PDA

View Full Version : Robert Hall

JimmyJazz64
21-02-2014, 07:15 PM
Read something this week while I was away along the lines of Dougie not wanting to "damage" him or younger players by playing them in a relegation scrap? And he'd put a development plan together for him?

I get it. Sort of. Hall was like a rabbit in headlights against Blackpool in the last game last year and was a big mistake.

But...what I don't get is that Dougie played a shed load of young players when he was at Palace and they weren't doing so well, and the young and hungry players turned it round for him and built his reputation for developing youth

Confused!!

danm1992
21-02-2014, 08:51 PM
The problem is you can only work with what you've got.

Gartside wrote in his statement for the accounts that that Freedman had brought through some young players at Palace was a big selling point.

People have been conned into thinking that because Dougie gave debuts to Zaha and one or two others, he's some kind of genius at working with kids. There's no way Zaha would have rotted in the reserves had it not been for Dougie. Who's to say Dougie got the most anybody could out of him and the others?

That a few players came through when Dougie was manager at Palace doesn't mean the same is gonna happen here unfortunately.

I've been very impressed with Hall, Odelusi and Vela, yet they can't get a game in the cup.