PDA

View Full Version : O/T Shameful Addiction.

WOODLANDSWOLF
20-02-2014, 06:31 PM
I have got hooked watching something on You Tube called "Russian Dashcam Compilations. Apparently because of the poor [ha!] driving conditions, corrupt traffic police and the difficulty of dealing with the car insurance agencies a lot of Russian drivers have dash cams installed to provide filmed evidence of any incident they are involved in.

So these films on You Tube are compilations of recordings of dozens of crashes and other weird incidents.

I find them fascinating not just because of the mayhem involved in the accidents but they also give some insight into everyday Russian life and the Russian character.

The ones that I watch always have a statement at the start that says " no one was seriously injured in any of these accidents". Now its true you never see any bodies or gore etc, if you did I wouldn't watch them anyway, but "no serious injuries", I have difficulty believing that seeing some of these collisions.

So with murderous driving conditions, bald tires, bad vehicle main

Woking88
20-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Yes Woody, I have seen a few. Lorries careering all over the place and other acts of lunacy. Well worth a look to remind you that, perhaps after all, the average British driver is not so bad! :O

WOODLANDSWOLF
20-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Yes Woody, I have seen a few. Lorries careering all over the place and other acts of lunacy. Well worth a look to remind you that, perhaps after all, the average British driver is not so bad! :O

I managed to pick up a word of Russian from the clips as well. "Blyad", it means whore and is apparently the most widely used curse word in Russia.