table at this stage doesn't give any indication as to where we, or any other club, are going to finish in 15 games time. We have a third of the season left and so do other teams (pretty much). My outlook has always been, and I know it's a cliche, but the league doesn't lie. Over the course of the season if we are the 4th worst team in the league we deserve to go down - very straight forward. I believe we have enough in us to stay up, but just about. The next 15 games will seal our fate.

itwasin
20-02-2014, 04:52 AM
When it comes to a Dog Fight Crewe dont win many of them IF ANY and the Vale game is a must Win one, We will see what the players are made of very soon, but its not looking good with our record at Vale.

alexbarmy
20-02-2014, 08:27 AM
When it comes to a Dog Fight Crewe dont win many of them IF ANY and the Vale game is a must Win one, We will see what the players are made of very soon, but its not looking good with our record at Vale.

Yet again you come out with utter rubbish. How many years in the Championship? Most of those went to the last 3 games.

AlexLeicester
20-02-2014, 08:58 AM

Yet again you come out with utter rubbish. How many years in the Championship? Most of those went to the last 3 games.[/quote]

Absolutely correct.
Throughout the 60s, 70s and some seasons in the 80s we did not exactly cover ourselves in glory. Dario Gradi, whose dedication, commitment, knowledge and skill should never be underestimated, ever, began an upward trajectory that eventually took us into the Championship. And yes, I agree, that was where the battles for survival in most recent memory, took place.

The only downside to this is that it will trigger Alexmick to wax lyrical about Gloria Gaynor. X-D :-(

alexmick
20-02-2014, 11:33 AM

Yet again you come out with utter rubbish. How many years in the Championship? Most of those went to the last 3 games.[/quote]

Absolutely correct.
Throughout the 60s, 70s and some seasons in the 80s we did not exactly cover ourselves in glory. Dario Gradi, whose dedication, commitment, knowledge and skill should never be underestimated, ever, began an upward trajectory that eventually took us into the Championship. And yes, I agree, that was where the battles for survival in most recent memory, took place.

The only downside to this is that it will trigger Alexmick to wax lyrical about Gloria Gaynor. X-D :-([/quote]

That song must be

bonehead
20-02-2014, 03:02 PM
think were better than shrewsbury / stevenage / tranmere / carlisle / bristol city

we need to win next 2 games though

play same formation as against sheff utd - if inpemza isnt fit - play oliver

dont play osman please - only if Grant is out - he gets in the way

itwasin
21-02-2014, 04:41 AM
Am talking about the Present Not The Past!

alexmick
22-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Am talking about the Present Not The Past!

Oh you of so little faith.

Out of the bottom four again and now for that six pointer on Tuesday. Brilliant result at the Vale and I hear that there was a scuffle in the executive box! Anyone view that part of the match?

Alexmaverick
22-02-2014, 06:41 PM
With respect our record at Vale is pretty good.We've won there many times in recent years (3 times in 2002-3!),and that's not including todays win!

VindePays2009
22-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Having started one of his typical moaning threads, I imagine that MikeSB will be keeping pretty quiet tonight.

We're not in the bottom four, which is not to say that if games in hand are played, and taking account of our terrible GD, we couldn't be again.

But nobody below 5th in the table has a better record than us ( W5 D1 L4) over the last ten games.

Let's keep it going with four points from the next two, but in general try not to draw too many, except against fellow-sufferers.