PDA

View Full Version : Travel to Man City

wiganineurope
19-02-2014, 11:49 PM
***** Latics travel in conjunction with Sport Options(Wigan) Ltd. have secured a number of double decker's to take Latics fans to the City of Manchester Stadium for our quarter final tie with City on the weekend of 8/9th March.
There will be various pickup points all across Wigan, which will be roughly the same as our previous trips to Wembley and Bruges:-

Standish, Cherry Gardens, Beech Hill, Red Robin, Pemberton.
Whelley/Scholes, Ince, Hindley, Platt Bridge, Golborne.
Wigan town centre, Goose Green, Marus Bridge, Bryn, Ashton.

The ties will all be Saturday / Sunday, with one lunch time , one late afternoon kick off, we will post pickup times based on when we are scheduled to play.

Cost per seat 7.00 quid

Payment can be made via all the usual channels , cash to Mark Cowley (latics away travel), Barry or Damian, PayPal or by bank transfer.

Further details at

*****travel@live.co.uk

naz
22-02-2014, 09:38 PM
WAFC have been allocated 3,500 tickets, but only the lower tier tickets have been advertised on your official site. That's 2,350.

Be disappointing if you only bring 2k for an FA Cup Q/Final. Contrary to the claim on ****ney Latic,the home ends were sold out against Chelsea. The reason why the attendance was slightly below capacity was because of the extra seats lost to segregation.

Glad Uwe is doing well. Looks like Wigan may make the play offs.

I heard that Ben Watson has a broken leg. That's bad news. Who are the players we should watch out for? I remember Mcmanaman from last season, but I think he is injured? I know Martinez took Kone and Alvarez to Everton

italia
23-02-2014, 02:29 PM
on a guided tour of the Etihad are you able to see that special trophy cabinet that frannie lee inferred; the one for ' xxxx ups' ha ha ha ha

naz
23-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Seen that trophy quite a few times

Going back to Wembley next weekend hoping for no repeats.

You're not going to give me a brief update regarding your team, thoughts for the game, early views on Uwe etc?

WhoRYa
24-02-2014, 10:40 AM
You're not going to give me a brief update regarding your team, thoughts for the game, early views on Uwe etc?

My early thoughts on Uwe are mainly positive. He's rapidly turning round a season that was falling apart under that clown Coyle. I like the style of football that he talks about wanting to implement wven if its only been seen in glimpses so far.
My only reservation with him so far is his apparent obsession with rotating his squad from game to game. He makes a minimum of 4 changes from one game to the next (& it has been as high as 6) & I feel at times that it has taken away momentum from the side & been responsible for stuttering performances that have seen us lose at Doncaster & Huddersfield. By all accounts it was the one criticism that Brentford fans (& apparently players too) had of him so it can't just be blamed on Latics Europa, FA Cup & extra league commitments this season

As for players to watch out for, there are no

naz
24-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Thanks.

I haven't been following Wigan that closely.

I looked at the Online Ticket Sales on City's web-site this evening. Looks like it's going to be a full house. Atmosphere in our other League and FA Cup games has been made by the away fans, because they get to sit in what's become the popular City end behind the goal, and all the singers get moved and split up, however this time, the stand is split pretty much 50/50 so there should be a good atmosphere.

I expect Wigan will come keen to remind us about last May. Hopefully by then we'll have our first trophy of the season. Preparing this week for another trip to Wembley. Expensive business. My ticket is £90.

Les_bradds_lad
25-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Only upper tier tickets remain as fans snap up Man City FA Cup tickets. - view external link (http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/14-02-25-manchester-city-tickets-selling-fast-1382752.aspx)

Mark7111
03-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Anyone know if there are any seats left? I have mailed the address but received no reply :?
Seats on the buses that is.

damon_dummer
04-03-2014, 09:40 AM
I don't think these are the same setup, but I believe somebosdy that operates travel to away matches has had to try to engage a new coach company because of a few incidents on the coaches to Nottingham at the weekend, that led to the previous firm rfeusing to supply them again.

I repeat that I don't think these are the same people, and I have no intention to cause problems, but it may be worth double checking.

wiganineurope
05-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Just to let you know we are not the operator who ran the coaches to Nottingham you speak of.

We are loosely the team based around ***** Latics website, who organised Wembley trips last year and the private coaches to Belgium as well as the independent flight to Maribor.

All our coaches are based on Family values, although we do take single groups of lads we are not out and out booze up trips as some others run, there is nothing wrong with that type of trip but we want to encourage everyone from your kids to your granny.

Because of Latics results at the moment, more people are wanting to travel to away games and although we really were not bothered about running coaches every week many of the people who had been on previous trips with us asked if we would start doing it again for the rest of this season.

We are running a bus service back from the reebok stadium on 29th March for anyone who has done the sponsored walk to Bolton in aid of Joseph's goal charity for A£3.00 per seat fo