PDA

View Full Version : The return of Gary Madine

Rotherhamowl10
20-02-2014, 12:01 PM
"Thanks for all the nice messages, I'm sorry for letting so many people down. Can't wait 2 get back training, feel stronger than ever!!"

Released today and looks like he will be returning back to the club shortly. I am willing to give the lad one more chance, what's everyone else's opinion?

I am not sure if returning to Twitter was a good decision, at least the tag will keep him out of trouble (hopefully).

A good player who needs to start producing, no more diving around on the floor and moaning about the service. I want to see the old Madine who put fear into every league 1 defence in our promotion season. - view external link (https://twitter.com/GaryMadine9)

braggyowl
20-02-2014, 03:15 PM
I'm in the same mind as you Roth.One more chance.
My mate, who, shall we say, works at the prison where Madine was, told me a month ago of his release and says he's a really nice, down to earth bloke who has kept his nose clean and been training with the weights etc..He also says he looks a lot fitter and stronger than when he first went in and seems to have a great attitude..Whether he goes back to his old ways off the pitch remains to be seen but yeah, give him another chance for me. :)

braggyowl
20-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Madine also told him that he really hopes we beat Charlton so he can score an easy hat trick against the pigs...

Sorry, just made that bit up. XD

aussieowl
20-02-2014, 09:45 PM
He's a lucky lad...hope he uses it for the best.

redgreggie
21-02-2014, 05:34 PM
I said when he got convicted that he should never play for us again, I was wrong, only if he has learnt his lesson and realises how fortunate he is to have the talent he has.

remember Mr Mandaric must have laid some of his own money out for him, so why should he be penalised.

Get the love of the fans back Gary, you owe it to us and yourself.

ray...in Batley.

WhitbyOwl
23-02-2014, 05:13 PM
I said when he got convicted that he should never play for us again, I was wrong, only if he has learnt his lesson and realises how fortunate he is to have the talent he has.

remember Mr Mandaric must have laid some of his own money out for him, so why should he be penalised.

Get the love of the fans back Gary, you owe it to us and yourself.

Ray...in Batley.

Im obviously going to be in a minority here Ray, but he's a convicted violent criminal Why should he be given the opportunity to play for Wednesday again. What does he earn, 4-6k a week? Its just wrong in my opinion, sell him.
Apparantly if you go on media reports today we are interested in Ched Evans when he is released. Clearly this is just rubbish newspaper gossip...I hope

Katchouro
23-02-2014, 07:03 PM
It's taken some time but Whitby has been brave enough to be the first one of you to get this spot on.

Of everything I've read your input disappointed me the most Ray - and there's been some nonsense, posters claiming they've been as violent as Madine which makes it OK and irrelevant waffle about Tony Adams.

The only thing that has changed since your initial correct stance Ray is that Wednesday have decided to integrate Madine back into the squad ... the conclusion I draw is that your support of Wednesday supersedes your own beliefs and principles.

Not wanting to start a fight here, but I'll repeat, I'm disappointed Ray. Please tell me I've got this one wrong.

aussieowl
23-02-2014, 09:43 PM
It's taken some time but Whitby has been brave enough to be the first one of you to get this spot on.

Of everything I've read your input disappointed me the most Ray - and there's been some nonsense, posters claiming they've been as violent as Madine which makes it OK and irrelevant waffle about Tony Adams.

The only thing that has changed since your initial correct stance Ray is that Wednesday have decided to integrate Madine back into the squad ... the conclusion I draw is that your support of Wednesday supersedes your own beliefs and principles.

Not wanting to start a fight here, but I'll repeat, I'm disappointed Ray. Please tell me I've got this one wrong.

Oh get off your moralistic high horse Katch...yes Madine has been a complete idiot AND like I said, been very lucky, very lucky that he hasn't injured somebody seriously or worse...he's been caught, found guilty sentenced & punished, lightly in my opinion BUT...he's

banno
23-02-2014, 11:18 PM
everybody makes mistakes at that age, its how he manages himself from now on that i will judge him on.
you cant compare him to ched because the 2 offenses are light years apart and only fools and pigs would even try.
from what gray said on the radio, madines fate will be decided at a meeting this coming week. if madine doesn't make it crystal clear that he has learned his lesson, he should be sacked on the spot.
the lads got talent in abundance and if he applies himself right, he can easily make a big impact at this level.

redgreggie
24-02-2014, 12:29 PM

Katch...

' I was wrong, only if he has learnt his lesson and realises how fortunate he is to have the talent he has.'

it's important that you see my comments in the context of this line.

ray...in Batley.

braggyowl
24-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Don't bother with him Ray...He's only crapping himself anyway that if we beat Charlton Madine will score the winner against them..;)

He's even stated on their board that he'd rather play Charlton than us in the next round.

Little piggies running scared.

Southenders
24-02-2014, 01:57 PM
everybody makes mistakes at that age, its how he manages himself from now on that i will judge him on.
you cant compare him to ched because the 2 offenses are light years apart and only fools and pigs would even try.
from what gray said on the radio, madines fate will be decided at a meeting this coming week. if madine doesn't make it crystal clear that he has learned his lesson, he should be sacked on the spot.
the lads got talent in abundance and if he applies himself right, he can easily make a big impact at this level.

At what age then are you not allowed to make mistakes Banno? Ched made a huge mistake (1st offence too), why would he not be allowed the good grace to show he had learned his lesson? I see you say you cannot compare the 2 offences because they are light years apart, but surely if someone has served his time for committing an offence, does that not mean he should be allowed to rebuild his former career? Assuming a cl

Katchouro
24-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Katch...

' I was wrong, only if he has learnt his lesson and realises how fortunate he is to have the talent he has.'

it's important that you see my comments in the context of this line.

ray...in Batley.

Fair enough. But his sort don't tend to learn lessons, and I think you know this as much as you know he'll spit the faith you show in him back in your face.

His contract should have been immediately terminated after he was found guilty.