PDA

View Full Version : Mark Curtis - Agent

WHU
22-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Mark Curtis is agent for Sam Allardyce, Kevin Nolan, James Tomkins, Jack Collison, Matt Jarvis and Andy Carroll.

Same lad in the news re: Ravel Morrison controversy.

I'm sure many know this and I'm sure many know our managers long term links to this guy.

Redknapp gets ten pelters on the financial front compared to our current managers one.

No accusations here. Simply pointing out info that is freely available on the WWW.

As is the case with Terry Brown, many have short memories and a win next week sweeps everything away. Our club no different to the rest.

Sad times. A game built on greed with no foundations for the future. In my opinion.

rednekst
22-02-2014, 09:44 AM
The complete bane of the game imo.

How much input did 'Rodneys' have in his AŁ300k/week?

bonzosbest74
22-02-2014, 11:56 AM
It's quickly forgotten that Allardyce, his son and Curtis were subject to a Panorama investigation. I believe he was also issued a formal warning by the Football League following the investigation into financial irregularities.

The most memorable parts from the documentary were Redknapp tapping up Colin Todds son (who's escapes me) on a hidden camera but Allardyce and Kevin Bond were also heavily featured.

If my memory serves me correctly both Allardyce and Bond threatened legal action against the BBC but never actually did anything.

WHU
22-02-2014, 02:24 PM
correct mate

been accused or semi-accused many times

always threatens legal action

never carried it out

'do the math' as some might say - view external link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/5363942.stm)

WHU
22-02-2014, 02:27 PM
[no body] - view external link (http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/jun/16/football.paulkelso)

WHU
22-02-2014, 02:28 PM
[no body] - view external link (http://blogs.thescore.com/counterattack/2012/03/16/former-football-agent-goes-on-bizarre-twitter-tirade/)

bonzosbest74
22-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Well done for digging those up mate, exactly as I remember.

Having re-read all three articles you would have to be either extremely naive or related to Allardyce to think that he and his agent didn't try and manipulate Morrison.

I mean why would Ravel make that story up? If he were going to invent a story as route out of the club then it would surely be about a training ground bust up or being dropped from the team. The accusation (backed up by numerous press reports) that he was coerced into changing agent by Curtis, Big Sam and Nolan is a little too precise and in keeping with Allardyce's history to be fabricated from nothing.

dagenhamJohn
22-02-2014, 03:02 PM

Having re-read all three articles you would have to be either extremely naive or related to Allardyce to think that he and his agent didn't try and manipulate Morrison.

I mean why would Ravel make that story up? If he were going to invent a story as route out of the club then it would surely be about a training ground bust up or being dropped from the team. The accusation (backed up by numerous press reports) that he was coerced into changing agent by Curtis, Big Sam and Nolan is a little too precise and in keeping with Allardyce's history to be fabricated from nothing.Agatha Christie anyone :D

we'll have to get rooms for this 1 XD

WHU
22-02-2014, 03:16 PM
there is not one reason for morrison to make that up

why doesn't allardyce get his lawyers to act like they have previously?

;D

bonzosbest74
22-02-2014, 03:36 PM

I mean why would Ravel make that story up? If he were going to invent a story as route out of the club then it would surely be about a training ground bust up or being dropped from the team. The accusation (backed up by numerous press reports) that he was coerced into changing agent by Curtis, Big Sam and Nolan is a little too precise and in keeping with Allardyce's history to be fabricated from nothing.Agatha Christie anyone :D

we'll have to get rooms for this 1 XD[/quote]

I'll make my judgements based on his historical record and football league warnings and leave the blind faith and Area 51 stuff to you Mr John Allardyce of Dagenhamshire ;D

palerider
23-02-2014, 06:33 AM
There's a piece in today's Mail on Sunday.

They apparently have some insight into the alleged altercation between Ravel Morrison and West Ham and they say that despite four wins on the spin there is no guarantee that the owners will retain the services of Allardyce next season because of 'certain issues'.

Now it could be that the Chuckle Brothers were at the Emirates on Wednesday night to see Bayern Munich enjoy 88% second-half posession and decided that we had to abandon hoofball.

Or maybe it's another reason. This has legs.