PDA

View Full Version : You just know...

walshynffc82
19-02-2014, 09:58 PM
we have absolutely no chance of autos and will DEFO bottle the play offs. We draw games we should win and NEVER win when we shouldn't. Look at derby lastnight. 2-1 up against 10 men and still draw, shocking. Don't get me wrong cant fault the efforts just have no luck and Davies is too negative. He'd rather hold on for win than extend it and kill off teams. Individual errors costing us yet again.

Bourne1865
19-02-2014, 10:17 PM
True, we just can't kill games off. Too many draws and letting goals in near the end of the game. We are at home against 10 men and get a draw. Why not play Abdoun. We are short of midfielders any way and BD keeps him on the bench. Not good enough.

Romanis
19-02-2014, 10:19 PM
At this point before Saturday's crunch game, I would say the following about the autos

Burnley 35%
QPR 30%
Derby 20%
We 15%

Can we dispatch the sides not in contention for promotion and the relegation threatened sides? That's the 30 point question, I cannot give a proper answer to.

We do have a chance, it would be silly to write off our campaign after a result like this, even with a defeat on Saturday.

For certain we will get slightly better when Lichaj and Wilson return with Hobbs.

But it's also the way we set up in attack. Davies expects the strikers to come and work for the ball, with the attacking midfielders expected to score as well.

It's a risky strategy making players always do things not usually expected of them. Whatever happened to keeping it simple?

Too early to say, but if I'm a Burnley or Hoops fan, I would be far more confident.

Trickytreesreds
19-02-2014, 10:50 PM
We definitely won't make the auto's.
The injury list to key players has already sorted that out. Unless 2 or 3 come back soon, it's tits up in the play offs as well.

bloodred
20-02-2014, 12:10 AM
have faith...fawaz and billy will work the loan market and we will be flying !

i am a happy clapper and proud of it. at least we are in with a shout, remember marfur day,,,,we're serious about promotion are you ? would you want that or the present situation ???

continues with his happy clapping !

KeeptheCityGround
20-02-2014, 12:42 AM
Let the leash of them Billy and believe in them. Going forwards we can dismantle any team in this league. Just give them the green light!

trentendscott
20-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Billy Davies isnt tactically good enough to get us second im afraid.

BigusDikus
20-02-2014, 09:40 PM

Terrible appointment that Billy, should've stuck with SOD.

essexred52
20-02-2014, 11:48 PM

Terrible appointment that Billy, should've stuck with SOD.[/quote]i agree, WE want David Pratt back,

Romanis
22-02-2014, 01:24 AM
Billy is the correct manager at this juncture and possibly for next season (if we fail to make the grade).

I liked what Fawaz said about Leicester keeping Pearson after their failure to get promoted last season.

Stability is important, if he really fails again next season, then perhaps that's as far as he can go with us, but he must be given some time to achieve the impossible dream.

As for criticising him, all we ask is for him to be a bit bolder going forward and have a more consistent selection, circumstances permitting.

No issues defense wise, or the way the team is prepared or motivated.