PDA

View Full Version : Four zeros

meatismurder
20-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and now Swansea cannot score in Europe.

I thought that we all played in the "greatest league in the world"?

Can see a few going out.

danegee
21-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Since the inception of the EPL in 92 there have been 5 winners
Man U, Arse, Blackburn, chelsea and Man City

In the first 3 years Norwich, Villa, Newcastle, Forest, Liverpool were teams that finished in the top 3 that had not been in those winners.
Man city were nowhere near the top 3 until their new owners. Chelsea managed it once before abromovich.
in the last 14 years the only teams to have finished in the top 3 have been 4 of the 5 winners in those 14 years. The exception being Liverpool who have managed to break into the top 3 5 times in those 14 years.

In Germany there have been 6 winners since 92
and 6 teams who have managed to finish in the top 3 who have not been winners.
In the last 14 years there have been 4 different teams who have finished in the top 3 who have not been winners in that time.

Man U have won the EPL 13 times out of 21
Chelsea 3
Arsenal 3
Man city
Balckburn

in the 21 years before the EPL Man U had not won a title and 8 different teams had won a title.

connelljj
23-02-2014, 09:49 AM
my answer would be...city and arsenal were playing the two best teams in the world,swansea were playing the fav.in the europa cup,sorry cant answer why spurs did'nt score.XD

Hammerman69
24-02-2014, 04:28 PM

Can see a few going out.

...except that it is not the best league in the world any more in my opinion...its probably the most exciting in that most teams can beat each other (which rarely happens in Europe) but that is different to it being the best and so now we are finding out how far behind we are...I m dreading the World Cup to be honest !

DEVONSPUR
24-02-2014, 07:06 PM
my answer would be...city and arsenal were playing the two best teams in the world,swansea were playing the fav.in the europa cup,sorry cant answer why spurs did'nt score.XD

I'd be surprised if you could answer any sensible question you thick twa.t!!!!
(don't be late for the road sweeping gang tomorrow now!!XD XD XD )

DEVONSPUR
24-02-2014, 07:09 PM

Can see a few going out.

...except that it is not the best league in the world any more in my opinion...its probably the most exciting in that most teams can beat each other (which rarely happens in Europe) but that is different to it being the best and so now we are finding out how far behind we are...I m dreading the World Cup to be honest ![/quote]

Fair point Hammerman and I also remember that we always used to have the best goalkeepers in the world but now we just have Hart...
& Greene
:blue: :blue: :blue:

Still going to the Dinipro 2nd leg though and I think Ashikodi and Soon2beaGrandad are coming with me!!

That'll be nice!!
;D

Hammerman69
25-02-2014, 10:14 AM

Can see a few going out.

...except that it is not the best league in the world any more in my opinion...its probably the most exciting in that most teams can beat each other (which rarely happens in Europe) but that is different to it being the best and so now we are finding out how far behind we are...I m dreading the World Cup to be honest ![/quote]

Fair point Hammerman and I also remember that we always used to have the best goalkeepers in the world but now we just have Hart...
& Greene
:blue: :blue: :blue:

Still going to the Dinipro 2nd leg though and I think Ashikodi and Soon2beaGrandad are coming with me!!

That'll be nice!!
;D[/quote]

You forgot Foster and Butland ;D

connelljj
25-02-2014, 09:51 PM
make that 5.keane is right premier is a s.h.i.t league.

meatismurder
27-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Im glad at least ONE english team knows how to win in Europe!

Benfica, here we come.

COYS

meatismurder
12-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Goons lose 3-1 on agg, Citeh are currently 3-0 down, looks like Spurs will have to fly the flag tomorrow. B)

COYS

hammerwell06
13-03-2014, 10:41 PM
I guess now it's the 3 threes lol. So much for the 'spuds flying the flag ' XD XD

Hey up Devon I hope you & yours are well . Any news on you moving yet ?

DEVONSPUR
14-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Greetings Hammerwell and thanks for dumping Sir Terence (aka numbers) on us again!!

Mrs D likes a place in Mkt Harboro so we're hoping we can sell ours quickly up here.

Will soon be watching the mighty Foxes in the prem!!
Surely they wont coc.k it up this time!!

;D