PDA

View Full Version : Re; them claret & blue sorts

Despair
22-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Just come across the thread and saw the repeated tedious 'debate'.

Lets get this cleared up;

I do not believe anyone is directly claiming that finance had no bearing upon BRFC's 'achievement'.

BRFC did not create the Prem circus.

BRFC did not create the increasing 'interest' from Johnny Foreigner (with a few bob in his pocket) diving in.

BRFC merely bought their way into a position where they could compete, and thus give them a shot at the trophy. This at the time when 'finance' had already become more and more the be all and end all of where any team / club sat in the scheme of things.
I.e. post minimum wage removal courtesy James Hill.
This finance coming from a real home town boy / lifelong fan. How that can be seen as 'distasteful' is beyond my comprehension. Except maybe from most of those down at Turf Moor.
As some have said there are many others at other clubs who have tried to emulate and sadly for them have failed.

I need to repeat again, I have nothing but admiration fo

CaspertheClaret
22-02-2014, 03:12 PM
You can't just go starting related new threads willy nilly. There is a protocol you know >:(

Despair
22-02-2014, 03:48 PM
Only just come across the posting and it now has a no reply flag/blocker on it :/

poltergeist
22-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Cardiff City v Hull City. Match preview22-Feb-2014
Sheffield United vs. Bristol City21-Feb-2014
Away ticket details. Everton21-Feb-2014
Mark Hudson ruled out for the rest of the season21-Feb-2014
Match Preview: Arsenal vs. Sunderland21-Feb-2014
Football Specials Return For Cup Final21-Feb-2014
D'Urso's being paying the penalty21-Feb-2014LIVE SCORESFOOTBALL NEWSSTATISTICSFAN VS FAN BETTINGGAMINGBETTINGBlackburn Rovers FC NewsBRFC Latest
Latest NewsLeague TableFixtures/ResultsThe Other SideMatch ReportsCup CompetitionsMatch Day
Match PreviewsResults ServiceHead-to-HeadMan in MiddleNon-league fixturesPre-match QuotesBlast From PastPost-Match
Sams ViewOther SideInteractive
MessageboardWallpaper GalleryVoting PollsRovers Players
SquadPlayer SearchBRFC
125 Years of BRFCBRFC League HistoryHonours & InformationCup HistoryDirections to GroundStatistics
Form TablesSequencesTeam-by-team AnalysisLeading GoalscorersRovers of oldPositions GraphGaming & Betting
Betting PreviewBeat The Manager

AucklandRover
22-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Only just come across the posting and it now has a no reply flag/blocker on it :/

Despair - I suspect you couldn't reply because the Server/Computer at Roversmad was as bored with the thread as I was and went on strike in protest. Personally, I decided to watch a documentary about sloth-racing as an alternative.