PDA

View Full Version : Gloom & doom

jwok
20-02-2014, 10:07 PM
I just listened to our leader's interview as he previewed the United match on MFCTV. Good grief.

Maybe some of the travelling support should turn up early with their boots :-(

Wellup4it
20-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Has the boss taken a leaf from Maurice Malpas' book on motivation? Hopefully the players weren't listening!

All these injuries after a long lay off and one game!

sieb1886
21-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Sounding like we'll have a number of laddies playing their first ever, first-team game ... if the Gaffer's telling the true story !

Gowboy
21-02-2014, 12:31 PM
I think we are seeing an example of SM honesty. To me he comes across as a very straight, open guy and he tells it as it is. I have seen no evidence of him being into 'mind games' and I expect to see at least one of the youngsters (Leitch) in the team. I would rather give Keith Lasley another few days rest than have him try to play tonight and maybe cause longer term damage.
I can see the following team:
Nielsen
Hammell Hutch McManus ZFA
Ainsworth youngster (or half fit Carswell) Leitch Vigurs
Faddy
Sutton

Sup3rw3ll
21-02-2014, 01:36 PM
With all these injuries and having to put in new faces against one if the most free flowing teams is going to be a big ask.

I recognize this is said with an element of hindsight, but it might have paid dividends to have subbed in one of the younger faces with 5 mins to go throughout the season to build up match confidence if nothing else. So that come a match like today where we have play them from the start, it's not such a big hurdle just getting used to just being on the pitch with the first team, never mind performing well.

With that said and assuming carswell fit and arnier starting from the bench (can't see and personally wouldn't risk laz for 1 game), i can see this being the lineup:

Hammell

[nextcol]

Ainsworth
[nextcol]

Hutchinson
Leitch

[nextcol]
Nielsen

McFadden(c)
Sutton
[nextcol]

McManus