PDA

View Full Version : Problems logging on ?

av4ever
20-02-2014, 10:31 PM
The Footymad boards use cookies, and I.E. users who have disabled them have login problems.

You may need to open explorer and at the top of the page go to the 'Tools' menu, then select 'Internet Options', then 'Privacy' and move the slider down to 'Accept all cookies'.

ozfan
21-02-2014, 03:08 AM
There's all sorts of issues. It's a pain in the arse moving servers.

For me to log on and answer this. Reply> Password>enter>white screen> back two steps>post

Images not loading. Pages timing out. I can't be bothered much at the moment. Hopefully it will settle.

av4ever
21-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Well it's disappointing it's been two weeks now of intense thread making on this particular board and though the view figures are really good not one new poster have joined the board or old poster coming back to contribute.

I didn't realise just how bad the drop off was and to me it's a major failure of footymad who don't give a toss about posters posting on their boards or they would have sorted the issues you talk about oz long ago.

More people need to post just to shut me up >:)

For the record I use a galaxy tab and have no issues at all :O

Exiledvillan
21-02-2014, 08:27 AM
Being the biggest techno phobe on the international web, this topic, as are most of this like, flies right over my head. Whoooooshhh.

If I cant log on first time, I just turn the computer off and watch Sky Sports. I dont get much chill time so spending an hour trying to work this sort of thing out just isnt an option.

Sorry AV, u'll just have to find someone else to shut you up with 'techi talk'. :) .

av4ever
21-02-2014, 08:40 AM
:D fair enough EV I understand I'm no techi either and see where your coming from again this shouldn't be the posters problem it's footymads >:(

ozfan
21-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Well it's disappointing it's been two weeks now of intense thread making on this particular board and though the view figures are really good not one new poster have joined the board or old poster coming back to contribute.

I didn't realise just how bad the drop off was and to me it's a major failure of footymad who don't give a toss about posters posting on their boards or they would have sorted the issues you talk about oz long ago.

More people need to post just to shut me up >:)

For the record I use a galaxy tab and have no issues at all :O

No need to shut you up. I'm sure you've a lot to say after so long in the wilderness. :P

As for the drop off, well the social chill out scene is pretty competitive and forums like these are becoming old fashioned. This one is also an old template. You can get much better with more features such as easy image upload, pm other posters,like buttons (That work) etc.

My pet hate is being f

MissWinnie
22-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Creepy's exactly the right word for it, Oz. Feels really intrusive. I've said it before, but I really hate seeing things like the exact set(s) of underwear I've just bought displayed in the ad boxes. Seems to be pretty much instant.

I seem to have got away fairly lightly with the server upgrade. Just takes a while for post to appear sometimes. Only really a problem on the live match threads when I'm posting 'goal!' just after we have conceded!

My main issue with the site is that it's making it tough for our lovely regs to post. :( Hang in there guys. Hopefully things will improve.

dazzyo-villa
22-02-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm not having any problems logging as Dazzyo but it should be Dazzyowen >:( >:(

There are a good few niggles with FootyMad but I'll keep popping on as long as there's a reason for me to.. I like the crack on here and most the posters..

stateside
23-02-2014, 08:34 PM
Just logging on to reply to this took 90 seconds and it still hadn't got to the log in screen, so I walked away and came back 30 minutes later and tried again.

Took 9 seconds this time.

Yes, cookies are enabled.

yubbywelch
26-02-2014, 08:37 AM
I did reply to your original thread AV, but post timed out.

I replied thanks, and was going too call you my knight in shining armor .

But cookies enabled didn't help, my phone is my best option

ozfan
28-02-2014, 10:08 AM
So no real solutions for anyone. I wonder if the site admins even troll for feedback.

dazzyo-villa
28-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Very slow for me at times.. frustrating.

MissWinnie
01-03-2014, 08:00 AM
So no real solutions for anyone. I wonder if the site admins even troll for feedback.

I was thinking exactly the same, Oz. I expect they're aware of things like the 'like' button not working, but I'm wondering if they are aware of the extent to which people are experiencing problems posting, as superficially the boards look to be up and running OK. I'm wondering if it might be worth sending them a note, attaching links to this thread and Yubby 's thread ...? I don't mind doing it ...

ozfan
03-03-2014, 02:57 AM
I was checking out the canaries board after our win and found this.

Hi all. I will be brief. The reason that this forum is dying on it's feet is partly related to the footy mad set up. I cannot log in , my account isn't recognised and attempts to re register are ridiculously complictated and hit and miss as to whether the registration happens. It really has become a shockingly incompetant set up.

MissWinnie
03-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Not good, Oz. Yubby hasn't been able to log in again, too. :(

Ok. I think I will send a note. Will try and do it tonight.

yubbywelch
03-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Okay for the first time in a month on my laptop.
Could not use phone on the weekend.

yubbywelch
03-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Still going .

No flashing box on the side on the page.

yubbywelch
03-03-2014, 10:23 AM
spoke too soon :(

ozfan
04-03-2014, 12:46 AM
One thing I've noticed is we're not simply logging into VM. We're also connecting with numerous advertising and statistical based sites. From my estimate we're connecting with at least 15-20 sites.When one of those sites doesn't connect then the VM page doesn't resolve or it takes ages waiting for the ad site to connect.Very flawed.

I'm on an apple laptop and I can see the connections bottom left of the screen.

yubbywelch
04-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Back to phone again, laptop not working again

MissWinnie
04-03-2014, 09:52 AM
I tried filling in the Contact form, but it wouldn't send. I decided to send an email to the guy at DSG who was doing the upgrade instead (I know Yubbs has already emailed him). I don't know if LMV/Statesey would be able to contact admin directly on our behalf? Anyway, here's what I emailed ...

Hi Chris,

I'm Winnie, a poster on the Villa Mad board. Reading the board over the last couple of months, it has become clear that there are a number of long standing and much loved regular posters who have been really struggling to post since the server upgrade. As I'm sure you will appreciate, this is spoiling the enjoyment of the board both for the posters who are experiencing issues, and those of us, who are missing their contributions.

I understand that changing servers can be a difficult job, and I'm sure that you are working hard to resolve the issues. A couple of us were wondering, however, whether you were aware of the extent to which posters are experiencing problems, and the na

MissWinnie
04-03-2014, 10:03 AM
One thing I've noticed is we're not simply logging into VM. We're also connecting with numerous advertising and statistical based sites. From my estimate we're connecting with at least 15-20 sites.When one of those sites doesn't connect then the VM page doesn't resolve or it takes ages waiting for the ad site to connect.Very flawed.

I'm on an apple laptop and I can see the connections bottom left of the screen.

Hmm ... interesting. I can't see anything on my screen (don't use an Apple) ...

ozfan
04-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Good stuff Winnie, can't do much more than that.

I notice with other sites the same thing but usually three or four connections. Nowhere near the numbers logging into VM.

An example would be www.adserv.com (connected)

MissWinnie
05-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Thanks Oz. I just thought that if they're not aware of the problems people have been having, then they can't do anything about trying to fix them.

I was blissfully unaware that we were connecting to all these other sites until I read your post. That's quite a big difference between VM and what you say is a more normal number ...

yubbywelch
05-03-2014, 11:10 AM
I never did hear back Winnie

MissWinnie
06-03-2014, 01:49 PM
I didn't think you had, Yubby. Just checked my emails this lunch time. Nothing yet. I don't know if I'll get a response, but all we can do is try. As the contact form wasn't working, I couldn't think of who else I could get in touch with. At least we are making them aware, if nothing else.