PDA

View Full Version : West Ham match thread

Grannie64
22-02-2014, 07:05 AM
As I'm up and getting ready to go, I thought I'll get it up and running. Going to be a tough one but if we play or normal game we should get a result. Good news that Lovern and Gaston could be involved. Otherwise same team that started against Hull. COYS

souths1
22-02-2014, 07:42 AM
Need a win to lift the team after last weeks no show.
How many going Grannie?
Just waiting for my lift to the station now, going to be a messy day!XD

Grannie64
22-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Away allocation sold out. At Swanwick waiting on SWT as all Southern stopping at Havant because of person hit by a train at Bedhampton. Either going to be on the 9.30 or 10.00 from Soton Central.

ozzy62
22-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Can't be bothered staying up late to watch hoofball and a biased referee.

Hoping to wake up to 3 points but not confident at all.I think the karma bus might hit us.:blue:

Grannie64
22-02-2014, 09:20 AM
After posting that a Southern train arrived. Got into central just after nine Platform 1 full of people taking advantage of the A?10 return. 9.00 arrived rammed packed now waiting for the 9.30. Happy days.

Pentridge
22-02-2014, 10:12 AM
How many going Grannie?

Are you in a pub yet?

CostaBaz
22-02-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm hoping this game goes the unexpected way.

The Hoofers to defend as badly as Fulham, and Saints final balls to be consistently on the money, with a score of 0-4 at the end. O:)

But expecting it to go as expected with the likely outcome being a boring, low scoring game, with Saints wasting good possession by hitting inconsistent final balls.

souths1
22-02-2014, 11:48 AM
How many going Grannie?

Are you in a pub yet?[/quote]

First beer passed the lips at 8.50.
Now in Leicester square.

Grannie64
22-02-2014, 01:07 PM
At West Ham enroute to Upton Park first time in 34 years I've made this trip. Do like the platform barriers.

souths1
22-02-2014, 01:53 PM
In london somewhere?
Got on the train at totton, no probs got a seat and table for the beer!!! Have a good one Grannie.O:)

Brockley_Jack
22-02-2014, 02:14 PM
I have a good feeling about this. The hoofers minus the pikey? Keep Nolan quiet, which shouldn't be too difficult for Schneiders and we can do this.

saintwayne
22-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Like the look of the team, and a strong bench too, great to see Dejan and Gaston back. :D

harvey_7
22-02-2014, 03:14 PM
Skates go 1-0 down & we go 1-0 up :D

proclaimer
22-02-2014, 03:20 PM
West Ham clear the ball. Hoof shout the Southampton fans. XD XD

proclaimer
22-02-2014, 03:20 PM
1 -1 Offside. :(

CostaBaz
22-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Ok, yet another game ruined by a poor decision, this time the Lino.

Another "ball hits hand" incident that may have been given by other refs, especially to the likes of Chelsea etc.

But, bottom line, we didn't take our chances, when they came, especially the cross by Shaw, that just missed Lallana and the two shots, from Gaston and Lallana, when both clear on goal.
Plus West Ham got the luck, when it was needed, with the final "ball", for both their 2nd and 3rd goals, coming from Saints defenders, as in ricochets off Yoshida and Fonte.

Gaston looked good though. :D

Pentridge
22-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Well at least one board member has had a RIGHT old touch today, beers on Souths I reckon...

PapaLazarou
22-02-2014, 08:09 PM
West Ham did what they do better than we did what we do - it's as simple as that..

Yes, I was disappointed with the offside decision but that in itself wasn't why we went down 3-1. It's all well and good playing pretty football and having the majority of the play, but it counts for jack if you don't create chances in the final third.

Big plus point was Gaston who looked sharp and hungry when he came on - that creativity could be just what we need in our run in.

And a pity that Lovren wasn't fit enough to start at Sunderland. Had he done, I reckon he'd have been a shoe in for today which may well have contributed to a more resilient back four..

Grannie64
22-02-2014, 09:23 PM
A disappointing result the plus side seeing Gaston playing and Lovren on the bench, hopefully be back for the next one. Speaking to a Hammer fan after felt Clattenberg didn't give them anything either and as an amateur referee who felt his officiating was very poor. Admitted it's not entertaining to watch, how a team like West Ham play like the away team even at home must be Labourous. Though they did punish us on the counter.
Even Barca had a bad day losing 3 - 1 today.>;)

saintwayne
23-02-2014, 01:08 AM
West Ham did what they do better than we did what we do - it's as simple as that..

Yes, I was disappointed with the offside decision but that in itself wasn't why we went down 3-1. It's all well and good playing pretty football and having the majority of the play, but it counts for jack if you don't create chances in the final third.

Big plus point was Gaston who looked sharp and hungry when he came on - that creativity could be just what we need in our run in.

And a pity that Lovren wasn't fit enough to start at Sunderland. Had he done, I reckon he'd have been a shoe in for today which may well have contributed to a more resilient back four..

Agree with all this.

We actually dominated most of the game, second half especially but we are just not clinical enough in the final third. JayRod is just far too incosistent and Lambert sadly looks like he's on his last legs. We can't expect Adam to bail us out every game.

Gaston's p

kernow
23-02-2014, 08:36 AM
Couldn't believe the match stats.
69% of the possession.
24 shots with 4 on target against their 10 with 5 ?!

Said I didn't have a good feeling about this one. :/

BilltheCat
24-02-2014, 10:08 PM
"Hey, everybody, I'm going to a match...I'm waiting for a train...now I'm on a train...now I'm having a drink...now I'm at a famous London landmark so you'll all know I'm not actually still in Scumpton".

WALOB!!!

Saddest thread I've ever read. Get a life for f.uck's sake!!

stevo1272
24-02-2014, 10:28 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Dirtyweasel
24-02-2014, 11:07 PM
[quote="BilltheCat".

WALOB!!!

Saddest thread I've ever read. Get a life for f.uck's sake!![/quote]

You'll be pleased to hear that one of our regular posters, having placed a bet in East London (pre-match), won more than a teaching assistant such as you earns in two years, on the results of Saturday's games B)

You'll always be a wa.nker and a loser bill...it's all you're good at.

kernow
25-02-2014, 06:34 AM
Beers on souths1 on Saturday ? :D

Pentridge
25-02-2014, 08:28 AM
You'll always be a ****er and a loser Bill..

Yep just about sums it up.

BilltheCat
28-02-2014, 10:33 PM

Says the scummer who's got more posts on FF than I have. :blue:

Would it help if we all spread our ar$e-cheeks nice and wide so you could really get some good rimming action going, Slim?

Beg-friend!!

Brockley_Jack
01-03-2014, 07:42 AM

Says the scummer who's got more posts on FF than I have. :blue:

Would it help if we all spread our ar$e-cheeks nice and wide so you could really get some good rimming action going, Slim?

Beg-friend!![/quote]

Bad day in the classroom Bill? Did one of the real teachers pick on you? Or did one of the big boys steal your dinner money?

Go on, let it all out. Venting such nonsense via keyboard will really make you feel hard. You can brag about it to all your frie...
Oh wait...

ozzy62
01-03-2014, 08:09 AM
This is a match thread which is probably read by everybody.

Do we really need to read his bitter irrelavent crap?

Wish I was a mod XD

Brockley_Jack
01-03-2014, 09:41 AM
This is a match thread which is probably read by everybody.

Do we really need to read his bitter irrelavent crap?

Wish I was a mod XD

Oh I'm tempted. But you know how well that goes down on here.